/* */

PDA

View Full Version : pakistan day

welcome_islam
08-06-2007, 04:28 PM
wat r people going 2 do on the 14 august 2007?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
leader
08-06-2007, 04:36 PM
suma to do wiw pakistan lol

xXxLeaderxXx

welcome_islam
08-06-2007, 04:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by leader
suma to do wiw pakistan lol

xXxLeaderxXx
i mean, r u going 2 a party, do naats in mosque? how r u going 2 celebrate?

Pk_#2
08-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Do nothing, what's there to celebrate?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Haidar_Abbas
08-06-2007, 06:36 PM

ISLAM AOR PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!!! :sl:

Pk_#2
08-06-2007, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haidar_Abbas
ISLAM ZINDABAD!!! :sl:
:thumbs_up

highway_trekker
08-06-2007, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
Do nothing, what's there to celebrate?
LOL:D

leader
08-06-2007, 11:27 PM
buh wah is there to celebrate??

xXxLeaderxXx

welcome_islam
08-07-2007, 11:23 AM

yh!!!!

Ebtisweetsam
08-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Thats like saying what am i gonna do for Australia Day? Nothing!:D

welcome_islam
08-07-2007, 11:29 AM
we celebrate on the 14 august because that was the day that pakistan came Independence.
Peopl don't realize the blood, sweat and tears, literally, that it took to bring about the country's establishment. By holding an August 14th Pakistan Family Day in your home, you can share the struggle of these Muslims', in most cases your parents and/or grandparents, who made the trek from India to Pakistan.

rozeena
08-07-2007, 11:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by welcome_islam
we celebrate on the 14 august because that was the day that pakistan came Independence.
Peopl don't realize the blood, sweat and tears, literally, that it took to bring about the country's establishment. By holding an August 14th Pakistan Family Day in your home, you can share the struggle of these Muslims', in most cases your parents and/or grandparents, who made the trek from India to Pakistan.
i fink ders gona b sum mela fing in london n my dad probli go der. wt u doin?

welcome_islam
08-07-2007, 11:40 AM
i'm going to have a party and ask me family to come around and then my dad and brother going 2 majid and do naats.

Ebtisweetsam
08-07-2007, 11:58 AM
So i guess thats like saying we're gonna celebrate Migration week?
Our parents and ancestors poured their guts out to come to Australia- doesnt mean we celebrate that day!

welcome_islam
08-07-2007, 12:02 PM
but we are talking about pakistan not Australia.

SATalha
08-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Not much to celebrate......in the current state that Pakistan is.......the dream that was.......never realy materialised

Ebtisweetsam
08-07-2007, 12:10 PM
but we are talking about pakistan not Australia.
So what, arent we talking about one Islam? The Prophet had two celebrations only Eid Al-Adha and Eid Al-Fitr

Salaam
08-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Celebrate what? I thought celebrating nationalism is haram.

format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
i fink ders gona b sum mela fing in london n my dad probli go der. wt u doin?
going to the Mela, Astagfirullah.

welcome_islam
08-07-2007, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
So what, arent we talking about one Islam? The Prophet had two celebrations only Eid Al-Adha and Eid Al-Fitr
no not them, the day is on 14 august 2007

Salaam
08-07-2007, 12:13 PM
what next??? British Day

welcome_islam
08-07-2007, 12:14 PM
sorry people i dont meant to be rude, i only wondering if ur going to do any on that day thats all.

Ebtisweetsam
08-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Australians all let us rejoice for we are young and free........

Subhanallah, what have we come to in this day and age????^o)

rozeena
08-07-2007, 12:22 PM
i'm going to have a party and ask me family to come around and then my dad and brother going 2 majid and do naats.
aww dats nice, i dont fink we're goin to do much, apart 4m my dad n uncles wholl go 2dat thing in london. i rememba wen v were little me n my little sis use to make pak flags n sing dil dil pakistan reali funi wen fink bout it nw lol

welcome_islam
08-07-2007, 01:18 PM
aww dats nice, i dont fink we're goin to do much, apart 4m my dad n uncles wholl go 2dat thing in london. i rememba wen v were little me n my little sis use to make pak flags n sing dil dil pakistan reali funi wen fink bout it nw lol
that is nice.

