/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

XRUHYX
08-01-2007, 09:51 PM
:salamext:

InshaAllah you all are in the best of health and eeman.

I just wondering what would you do if somebody or say if your sis in law (cousins wife) disrespected or TRIED to disrespect your parent (s) just because she said something like you don't care about us or we're nothing to you? I mean would you be able to handle it and keep quiet or would you answer back or maybe you would tell them off in a nice way? What would you do?

I know I wouldnt be able to keep my cools if ANYONE tried to do that to my mum! I mean how dare they!? especially when the parents are meant to be their elder and respectful to them!

Just saw this happen to someone and thought about myself in the situation!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Intisar
08-02-2007, 06:38 AM
:w:

I would tell her not to disrespect my parents because you wouldn't do that to her own parents. There should be mutual respect in the household and your sister in law should show some to your parents. I would tell her that she apart of your family now and that she must respect them. You should also remind her of the fact that they are her elders and she should show them the same respect she would to her own parents.

:w:

Aisha!
08-06-2007, 10:31 PM
same thing i would tell her not to disrespect to

IbnAbdulHakim
08-06-2007, 10:40 PM
i wud gently tell her to not behave in such a way and to pardon any faults she see's

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chaste
08-06-2007, 10:40 PM
well why should u lose ur cool? firstly, find out what the situation is... then reason with both side, the mum and the sister-in-law. coz hey she is an outsider. lastly, if shes suppose to be seen as a daughter she should be forgiven by her in-laws just like the way her parents would do too!

highway_trekker
08-06-2007, 10:43 PM
I suppose it is natural to feel angry when someone says something against your mother. But yes, it does depend on the situation, time, place, how often it has occurred. Maybe there is greater good in remaining silent in the heat of it all and then saying something after.

Sticky situation.

chaste
08-06-2007, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i wud gently tell her to not behave in such a way and to pardon any faults she see's
that is a really good answer. :sl:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!