/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is it a curse

tofy
07-30-2007, 02:28 PM
:sl:
girls in our family are not married n they are in their 30s, their agemates with whom the went to school are married and with children. i am 19 and i have had about 4 men proposing to me n i declined because of various reasons.am worried, is this sam kind of curse because at some point i fill i might be jus like them if not worse.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rafeeq
07-30-2007, 07:38 PM
considering very basic needs, i think you should accept one of the proposal which seems good. Your parents are better to decide this as they have got a life time experience. If this age elapses, there will be no (may God forbides) proposal. 19 or 20 is very good age to get married.
Ask Allah for His help and proceed.
Congritulations from me in advance.
May Allah make you to decide good.
Masalam

Helena
07-30-2007, 07:52 PM
I dont think its a curse sis. Age is an big issue in the south asian community, that annoys me.

It is Allah(swt) will ( qadr)..when the marriage will take place and with whom. Allah(swt) knows best. We jus need have patience and ignore the cultural values .

7ai_3la_Alsalah
07-30-2007, 09:26 PM
السلام عليكم
my advice for you, if you found a good brother, go marry him, it's the best you can do and dont delay it for latter time.

Ma'salama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lipstick
07-30-2007, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 7ai_3la_Alsalah
السلام عليكم
my advice for you, if you found a good brother, go marry him, it's the best you can do and dont delay it for latter time.

Ma'salama

that just the problem

good brothers are rare and are hard to find....

Camomilla
07-30-2007, 09:40 PM
thanx for the share, Jazakallah Khair!

tryinghard
07-31-2007, 04:36 AM
Asalamu alaikum,

I don't think it's a curse. It's just the way things worked out. Perhaps for educational reasons or otherwise, they postponed marriage. Discuss this with your parents, but I don't think you should get married if you're studying or if you're feeling pressured to because of your friends around you. If you feel it's right, then do it. I wish you the best in life

princessz
08-01-2007, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lipstick
that just the problem

Very very very true.... and even if you find them, they're 'not ready to get married':-\

highway_trekker
08-01-2007, 04:15 PM
May Allaah make things easy for you sister-aameen

Muslim Woman
08-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Salaam/peace;

format_quote Originally Posted by tofy
:sl:
girls in our family are not married n they are in their 30s, .

life is a test . We don't know which one is a punishment & which one is a way to gain rewards. As believers , we must have patinece.

My cousin ( sis ) got married 2 months back. She is 35 +

when mom called me & told that her marriage date is final ...i just could not believe it. Her marriage is one of the happist events in my life.

Allah is kind to us , have faith & patience.

Insha Allah , for each test , we will get rewards.

tofy
10-22-2007, 01:55 PM
assalam aleykum, thanq all

tofy
10-22-2007, 01:58 PM
aslm alkm, its really tough to know who is right 4 me or if its a good brother,

IceQueen~
10-22-2007, 02:01 PM
One piece of advice is that when a proposal comes don't go around telling anyone- it's best to keep these things quiet with respect to evil eye etc

7ai_3la_Alsalah
11-10-2007, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lipstick
that just the problem

Alsalamu Alikum

May be they are rare but they still exist, the same thing with good sisters, they are rare and you have to search hard till you find one.

May Allah grace All unmarried brothers with a pious sister, and all unmarried sisters with a pious brother, Ameeen :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.