Neelam92
08-07-2007, 04:08 PM
lol u lot r funny
heheheh
well i normally dont do anything on the 14th august i will probably just stay at home and watch tv...lol i know im lazy hehehe
acually im not that lazy lol

errrmmm but they do put good shows on tv about pakistan but i normally just watch it with my mum

But to tell u the truth its not like u will get anything out of partying!

take care all
salaam
neelam
paki4eva

sabah
08-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Theres an actual pakistani day lol wow, you learn somethink new everyday!! Happy Pakistani Day, to all the pakistanis!!!. ( 4 the 14th) :D

Neelam92
08-07-2007, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabah
Theres an actual pakistani day lol wow, you learn somethink new everyday!! Happy Pakistani Day, to all the pakistanis!!!. ( 4 the 14th) :D
yeh thanks lol :)

welcome_islam
08-07-2007, 05:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabah
thanx!!

Muhammad
08-07-2007, 11:18 PM
:sl:

It's very important to understand the concept of nationalism in Islam and what we are permitted to celebrate. Please have a look at the following quote and links as they contain useful information on these issues. They have been taken from this thread: http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...nce-day-2.html

format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Assalamu alaikum

Question :

Some of my colleagues have started having discussions on the topic of nationality in islam. I am, therefore, putting the following questions before you.
Please be kind enough to reply them in the light of shariah.

1- Talking about an independent country in the world where Muslims are in majority, if they celebrate the independence day then what is the status of this celebrations according to Islamic Shariah ?

2-Is it Asabiyah ? or Jahilia ? or Haram?

3- Whats the true definition of Asabiyah according to our Shariat?

4- As a Muslim how should we feel about the land/Country where we are born and brought up and get education and job ? Can we have feelings of love with this land? Does it means Asabiyah ? Can we have national celebrations which does not contradicts with Islamic teachings? What types of national celebrations are prohibited and which types of them are allowed ??

5- How about using the passport of a country if attachment and affiliation with any country is considered as Jahilia and Asabiyah ??

6- What examples are present in history of Sahaba (R.A) the Companions of PROPHET HAZRAT MUHAMMAD (PBUH) regarding the love of their land where they lived?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

It is not permissible to celebrate independence day or any similar occasions, because that entails imitation of the kuffaar. From another angle it is also a kind of innovation. So these celebrations combine sin and bid’ah (innovation).

Ibn al-Qayyim said:

The word Eid is used to refer to something that is repeated, in the sense of both place and time. With regard to time, this is like saying the Day of ‘Arafah, the day of Sacrifice and the days of Mina are Eids for us Muslims. This was narrated by Abu Dawood and others. With regard to place, this is like the report narrated by Abu Dawood in his Sunan, that a man said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I have vowed to sacrifice a camel in Bawaanah.” He said, “Is there one of the idols of the mushrikeen there, or one of their places of festivity?” He said, “No.” He said, “Then fulfil your vow.” And he said, “Do not take my grave as a place of festivity (which you visit repeatedly).”

The word Eid is taken from the same root as the words mu’aawadah (repeating) and i’tiyaad (doing a thing repeatedly). If it refers to a place, then it means a place where people gather regularly for the purpose of worship or other purposes, as Allaah made al-Masjid al-Haraam [the Sacred Mosque, in Makkah], Mina, Muzdalifah, ‘Arafah and al-Mashaa’ir places of gathering and worship for those who believed in Him alone, and a focal point, and as He made the days of worshipping in those places an Eid. The mushrikeen had Eids in the sense of time and place (gathering in certain places on certain days), but when Islam came it abolished them and replaced them for the monotheists with Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha and the days of Mina. And it replaced the places where they used to gather for festivals with the Ka’bah, the Sacred House, and ‘Arafah, Mina and al-Mashaa’ir.

Ighaathat al-Lahfaan, 1/190

One of the things that is forbidden for Muslims is to imitate the kuffaar, especially with regard to their festivals. This issue of festivals and innovated celebrations is one of the things that the Muslims became most careless about after the best generations. Many of them hastened to imitate other nations in their festivals and celebrations. Some of them introduced the innovation of celebrating the Prophet’s birthday, and celebrating the night of the Isra’ and Mi’raaj (Prophet’s night journey and ascent into heaven), and these national festivals which are increasing day after day among the Muslims.

We have quoted in our answer to question no. 10070 a fatwa from the Standing Committee concerning national holidays and other celebrations. Please refer to this fatwa.

