/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Unique way to picture forgiveness

Umm Abdullaah
07-31-2007, 09:13 PM
One rainy afternoon I was driving along one of the main streets of town, taking those extra precautions necessary when the roads are wet and slick.
Suddenly, my daughter, spoke up from her relaxed position in her seat. "Dad, I'm thinking of something."

This announcement usually meant she had been pondering some fact for a while, and was now ready to expound all that her six-year-old mind had discovered. I was eager to hear.
"What are you thinking?" I asked.

“The rain," she began, "is like sin, and the windshield wipers are like Allah wiping our sins away."

After the chill bumps raced up my arms I was able to respond. “That's really good, " Then my curiosity broke in. How far would this little girl take this revelation? So I asked... “Do you notice how the rain keeps on coming? What does that tell you?"

She didn't hesitate one moment with her answer: "We keep on sinning, and Allah just keeps on forgiving us."

I will always remember this whenever I turn my wipers on.

And march forth in the way which leads to forgiveness from your Lord, and for Paradise as wide as are the heavens and the earth, prepared for Al-
Muttaqûn 3 :133

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
7ai_3la_Alsalah
07-31-2007, 11:35 PM
Alsalamu Alikum

Masha'allah, Nice Post, Jazakum Allah Khayra for sharing.

Wassalam

Ibrahim Spinoza
07-31-2007, 11:38 PM
beautiful :)

Star
08-01-2007, 12:07 AM
your daughter is smart, masha'allah...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nadia85
08-01-2007, 09:17 AM
lovely really nice

highway_trekker
08-01-2007, 09:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Star
your daughter is smart, masha'allah...
True Mashaa'Allaah. Jazaakillahu Khayr for sharing :D

shev
08-01-2007, 10:00 AM
children are realy clever. my niece has told her dad ' The world would be meaningless if there weren't people on it. Who would swim in this nice sea. and your beindg doctor wouldn't worth anything if there weren't any human on the world'they are more clever then we gues I think.

S.A.
08-01-2007, 10:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abdullaah
One rainy afternoon I was driving along one of the main streets of town, taking those extra precautions necessary when the roads are wet and slick.
Suddenly, my daughter, spoke up from her relaxed position in her seat. "Dad, I'm thinking of something."

This announcement usually meant she had been pondering some fact for a while, and was now ready to expound all that her six-year-old mind had discovered. I was eager to hear.

“The rain," she began, "is like sin, and the windshield wipers are like Allah wiping our sins away."

After the chill bumps raced up my arms I was able to respond. “That's really good, " Then my curiosity broke in. How far would this little girl take this revelation? So I asked... “Do you notice how the rain keeps on coming? What does that tell you?"

She didn't hesitate one moment with her answer: "We keep on sinning, and Allah just keeps on forgiving us."

And march forth in the way which leads to forgiveness from your Lord, and for Paradise as wide as are the heavens and the earth, prepared for Al-

Mashallah very beautiful

Is this really your story?

princessz
08-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Children really say somethings sometimes... and you wonder when did they get soooo smart. Smart girl indeed:thumbs_up

<nasira>
08-01-2007, 10:30 PM
clever...al keep dat in mind...dya knw der r soo many signs lyk dis jst waitin 2 b discovered...

Salaam
08-02-2007, 12:02 AM
subhan'allah

Intisar
08-02-2007, 06:34 AM
Your daughter is very smart, mashallah.

S.A.
08-02-2007, 07:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abdullaah

Guys, i think its not Umm Abdullah's daughter. She just posted a beautiful story she wanted to share with us. This is because it says in teh second line "Dad, I'm thinking of something."

Umm Abdullaah
08-05-2007, 09:15 PM
wa 'alaykum as-salam wa-rahmatullah

ameen - wa iyyaakum.

No, the girl in the story is of no relation to me. May Allah bless her and her family ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.