/* */

PDA

View Full Version : can a brother have a picture of a woman thats not his wife

julie sarri
07-31-2007, 07:55 AM
i was wondering if there are any hadith's on this subject.can a brother keep a picture of his friends girlfriend who is not wearing hijab.i dont think he is aloud to but i just wanted some evidence or a hadith

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
08-01-2007, 09:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by julie sarri
i was wondering if there are any hadith's on this subject.can a brother keep a picture of his friends girlfriend who is not wearing hijab.i dont think he is aloud to but i just wanted some evidence or a hadith
Why on earth would he want to keep a picture of his friend's girlfriend?!

shev
08-01-2007, 10:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
can't you immagine a stuation of having that photo. for example they have a group photo taken in past and that girl wasn't wearing hijab but now she is wearing and in that photo you have a lot of good friends you don't want to throw it away. but it won't be nice to look at it an show it to other poeple because she is wearing hijap now?? can't it be

Far7an
08-01-2007, 10:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shev
can't you immagine a stuation of having that photo. for example they have a group photo taken in past and that girl wasn't wearing hijab but now she is wearing and in that photo you have a lot of good friends you don't want to throw it away. but it won't be nice to look at it an show it to other poeple because she is wearing hijap now?? can't it be

For starters, I'm sure we all know the rulings on having illegitimate relations with the opposite sex and also on mixed gatherings! I think those two reasons alone should be enough to shred the photo!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S.A.
08-01-2007, 10:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shev
OK lets get to the point here.

The issues in here are:
Woman is not related i.e. friend's girlfriend
Woman not wearing hijab i.e. beauty exposed to strangers

Iam again trying to explain what i mean. Is there really need for evidence (hadith or quran) here when we know clearly how simple the issue is?

And im sure many users have posted numerous ahadith on 'lowering gaze', 'womans auro', 'womans mahram' and many related posts.

S.A.
08-01-2007, 10:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
:sl:

Think of it logically, why on earth would there be a hadeeth specifically on having photos? 1400 years ago there were no photography as it is now, hence it is a controversial subject.

That should be enough as an explanation...You came for an explanation and that's what you got, it's now up to you on what you want to do.
Exactly. Thats wht i meant.

I think the 'moderators' should close the thread now.
:threadclo

Ummu Sufyaan
08-01-2007, 10:38 AM
no offense to anyone, but just go easy on the sis, she's just asking a question.

S.A.
08-01-2007, 10:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
no offense to anyone, but just go easy on the sis, she's just asking a question.
I just felt irritated reading that question.

My apologies to julie if i sounded rude.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-01-2007, 10:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.A.
OK lets get to the point here.

The issues in here are:
Woman is not related i.e. friend's girlfriend
Woman not wearing hijab i.e. beauty exposed to strangers

Iam again trying to explain what i mean. Is there really need for evidence (hadith or quran) here when we know clearly how simple the issue is?

And im sure many users have posted numerous ahadith on 'lowering gaze', 'womans auro', 'womans mahram' and many related posts.
sis, for some people, it anit that simple, some people are really ignorant you maybe surprised (speaking generally here). and its always nice to make sure. and by answering peoples questions, you never know, you maybe encouraging them to ask more. i mean, i personally wouldn't do it/feel comfortable with it.

S.A.
08-01-2007, 10:54 AM
sis, for some people, it anit that simple, some people are really ignorant you maybe surprised (speaking generally here). and its always nice to make sure. and by answering peoples questions, you never know, you maybe encouraging them to ask more. i mean, i personally wouldn't do it/feel comfortable with it.

Maryam, Julie didnt mean that she didnt know if it was haram/halal (she knows its wrong) but she was asking for some evidence.

Thats when i felt annoyed. Asking evidence for such a simple matter.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-01-2007, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.A.
Maryam, Julie didnt mean that she didnt know if it was haram/halal (she knows its wrong) but she was asking for some evidence.

Thats when i felt annoyed. Asking evidence for such a simple matter.
rightio, oops. i should read things more carefully. but why would you ask for evidence if you know something is wrong??

