/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid Disease

highway_trekker
08-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Assalaamu-alaykum

Does anybody know of someone who has the thyroid disease (Hypothyroidism/ Hyperthyroidism)?

I would like some information on how long their diagnosis took and the kind of tell-tale symptoms they experienced before diagnosis, if possible.

Jazaak’Allaahu Khayran in advance

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Intisar
08-06-2007, 08:19 AM
:w:

Actually, my mother has thyroid disease. She's had it for a while now, and she takes pills daily for it. I really don't remember when she first got diagnosed but I first noticed her using it when I was around 11 years of age. Some of the symptoms that she's experienced though were sleeplessness and weight gain. I don't really remember anything else but insha'allah I will ask her more. :)

:sl:

limitless
08-07-2007, 05:04 AM
Salam

Back from a long long long time. :D

My mother has this condition. She first got diagnoised about twenty or more years ago. She was young, but she first had the one where thyriod is working too fast or its grown actually. This was pretty bad it affected her diet and stuff. That was in Saudia Arab and Pakistan. Then she came to Canada and a nucluear medicine was given and some imaging took place. For one year after that, she had no thyroid issues, but then her thyroid became slow opposite of before. And she takes pills to keep it control, she did that before, but her health was not stable. This time it is, but it affects her sleep and diet and weight and mental condition too.

If you need any further information than this, I will be happy to provide it :) Inshallah.

Walli Aliekom As salam

highway_trekker
08-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Jazaak'Allahu khayr for the useful information.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.