Secondly:

These forbidden and innovated celebrations stir up tribalism and racism, and imply approval of what the colonialists did by dividing the Muslims’ land and making it into scattered states and peoples.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allaah is that (believer) who has At‑Taqwa [i.e. he is one of the Muttaqoon (the pious)]. Verily, Allaah is All‑Knowing, All‑Aware”
[al-Hujuraat 49:13]

Allaah created Adam and Hawwa’ [Eve], and made their offspring into peoples, tribes, races and colours. All people come from Adam and Hawwa’, and no colour or race is superior to another. Rather all of them are equal before Allaah with regard to their origins, and the one who fears his Lord the most is the best and most honourable before Allaah.

However people split after this into nations, countries and races, is only like the splitting of a single family, brothers from one father and one mother.

This ‘asabiyyah (tribalism) that is appearing nowadays in most countries, where people form factions on the basis of race, colour or homeland, is akin to the ancient tribalism that existed between the tribes of Aws and Khazraj; it is one of the leftovers of jaahiliyyah [ignorance].

There had been many wars between Aws and Khazraj during the Jaahiliyyah, with a great deal of enmity and hatred, and intense fighting, until Islam came and they entered therein, and became brothers by the grace of Allaah.

After Islam had set their affairs straight and they had become united, a Jewish man passed by a gathering of Aws and Khazraj, and he was bothered by their friendship and unity. So he sent a man who was with him to sit amongst them and remind them of the wars that used to be waged between them. He did that and kept doing it until they were provoked and became angry with one another, and they got riled up and started shouting their slogans and calling for their weapons, and threatening to go out to the Harrah (a place in Madeenah) to fight. News of this reached the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so he came to them and started to calm them down, and said, “Are you issuing the calls of the jaahiliyyah when I am still among you?” Then he recited to them the following verse (Interpretation of the meaning):

“And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allaah (i.e. this Qur’aan), and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allaah’s Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islamic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allaah makes His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided”

[Aal ‘Imraan 3:103]

When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) recited this verse to them, they regretted what they had done, and they reconciled and put aside their weapons.

Fourthly:

Islam does not forbid a Muslim to love his homeland or the country in which he lives or grew up. What is reprehensible is basing one’s feelings of loyalty and disavowal on that, and loving and hating on that basis. A person who belongs to the same country as you is not closer to you than a Muslim from another land, and the reason for your loving or hating others should not be whether or not they come from the same country as you. Rather loyalty and disavowal, or love and hatred, should all be based on Islam and piety.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to love Makkah because it was the most beloved land to Allaah, but he did not love the kaafirs who lived there, rather he fought them because they fought against Islam and killed Muslims. Neither he nor his companions ever gave precedence to their love of Makkah over the laws of Allaah, so when Allaah forbade those who had migrated from Makkah to go back to it, except for Hajj and three days after it, they adhered to that and did not stay there for longer than that period. Their love for Makkah did not make them disobey Allaah, let alone do anything that was worse than that.

Today you see that tribalism and devotion to one's country has gone to such extremes that places of shirk are venerated just because they are in one’s country; the flag is venerated because it represents the country, so the people stand and salute it with a reverence that is absent in their prayers when they stand before their Lord.

Fifthly:

Using passports is not regarded as a kind of ‘asabiyyah (tribalism) or jaahiliyyah (ignorance) because the purpose is simply to identify a person and the country of which he is a citizen. If it so happens that some people use them for the purpose of boasting and acting superior to others, or to express tribalistic pride in his country, this is something blameworthy.

Sixthly:

We have mentioned that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) loved Makkah and that he gave precedence to obeying his Lord over his love for Makkah.

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to Makkah, “What a good land you are, and how dear you are to me. Were it not that my people drove me out from you, I would never have lived anywhere else.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3926; classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi and by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 5536.

You can also find similar stories of the Sahaabah and those who came after them, by reading their biographies. It seems that the love of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the Sahaabah for Makkah was because it was the most beloved land to Allaah, as it says in another report narrated by al-Tirmidhi, no. 3925: “You are the best land of Allaah and the most beloved of the land of Allaah to Allaah.” Classed as saheeh by Ibn Hajar.

