/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I be with the woman I love?

nifurebo
07-29-2007, 11:21 PM
I love a muslim woman who loves me too, who cannot be with me because I am not Muslim. I do believe in God, but I am not of any formal religion. How is this right?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
07-29-2007, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nifurebo
I love a muslim woman who loves me too, who cannot be with me because I am not Muslim. I do believe in God, but I am not of any formal religion. How is this right?
Be happy that the woman is choosing to live as she believes. If you truly love her, than allow her the freedom to love Allah(swt) above human love.

As hard and difficult it sounds the woman is placing her values in the priority of Allah(swt) comes first.

nifurebo
07-29-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm a good person, so is she, Allah would not disapprove

Sunni Student
07-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Study into Islam may be you will want to Revert!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nifurebo
07-30-2007, 12:04 AM
I have already. But I don't believe any religion can have the ultimate truth. Islam says that Muhammad is the last prophet. But surely God can change his mind.

Woodrow
07-30-2007, 12:55 AM
I'm a good person, so is she, Allah would not disapprove
Neither your's nor the woman's integrity is questioned. This is a difficult issue for a non-Muslim to understand. The simple fact is we love Allah(swt) more than human love.

Perhaps you may want to search and try to understand why the young lady would choose to follow the path of Islam over marrying you?

nevesirth
07-30-2007, 01:00 AM
u said she cant be with u? do u mean in marriage or just for a fling? how old are u and how old is she?

جوري
07-30-2007, 03:41 AM
In the Quran all is preserved for the edification of generations anteceding, current and those to come... perhaps after you've read it you'll attain better understading and arrive to (I hope non-linear) conclusions about G-D and learn that Islam is the religion that though might appear the newst also the oldest Abrahamic religion-- as to submit oneself to the one G-D has always been the message therein!..

I don't believe the answer you are looking for lies on an Islamic forum, or any forum.. if you are here for advise.. my best advise is, if you can't control the events in your life, perhaps you can learn to control better how you view and deal with them...A sure way to great communication and deeper understanding, comes from education, not ideas conceived beforehand... if all the knowledge of the world is already within you, try to sort it out so that it is more a fortress than a cesspool!... Read the Quran, perhaps you'll know why someone would choose G-D over you-- even if they have a great affection for you..

peace!

dream gurl
07-30-2007, 05:58 AM
because itz against da religion if a muslim woman marries a non-muslim da wedding is invalid.you must become a muslim in order to marry her

Skywalker
07-30-2007, 07:27 AM
I just want to build up on what Woodrow said -- if the cap'n doesn't mind ;)

As Muslims, we don't live for this life, but the hereafter. We look at this life as nothing more than a quick bridge to the place that we will eternally reside in. It's how we act on this bridge that determines how our life after that will be, so if we do good deeds in this life and we do them not for some worldly cause like prestige, graces of women, or just getting more money -- but instead doing them for Allah's sake while at the same time worshipping Allah the way He deserves to be worshipped, then we have a much better chance of being rewarded and living happily in the hereafter. In that case, marriage in Islam is not necessarily for "eternal love" or whatever, but for having a partner in life who can support you, care for you, fulfil your desires, and through their words, actions, and their love, bring you closer to Allah and keep you on the right path to entering paradise.

Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to rule out becoming a Muslim -- frankly what have you got to lose? Perhaps the reason why you don't align yourself with any religion, and especially Islam, is because you don't know much about Islam, and contrary to what some people said, I think that hanging out with us here on the forum could give you a lot more insight into what Islam is and, maybe more importantly for you, what it's like to be around Muslims. So I say keep that possibility open, and you'll see we're a nice bunch :)

As for what you said...
But I don't believe any religion can have the ultimate truth. Islam says that Muhammad is the last prophet. But surely God can change his mind
God CAN change His mind, He can do anything, but thinking about it logically, why would someone who knows EVERYTHING, including the infinite future and past of the universe and each of us, ever change their mind? Either way that's not the point. Mohammed (pbuh) was sent to mankind as a last warning after innumerable other prophets (pbut) came before him to warn mankind about their evil actions and their betrayal of their creator...and to give them a chance to repent and seek His mercy. What we do with that warning is completely up to us, but we are made aware of the rewards and consequences of the paths that we choose, and are also provided with the ideal path to follow in order to be in Allah's grace.

Take care man, and welcome to the forum :)

Sunni Student
07-30-2007, 03:39 PM
I have already. But I don't believe any religion can have the ultimate truth. Islam says that Muhammad is the last prophet. But surely God can change his mind.
I would like to ask you a few questions, if you are serious with regards to your faith then please do give them some consideration.

1) Do you believe God is omniscient [All-Knowing], as in He knows all that has happened and all that is to come?

2) Do you believe God is free from error and mistakes?

3) Do you believe God is truthful

If yes to all of the above, would it be befitting for a God Who has such attributes to change His mind?

If no to any of the above, you should first affirm your belief in God for you do not truly believe in Him!

Pk_#2
07-30-2007, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dream gurl
because itz against da religion if a muslim woman marries a non-muslim da wedding is invalid.you must become a muslim in order to marry her
You musn't convert for marriage but for Allah (swt) ONLY'cause otherwise the conversion?:muddlehea would be invalid, which will make the marriage void also.:DPeace be upon those who follow guidance.

7ai_3la_Alsalah
07-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Peace to all of you
Wives should obey their husbands in what they say except in Haram things.
She believes that there is only one God, Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala while you disbelieve in Allah and believes in trinity or don’t believe in God existence.
She loves her beloved prophet Mohammad Salla Allah Alyhi Wa Sallam and try to follow him while you don’t care.
She prays 5 times a day, fast in Ramadan and does Zakah and Hajj, while you don’t have that fixed times for God.
She believes that wine and Pork is Haram, while you eat and drink it.
If you got kids they will be on religion of their daddy, so do you think that a Muslim mom would let her beloved kids to hellfire?!
Muslims get married to establish an Islamic family, and from Husbands duties are to teach their wives their Religion, so what you will Teach her?!

Salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.