S.A.
08-01-2007, 11:04 AM
rightio, oops. i should read things more carefully. but why would you ask for evidence if you know something is wrong??
Your question is directed to me or Julie?

Ummu Sufyaan
08-01-2007, 11:06 AM
it was directed at you, but i guess julie could answer it too!!

S.A.
08-01-2007, 11:31 AM
It seems like things have cooled down.

Tania
08-01-2007, 01:50 PM
I read here its not permisible to take photos of living persons. :-[

julie sarri
08-01-2007, 02:10 PM
basically it was my husband who was looking after his friends passport he asked me to look for something where the passports are kept i found his friends passport and there was documents in there belonging to the mans girlfriend one had a picture of her. I asked my husband who got up set and said find some evidence to prove its wrong for him to have it even if he dosent look at it. i was upset becouse if it was me in the picture without hijab and now i wear it i wouldent want any one seeing a picture of me without hijab. this is why i dont post so much every body ends up angry i wont post again lol i didnt want to up set anyone :cry:

rozeena
08-01-2007, 02:18 PM
basically it was my husband who was looking after his friends passport he asked me to look for something where the passports are kept i found his friends passport and there was documents in there belonging to the mans girlfriend one had a picture of her. I asked my husband who got up set and said find some evidence to prove its wrong for him to have it even if he dosent look at it. i was upset becouse if it was me in the picture without hijab and now i wear it i wouldent want any one seeing a picture of me without hijab. this is why i dont post so much every body ends up angry i wont post again lol i didnt want to up set anyone :cry:
no i dnt think u upset any1 sis.

S.A.
08-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Julie...u shud have posted this situation in your question. I wasnt upset but i was definitely IRRITATED.

This is what happens when you vaguely ask some question without giving more information.

piXie
08-01-2007, 04:20 PM
basically it was my husband who was looking after his friends passport he asked me to look for something where the passports are kept i found his friends passport and there was documents in there belonging to the mans girlfriend one had a picture of her. I asked my husband who got up set and said find some evidence to prove its wrong for him to have it even if he dosent look at it.
:salamext:

Aaaah, got confuseddddd then. the way u asked it was as if the guy was specifically keeping a picture of his friends girlfriend because he was interested in her or something, n that’s obviously not allowed !

so we were thinking

format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
natural reaction

Holey crackers, but that’s not th case here sis. The case here is completely different

ur husband is just taking care of his friends documents. Its not like he is concerned with the picture or anything. It doesn’t even belong to him and he doesnt even look at it. Therefore, I wouldn’t advise u to make this a big issue and upset ur husband over it inshaAllah. as that would just annoy and frustrate him. Don’t u think ? :-\

i was upset becouse if it was me in the picture without hijab and now i wear it i wouldent want any one seeing a picture of me without hijab.
hold up, didnt get tht :confused: Your husbands friends girlfriend has now started wearing Hijaab ? :confused:

julie sarri
08-01-2007, 04:48 PM
no its my husbands friends girlfriend anyway i think that the best thing is to let it drop it as my husband seemed upset about the issue but thank you anyway for all the help every one gave

piXie
08-01-2007, 05:03 PM
no its my husbands friends girlfriend
oops, thts what i meant, but missed the 'friend' out. neways, been edited. sorry :hiding:

i think that the best thing is to let it drop it as my husband seemed upset about the issue
yea...wise idea! :)

Umm Yoosuf
08-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah

We should respect one another and not let our emotions get in the way. For some of us English isn't our first language, or perhaps we are new (reverts) to Islaam and need clarification on some issues which people might “assume” as easy stuff. Have mercy on others and think before you press the post button :)

S.A.
08-02-2007, 05:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah

We should respect one another and not let our emotions get in the way. For some of us English isn't our first language, or perhaps we are new (reverts) to Islaam and need clarification on some issues which people might “assume” as easy stuff. Have mercy on others and think before you press the post button :)
No merciless action had been taken :)

There was no issue of 'poor use of language' on the part of the questioner but 'insufficient information' which lead to the whole confusion and misunderstanding.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.