But the natural love that a person feels for the place where he grew up is something that is not regarded as blameworthy by sharee’ah, so long as that does not distract you from acts of worship and obedience which are more important. Hence we see that the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them), Muhaajireen and Ansaar alike, left their homelands and went out to other lands, spreading the call of Islam throughout other countries. They went out for purposes that were nobler than their attachment to land and buildings.

And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

Muslim Holidays

Family gatherings on the Prophet’s birthday and ‘Ashoora’

Ruling on joining in the kaafir festivals

Ruling on celebrating non-Muslim holidays and congratulating them

Attending the festivals of the mushrikeen and congratulating them

rozeena
08-08-2007, 07:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam
Celebrate what? I thought celebrating nationalism is haram.

going to the Mela, Astagfirullah.
i didnt know it was haram 2go to melas??? y is dat bro? no1s reali sed it 2 me b4, so jus askin.also is it also haram 2go 2 women onli mela? is it cus der mixed or wat?

Salaam
08-08-2007, 11:49 AM
i didnt know it was haram 2go to melas??? y is dat bro? no1s reali sed it 2 me b4, so jus askin.also is it also haram 2go 2 women onli mela? is it cus der mixed or wat?
As you should know by now that celebrating nationalism is not allowed in Islam. theres only 2 days that we muslims should celebrate which is the two Eid's. So all the mela's are celebrating nationalism of one country or another so going to them will not be permissible. And within these mela's there is even greater evil like music, dancing, drinking of alcohol freefixing and etc. but if there is a event where it is only for women and non of the above mentioned will be present at the event, then ia it should be ok to attend that event.

Allahu Allam (Allah Know Best)

NoName55
08-08-2007, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by leader
buh wah is there to celebrate??

xXxLeaderxXx
ask Palestinian,kashmiri, chechan, gujaratis and many others what happens when Muslim has no homeland!!

then you may or may not see "wah is there to celebrate?"

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-08-2007, 11:58 AM
we can make dua for the country and it's people and all those lives lost in the war.

welcome_islam
08-08-2007, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
ask Palestinian,kashmiri, chechan, gujaratis and many others what happens when Muslim has no homeland!!

then you may or may not see "wah is there to celebrate?"
well said !!

Ummah
08-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Asalaamualaikum

i cant stand it when stupid people hire out cars and wave pakistan/bangladesh flags around with INDIAN music blaring, whistling at girls and causing mayhem literally. because of people like that places like wilmslow road are blocked off during eid and pakistan independance day, ignorant people ruin everyting for everyone else!

What kind of image are they giving of pakistan by doing that anyway. and celebrating 14th of august, on that day, means nothing!

u cant just wave a flag around and throw a party.. especially when you're not even IN pakistan! ... If you love pakistan so much, show your celebration of its independance by putting something back into the country, like donating to its medical and educational facilities, its orphan and homeless shelters, donating to natural disaster crisis that are ongoing there..
maybe attend/hold an event regarding pakistan's development, and how pakistanis should represent themselves in foreign countries such as britain.. coz believe me some of us really need to learn about this!

get realll peopleeeeeeeeeeee!

some people just need any excuse to have a party honestly!

welcome_islam
08-08-2007, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummah
Asalaamualaikum

i cant stand it when stupid people hire out cars and wave pakistan/bangladesh flags around with INDIAN music blaring, whistling at girls and causing mayhem literally. because of people like that places like wilmslow road are blocked off during eid and pakistan independance day, ignorant people ruin everyting for everyone else!

What kind of image are they giving of pakistan by doing that anyway. and celebrating 14th of august, on that day, means nothing!

u cant just wave a flag around and throw a party.. especially when you're not even IN pakistan! ... If you love pakistan so much, show your celebration of its independance by putting something back into the country, like donating to its medical and educational facilities, its orphan and homeless shelters, donating to natural disaster crisis that are ongoing there..
maybe attend/hold an event regarding pakistan's development, and how pakistanis should represent themselves in foreign countries such as britain.. coz believe me some of us really need to learn about this!

get realll peopleeeeeeeeeeee!

some people just need any excuse to have a party honestly!

same here. i hate when people do that. people in mecca do that. my brother and my father went to umrah and it was a football match. This was medina. everyone(except my dad and brother) was in their cars and flags with the music up so loud. it was very dangerous driving.

snakelegs
08-08-2007, 06:16 PM
there is going to be a mela in los angeles. i wish i could go.
anyway, happy 60th birthday (bit early)!

