/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Magic

m102313
08-06-2007, 12:02 PM
:sl:

How do people like Criss Angel and David Blaine do Magic? It has to be real. I heard from someone, that they have jinns with them to help them do their tricks.

And is this even allowed in Islam, because i heard from few sheikh's that Magic is allowed only if it is for entertainment, but if it is for the purpose of harming people or spreading corruption then it is forbidden, like Black Magic or VooDoo.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mo_123
08-06-2007, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by moabubaker

How do people like Criss Angel and David Blaine do Magic? It has to be real. I heard from someone, that they have jinns with them to help them do their tricks.

And is this even allowed in Islam, because i heard from few sheikh's that Magic is allowed only if it is for entertainment, but if it is for the purpose of harming people or spreading corruption then it is forbidden, like Black Magic or VooDoo.

as far as im aware...magic is haraam full stop..
Magic was introduced to mankind via the Angels Harut and marut...

i believe magic is everywhere and is heavily used to influence people

one shud recite Kul Falaq and Aytul kursi for protection against these forms of evil!!

'Abd al-Baari
08-06-2007, 12:07 PM
:sl: bro

This was on www.islamqa.com

Question:
Is every practitioner of magic or witchcraft a kaafir?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The practitioner of magic is the person who uses the shayaateen (devils) and gets close to the jinn by doing the things they like – such as sacrificing to them instead of to Allaah, calling upon them alongside Allaah, obeying them by disobeying Allaah by committing zinaa, drinking wine, eating haraam things, neglecting prayer, covering himself with najaasaat (impure things) and staying in dirty places – until the shayaateen respond to what he asks them, with a gentle and kind approach, to do, such as harming the people against whom he uses his magic, causing division between a man and his wife, telling him some unseen things, and telling him about stolen items and where lost things are. Such a person is a mushrik and a kaafir, because he worships both Allaah and the Shaytaan, which is major shirk (al-shirk al-akbar). So he is a kaafir, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning);

“Sulaymaan did not disbelieve, but the Shayaateen (devils) disbelieved, teaching men magic” [al-Baqarah 2:102]

“but neither of these two (angels) taught anyone (such things) till they had said, ‘We are for trial, so disbelieve not (by learning this magic from us).’” [al-Baqarah 2:102]

It was also commanded that the practitioner of magic should be executed, because of the hadeeth: “The hadd (prescribed punishment) for the practitioner of magic is a blow with the sword (i.e., execution).”

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 1460; al-Daaraqutni, 3/114; al-Haakim, 4/360; al-Bayhaqi, 8/136; see al-Silsilah al-Da’eefah, 3/641, no. 1446)

On this basis, he is a kaafir even if he prays, fasts, reads Qur’aan and makes du’aa’, because shirk cancels out all good deeds. And Allaah knows best.

m102313
08-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Here are some videos if you haven't seen them :

Media Tags are no longer supported

If you wanna see more got to youtube
and type 'Criss Angel' or 'David Blaine'.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
m102313
08-06-2007, 12:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mo_123
as far as im aware...magic is haraam full stop..
Magic was introduced to mankind via the Angels Harut and marut...

i believe magic is everywhere and is heavily used to influence people

one shud recite Kul Falaq and Aytul kursi for protection against these forms of evil!!

Yh i know but that type of magic was harming people, like breaking relationships etc.
what about the type for entertainment (fun)

mo_123
08-06-2007, 12:21 PM

Yh i know but that type of magic was harming people, like breaking relationships etc.
what about the type for entertainment (fun)

using the powers of the jinns and unseen is haraam, for any reason whatso ever

Ummah
08-06-2007, 12:37 PM
the david blaine trick where the money just increased in the cup reminded me of the time we have been warned of where dajjal will say to a widow or orphan "shall i bring your loved one back to life?" and shaytaan will help him make the illusion for the widow/er or orphan that their loved one is back to life. and the widow/er or orphan will than have faith in dajjal and thus lose faith in Allah swt and be cast in hellfire.

no?

are these vids even suitable for this forum? some of them are just sick.

Woodrow
08-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Neither Chris Angel or David Blaine are doing anything a normal everyday person can not do. It is all simply distraction and sleight of hand. No magic involved, just a little expertise in the ability to direct a person's attention away from seeing what is actually being done.

Most "Magic" tricks are really quite mechanical and very simple. The truth is people like to be fooled into believing they have seen something unexplainable happen. Often times when I see the reactions of people at "magic" shows on television, it reminds me so much of the old movies where an explorer gets a primitive tribe to believe he has powers when he produces light from a flashlight. Learn the mechanics and the magic and mystery disappears.

What I have stated is strictly in reference to the showmanship entertainers that call themselves "Magicians".

True magic is a totally different subject.

Here are some explanations for a number of David Blaines Tricks: http://www.goodtricks.net/david-blai...ic-tricks.html

Nearly all if not all of his tricks will be some variation of these.

m102313
08-06-2007, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Neither Chris Angel or David Blaine are doing anything a normal everyday person can not do. It is all simply distraction and sleight of hand. No magic involved, just a little expertise in the ability to direct a person's attention away from seeing what is actually being done.

