/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Music

mo_123
08-06-2007, 12:14 PM
If music is haraam, how do people justify Qawalli singers who sing of Allah etc?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul-Raouf
08-06-2007, 12:19 PM
here is one hadith related to music...

IbnAbdulHakim
08-06-2007, 01:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mo_123
If music is haraam, how do people justify Qawalli singers who sing of Allah etc?
all four madhaahib (schools of thought) agree that music is haram.

its only people later that try justify it, majority agree its haram.

its funny how the knowledge of music being haram was kept underground for so long.... i was shocked when i found out myself... just as shocked when i found out beard is waajib and not sunnah.

so much people kept hidden, audhubillah

mo_123
08-06-2007, 01:55 PM
how do qawalli singers justify themselves then?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
08-06-2007, 02:00 PM
^ i dunno, i really dont. if u research on it then wind/string instruments are clearly clearly undoubtedly haram.

jus do some research bro, Allahs made it easy for us Alhamdulillah. if u cant find something u trust then search for that pious teacher and ask him inshaAllah but MAKE SURE his pious, watch his life etc before taking information for him inshaAllah...

lastly the companions advised us to only follow the pious of the past. and the best generation to follow is the sahaba and then the 2 or three generations afta them.

bro be sincere and u'll find the answer inshaAllah

mo_123
08-06-2007, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ i dunno, i really dont. if u research on it then wind/string instruments are clearly clearly undoubtedly haram.

jus do some research bro, Allahs made it easy for us Alhamdulillah. if u cant find something u trust then search for that pious teacher and ask him inshaAllah but MAKE SURE his pious, watch his life etc before taking information for him inshaAllah...

lastly the companions advised us to only follow the pious of the past. and the best generation to follow is the sahaba and then the 2 or three generations afta them.

bro be sincere and u'll find the answer inshaAllah
my dream of the crucifix....which i had....a local mufti interpreaterd it as "i will be guided by sumone pious"

anyways Allah knows best!

i went to a wedding recently and they had qawalli singers...i just though to myself this is very WRONG!!

czgibson
08-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Greetings,

Music is definitely haraam in mainstream Islam. I think the Qawwali singers are Sufis, aren't they?

This hadith below strikes me as very strange. Is it meant to be taken literally, do you think? People in many places listen to female singers and musical instruments and drink wine all the time, but I've never seen any of them turn into pigs and monkeys and get pelted with stones...

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
here is one hadith related to music...

Peace

IbnAbdulHakim
08-06-2007, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mo_123
i went to a wedding recently and they had qawalli singers...i just though to myself this is very WRONG!!
respect ! :)

Aisha!
08-06-2007, 10:29 PM
music is haraam cept for nasheed and naats

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.