mohammed farah
08-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Well is it? is it haram to have one?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
08-06-2007, 10:19 AM
:sl:

I'm not really sure bout that but i found this on IslamQA

Why is it not permissible to stand to salute the flag?

Question:
why dont muslims stand for the flag salute?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Veneration is something that is due only to the Lord, may He be glorified and exalted, and the created being should not humble himself before anyone except the Creator, may He be glorified and exalted. And Allaah knows best.

Hope it helps Inshallah

NoName55
08-06-2007, 10:19 AM
well, (if you have read faq/rules) why do you think it is forbidden to post flags of any nation on this site?

mohammed farah
08-06-2007, 10:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
well, (if you have read faq/rules) why do you think it is forbidden to post flags of any nation on this site?
I've seen flags of palestine as part of a display pic.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
beespreeteam
08-06-2007, 10:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mohammed farah
I've seen flags of palestine as part of a display pic.
me too

NoName55
08-06-2007, 10:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

I'm not really sure bout that but i found this on IslamQA

Why is it not permissible to stand to salute the flag?

Question:
why dont muslims stand for the flag salute?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Veneration is something that is due only to the Lord, may He be glorified and exalted, and the created being should not humble himself before anyone except the Creator, may He be glorified and exalted. And Allaah knows best.

Hope it helps Inshallah
ask him about difference between me saluting Pakistani flag (I have done it countless number of times) and bowing to Allah Ta'ala (I have done it countless number of times too)

edit

also ask him if any Muslim army ever carried a flag during any battle? and what does it mean when the flag falls? did any flag carrier ever had his arm cut off but he did not let The Flag fall and held it in other hand until that was cut off, then he tried to keep it flying using his mouth until he was killed?

Ebtisweetsam
08-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Our Imams in Australia encourage it - but next to the Muslim flag...

Umu 'Isa
08-06-2007, 11:58 AM
I would think so, because it promotes nationalism which is the poison of the ummah. Our flag is the Islamic flag.

Aisha!
08-06-2007, 09:28 PM
maybe a muslim flag?? lol

IbnAbdulHakim
08-06-2007, 09:29 PM
i got a question, wat duz the flag stand for ?

if u like wat it stands for, wave it aroun all day, if u dont..... *keeps quiet*

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.