/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Words Worthy of Golden Ink

Protected_Diamond
07-31-2007, 11:47 AM
It was narrated upon Shaqeeq al-Balkhi (rahimahullah) that he said to Hatim: “You have accompanied me for a while so what have you learnt from me?”
He said:“ I have learnt from you 8 things:

Firstly: I looked at the creation and found that every person has something which is beloved to him and when he reaches his grave this beloved thing is cut off from him. So I have made my beloved, my good deeds so that it will remain with me in the grave.

Secondly: I looked at the saying of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) :

“And as for him who feared standing before his Lord, and restrained himself from impure evil desires and lusts”

So I strove against my soul defending it from desires until it settled upon obedience to Allah.

Thirdly: I saw that everyone who has something precious safeguards it (with much care), so then I looked at the saying of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

“And that which you have will perish and that which is with Allah will remain”

So whenever I came across something which I found to be precious I directed it to Him so that it will remain with Him for me.

Fourthly: I saw that the people were depending upon their wealth, nobility and dignity, which are all nothing (in reality) so I looked at the saying of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

“Indeed the most honorable of you in the sight of Allah are those who are most pious amongst you”

So I proceeded upon taqwa in order to gain an honorable standing with him (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) .

Fifthly: I saw the people being jealous of each other so I looked at the saying of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

“We have divided between them their livelihood”

So I abandoned jealousy because it is in opposition to the destiny of Allah.

Sixthly: I saw them having enmity between themselves so I looked at the saying of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

“Indeed the Satan is an enemy for you so take him as your enemy”

So I abandoned this enmity and took the shaytaan as my sole enemy.

Seventhly: I saw them resorting to shameful measures in search for provision so I looked at the saying of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

“And there is not a creature on the Earth except that Allah provides for it”.

So I engaged myself (in establishing) His rights that He (subhaanahu wa ta'aala) has over me and entrusted what is mine, with him, in assurance of his promise.

Eighthly: I saw them relying (solely) upon their trade and products and strong healthy bodies but I put my trust in Allah the lord of the worlds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Sahab.Net
(Translated by Abu Obeid)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
highway_trekker
07-31-2007, 01:29 PM
Thirdly: I saw that everyone who has something precious safeguards it (with much care), so then I looked at the saying of Allah (subhaanahu wa ta'aala):

“And that which you have will perish and that which is with Allah will remain”

So whenever I came across something which I found to be precious I directed it to Him so that it will remain with Him for me

And the believer loves only for Allaah...so that the precious gem that he found will always remain with him...

Beautiful words...worth more than golden ink...

Jazaakil'laahu khayr for sharing

Protected_Diamond
08-01-2007, 11:51 AM
It would be cool if we could act upon it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.