3isha
08-10-2007, 04:26 PM

i am confused:hmm:
islam aur pakistan , yeh keyseh bhai???:?
u tryin to say pakistan is an islamic state, well is that was it;s purpose BUT muslims in pakistan r being oppressed still, today so how shoud that be celebrated, :? :hmm:

3isha
08-10-2007, 04:32 PM
but it;s too early to do that as muslims in Pakistan r still bleeding to death today by fellow pakistanis, so there ai;nt much to celebrate,
Pakistan seperated from India coz of Islam but i do'nt realize wo't so islamic in Pakistan,

NoName55
08-10-2007, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3isha
but it;s too early to do that as muslims in Pakistan r still bleeding to death today by fellow pakistanis, so there ai;nt much to celebrate,
Pakistan seperated from India coz of Islam but i do'nt realize wo't so islamic in Pakistan,
why not let us "un-Islamic" pakistanis be?

how about not getting lynched for slauhtering a cow for meat?
how about not waking up to find that some hindu has or is going to turn your Masjid in to a kafir temple?

bint_khalid
08-10-2007, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
So i guess thats like saying we're gonna celebrate Migration week?
Our parents and ancestors poured their guts out to come to Australia- doesnt mean we celebrate that day!
exactly. this is ridiculous....there is nothing to celebrate. i only celebrate on both eids

3isha
08-10-2007, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
^^ the only oppression I have seen is by ignorant moolahs of even more ignorant populace.

The only organization that is anyway near being Islamic is the Armed forces.

The only propogators of bribery and corruption I have seen are who have feet both in Pakistan and overseas, who come home with their filthy lucre and tempt our impovrished people becuase the scumbags do not want to wait for anything.
the thing i'm tryin to say is that there is no islam in pakistan ,so the thing u r celebratin 4 has no purpose

Talha777
08-11-2007, 02:37 AM
The creation of Pakistan was definitely a great victory for the Muslims. We should not forget the millions of Muslims who sealed the border of Pakistan with their blood. We should not render their great sacrifices in vain. Pakistan was created for Muslims as an Islamic state, to stand by the principles of the Holy Quran and the Shariat. In the words of the founder, Qaid-e-Azam:

"Everyone, except those who are ignorant, knows that the Qur’an is the general code of the Muslims. A religious, social, civil, commercial, military, judicial, criminal, penal code; it regulates everything from the ceremonies of religion to those of daily life."

and

"What is that keeps the Muslims united, and what is the bedrock and sheet-anchor of the community? It is Islam. It is the Great Book, Qur’an, that is the sheet-anchor of Muslim India. I am sure that as we go on and on there will be more and more of oneness _ one God, one Book, one Prophet and one Nation."

and

"It is my belief that our salvation lies in following the golden rules of conduct set for us by our great law giver, the Prophet of Islam. Let us lay the foundations of our democracy on the basis of truly Islamic ideals and principles. Our Almighty has taught us that our decisions in the affairs of the State shall be guided by discussions and consultations."

And obviously the Qaid knew his Holy Quran well, because it does say:

Those who hearken to their Lord, and establish regular Prayer; who (conduct) their affairs by mutual consultation; who spend out of what We bestow on them for Sustenance (42:38)

Those who say that the Qaid-e-Azam was a secularist, the mustafa kemal of india, etc., are clearly wrong. Qaid-e-Azam believed that the Holy Quran is the standard, the bedrock of Muslims in every aspect of their lives, including government. Unfortunately, once Pakistan became a reality, he died just over a year and the original idealogy of the country was high-jacked by feudal interests which had little regard for the social justice promoted by Islam.

snakelegs
08-11-2007, 08:08 AM
you can't help but wonder how pakistan would have evolved if the qaid hadn't died so soon.
i am not sure that he envisioned a nation under shariah, or a nation where muslims (and others) could be free to practice their religions, and where no law could be made that went against islam.
i think there is still debate on this issue.

Muhammad
08-11-2007, 04:35 PM
:sl:

I believe this thread has reached the end of its course - please refer back to my post for more information regarding celebrations in Islam: http://www.islamicboard.com/803688-post29.html

Please also remember that disrespect to other members is totally unacceptable and warnings will be given for such behaviour.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.