/* */

PDA

View Full Version : nokia n95 wlan

IbnAbdulHakim
08-06-2007, 09:12 PM
i've been tryin to get it to work for 3 hours now!!!

it keeps sayin "no gateway reply" when i try check my email (internet dont work at all)

quite close to grabbing the baseball bat here...

can anyone plz helP :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
08-06-2007, 09:17 PM
google shux :(

Salaam
08-06-2007, 09:23 PM
try reading the user manual, and how r u try to access the internet?

IbnAbdulHakim
08-06-2007, 09:25 PM
im basically puttin in the WEP key, and it gets accepted , it says connected and then when i try connect to hotmail or google or netihn it says "gateway rejected"

if i didnt hav a prayer cap on i'd prob start pullin my hair ;o

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aisha!
08-06-2007, 09:26 PM
internet may be down by the provider

IbnAbdulHakim
08-06-2007, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha!
internet may be down by the provider
lol but im using it right now on the comp, its the same internet, just shared via router

Salaam
08-06-2007, 09:27 PM
so does it connect to any other websites?

IbnAbdulHakim
08-06-2007, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam
so does it connect to any other websites?
nah bro, i had a look thru the manual, lol it sed everythin i alredy tried, i wud call customer service but i kno for a fact that wont help.

*sighs* if ne1 had any problems like this inshaAllah plz do help

bro salam, jazakAllah for tryin APPRECIATED :)

Salaam
08-06-2007, 09:33 PM
dont worry, if i had that phone probably i would of been more helpful, try going to online forums which deal with the problems.

Far7an
08-06-2007, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
google shux :(
Oh come on bro! Don't lose hope!

Here you go:

One of the different consequences that I suffered from last week, while I lost my Internent connection for several days, was the fact that when I got everything back to a normal status I could no longer connect my Nokia N95 to the Wi-Fi network. I tried everything I could think of and nothing. It wouldn't connect. I talked to a whole bunch of folks and most of them advised me that it might have been a problem of incompatibility between the N95 and my new wireless router, so was kindly asked to check that out with my Internet provider
However, before spending some time doing that, I thought I would check things out through our good friend Google and see if folks were having the same problems as myself with that nasty error message: "No Gateway Reply". And lo and behold plenty of folks have been having similar issues to the ones I was experiencing. Very nice! Things were looking good!
Unfortunately, none of the solutions offered in the various forums, I tried them all, did the trick for me. A bit disappointing, seeing how many folks have encountered a similar problem in the past. Was starting to get a bit frustrated as well, thinking that I was not going to get the N95 to work again with the new router.
Then, all of a sudden, I remembered something that really did the trick for me. And, like usual, it was a rather simple solution. Yes, indeed, simple things work the best, don't they? In this case it was a problem with the WEP key that I was using for my wireless router and which my N95 apparently accepted in the first place, but still didn't allow me to connect to it.
That is right, to fix the "No Gateway Reply" error on the N95 I just needed to change the WEP encryption key from the 13 alphanumeric combination that the router came with by default to a string of 26 Hexadecimal (Hex) characters (0-9 and A-F). And voilá! Problem fixed! I can now browse again the Web with the N95 in the same protected environment I was having before the router crash. Way cool!
And, of course, since I couldn't find this other solution to such error, I decided to blog about it, hoping that those folks who may be searching for this problem are able to find another solution to the problem, apart from the ones that other people have been suggesting all along.
Time now to continue experimenting with that fascinating world that Mobile 2.0 really is ...
Thanks to Google.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-06-2007, 09:40 PM
^ lol ye i saw that b4, but bro i dont kno how to turn my 10 digit WEP key into a 26 digit one, i was lost there, jazakAllah khair tho :)

H4RUN
08-06-2007, 09:45 PM
:sl:

Sell the phone, they freeze way too much....

Hey man i'm looking for a cheap phone, got any for the brother?
:playing:
:w:

Salaam
08-06-2007, 09:46 PM
go to your browers and enter 192.168.0.1, then enter your username and password, then you can look around on how to change that. another thing that you can try is to turn of your WEP.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-06-2007, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Login to your router settings...might be able to change it from there?
ye i tried that lol... i dont wanna mess around wiv the .ini file just incase it results in my getting flykicked by my bro.

i might jus ask my bro to take this headache and sort it out 4 me :p

IbnAbdulHakim
08-06-2007, 09:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam
go to your browers and enter 192.168.0.1, then enter your username and password, then you can look around on how to change that. another thing that you can try is to turn of your WEP.
jazakAllah khair bro i just tried it but didnt work lol,

inshaAllah i'll figure it out

i feel guilty for making you all put effort into it, i'll find a way, i appreciate all the help :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.