Most "Magic" tricks are really quite mechanical and very simple. The truth is people like to be fooled into believing they have seen something unexplainable happen. Often times when I see the reactions of people at "magic" shows on television, it reminds me so much of the old movies where an explorer gets a primitive tribe to believe he has powers when he produces light from a flashlight. Learn the mechanics and the magic and mystery disappears.

What I have stated is strictly in reference to the showmanship entertainers that call themselves "Magicians".

True magic is a totally different subject.

Here are some explanations for a number of David Blaines Tricks: http://www.goodtricks.net/david-blai...ic-tricks.html

Nearly all if not all of his tricks will be some variation of these.
Okay i understand most of the tricks are just Illusions, they just play with your brain. But there are some, like when David Blaine tells someone to think of something and he knows what they are thinking of. How would you explain that? , that's not an illusion.

Woodrow
08-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Okay i understand most of the tricks are just Illusions, they just play with your brain. But there are some, like when David Blaine tells someone to think of something and he knows what they are thinking of. How would you explain that? , that's not an illusion.
Quite often that is simple psychological manipulation. Just as a person can be "forced" to select a specific card through the showman's spiel, a persons thoughts can be "forced" to a specific pre selected thought by a carefully selected conversation about a seemingly unrelated topic. do a google search on the topic of card forcing.

Forcing Cards

Often when performing card magic, it is important to make a spectator audience member believe that they have chosen a card by free choice when in fact you have forced a card upon them.
Source: http://www.card-trick.com/sleights/forcing_cards.htm

Stop and think, If Blaine and the other like him actually did have any "Magical" powers, would they need to rely on theatrical presentations to make money? They do the shows to get a paying audience. It seems that a person who had genuine magical powers, would find a much easier way to achieve wealth. If they have true magic powers why do they even have to charge admission for their shows to be seen and why does it take them nearly a week of preparation to set up a show prior to it being viewed?

Muezzin
08-06-2007, 01:23 PM

Nah, not with those guys. Sleight of hand, camera tricks, editing tricks, fake audiences etc...

Smoke and mirrors, as they say.

And as Woodrow said, if someone had actual, literal, magical powers, they wouldn't be wasting their time with magic trick shows, they'd probably be using them to possess people and rob banks. Maybe.

_PakistaN_
09-03-2007, 11:36 PM
bro.. that isnt called majic.. they are called illusions... and they have some videos which u can buy that show u step by step on how to do their tricks!!
and yeah real majic is haraam no matter if used for good or bad.

Salaam
09-03-2007, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
bro.. that isnt called majic.. they are called illusions... and they have some videos which u can buy that show u step by step on how to do their tricks!!
and yeah real majic is haraam no matter if used for good or bad.
doing magic is an act of kufr...

Md Mashud
09-04-2007, 12:13 AM
These 2 guys are not magicians... They do not use Jinn or devil, its basic tricks - most of which are basic - all are explainable.

Science101
09-04-2007, 03:51 AM
I like the one where they make airlines and other large objects disappear. The audience is on a rotating stage. They close the curtain just before it turns, then they open it when the stage is pointing in another direction. Looks like it disappeared, but it's still there.

Isambard
09-04-2007, 04:05 AM
As Woodrow mentioned, these guys arnt practitioners of magik. Neither are those who claim to be mind readers, its just cold readings which are incredibly easy (and amusing) to do
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_re...ing_techniques

There is also warm readings which are done by looking at facial expressions, body language etc. Its actually pretty fun to do with superstitious people :D

As for other forms of magic, such as Wiccan, Voodoo etc. From what Ive seen they rely on either probability and/or placebo effect. The former being nothing really happens, the odds are the same as they wouldve been if you ahd done nothing (ie. having a lucky rabits foot to hlp you at the slots machine) and the latter is simply your own desire/fear toward something effects the outcome, such as giving someone sugarpills and telling them its medicine and that person gets cured. Same applies to hexing something and them being so afraid that they dont pay attention and bad things do occur.

------
09-25-2007, 11:57 AM
:salamext:

Did anyone see when David Blane took his heart out? WHAT ON EARTH was that?!

Isambard
09-25-2007, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Smoke and mirrors

rozeena
09-25-2007, 03:15 PM
i think the jinns help u wen u carry out magic. i remeber wen i was in yr7 1 of my frend tried dis magic fing dt her sis told her n it actuali wrked.bt at dt time v didnt knw it wasnt allowed. bt ws reali scary. n u shud never try it!

Woodrow
09-25-2007, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

In more simpler versions that is a fairly common trick used by Charlatans and frauds.

It is basically slight of hand, distraction and using compressible objects for the organs.

sometimes referred to as psychic surgery. Has been around as a big time medical fraud for a long time.

Psychic "surgery" is big business around the world, but especially in the Philippines and Brazil, where "healers" like Alex Orbito and Laurence Cacteng ply their trade. Tony Agpaoa put psychic "surgery" on the map in Manila, where there are now several hundred practicing psychic "surgeons", many working out of hotels. In 1967, Agpaoa was indicted for fraud in the United States. He jumped bail and went home, forfeiting a $25,000 bond.
source: http://skepdic.com/psurgery.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.