/* */

PDA

View Full Version : broken arm - metal rods

Ummah
07-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Asalaamualaikum

if someone crushes & breaks their arm and requires metal rods in 3 places for it to heal...

is that really serious?...

like..the arm will go back to normal wont it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
07-29-2007, 10:32 PM
:sl: :sl:
I don't really know plus it depends how you crushed it and i do not think metal rods will help that much it can help but you might not me able to bend your hand that much or not even much

strider
07-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Sounds painful. :(

Woodrow
07-29-2007, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummah
Asalaamualaikum

if someone crushes & breaks their arm and requires metal rods in 3 places for it to heal...

:w:

It is serious and it is initially painful. The one thing you need to find out is if the intent is for the rods to be temporary or permanent.he temporary ones are usually used if a person is still in their growing years and usually there is no long term effects. Permanent pins are less painful. However, they will limit future growth of the bones

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SpazzBurd
07-29-2007, 11:38 PM
Anytime a bone is broken in more than one place, the bone goes through the skin, or requires pins and such to set the bone, that is serious.

A crush injury could also have damaged the nerves, which can affect movement and sensation. It also depends on where the pins are. If they go into a joint, they can limit the movement of the joint.

The best person to ask this is your doctor, since they have a better idea of all the details of your injury.

snakelegs
07-30-2007, 01:01 AM
in any case, i think the person will need a lot of physical therapy to regain full motion. of course, the younger the person is, the better the chance is that it will go back to normal.

Muslim Woman
07-30-2007, 01:11 AM
:w:

format_quote Originally Posted by Ummah
Asalaamualaikum

i think it's better if u talk to any doc. Non-doctor may give u many opinions & u will be confused & nervous :confused: :nervous:

hope u dont need it for urself :okay:

Woodrow
07-30-2007, 01:31 AM
As been said by at least 2 members. A doctor can give you better insight.

When I was 23 years old I had a few severe fractures that required metal rods. I did have sufficient recovery to return to military duty for 4 more years and am still functioning 44 years later and still have the rods. I am certain the skills of orthopedic surgeons have increased in the past 44 years.

Ummah
07-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Asalaamualaikum

jazakhAllah everyone for your help, i was just worried because my sisters hubby to be had a car accident yesterday and his arm got crushed. theyre going to operate on him on wednesday so please do duah for him as hes in alot of pain.

Woodrow..that must have been painful!...also....23+44....mashAllah! may Allah swt give you good health. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.