/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it a myth or a fact?

fahmeena
08-07-2007, 12:04 PM
My father has been going through a few problems recently. Well I should say over a period of 2 years. In 2005 I got into an accident and then the roof of his house collapsed because of heavy rain and recently he got into an accident. The result for all three incidents was satisfactory. I bought a new car, the house was rebuilt with a better roof and he bought himself a new car. My mother doesnt know how to drive but she works. She has to hitch a ride with either my uncle or myself all the time because my father works during those hours. I will not be around anymore since I will be moving to the city which is quite a hassle to come back to the suburbs where my parents live. I am trying to teach my mother how to drive so she doesnt depend on anyone to get to work and for other various reasons but my dad thinks that we are going through some harsh times therefore he wouldnt let her learn. He had mentioned this to me about an year ago so i listened to him initially and let it be. Yesterday i took her out thinking everything should be ok by now but he got really mad at me and her and asked me to stop taking her out. I understand that he thinks Allah (SWT) might not be pleased with him but does that mean that he should ask my mom not to learn how to drive? I just dont understand what driving and learning has to do with anything else.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ebtisweetsam
08-07-2007, 01:13 PM
:sl: Ur parents may be going through problems they may not want you to know about.

It is known that we should be patient on our elders for these exact reasons : they snap at something we feel is small.

Ur father could be worried ur mother may have too much independance and not need his help in other affairs of his life anymore?

Many thoughts could be going through his mind that he may feel he cant discuss with you.

My opinion is leave you father to work it out with your mother because you really dont want to take sides for something like this.
:w:

fahmeena
08-07-2007, 08:36 PM
:sl: Thank you for your help. I didnt think about that. But i am still questioning whether it would make sense (islamically) to not drive just because you think you are going through a rough time. I mean is that the right way of thinking. Does our religion tell us to stop doing important activities if you are going through a rough time in your life?

IbnAbdulHakim
08-09-2007, 03:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fahmeena
:sl: Thank you for your help. I didnt think about that. But i am still questioning whether it would make sense (islamically) to not drive just because you think you are going through a rough time. I mean is that the right way of thinking. Does our religion tell us to stop doing important activities if you are going through a rough time in your life?

sis this is one of those problems where we cant give any advice unless we hear all sides of the story and come to a full understanding.

sis get an arbitrator, sit down with everyone n try to come to an understanding.

from what i understand it is NOT haram for a woman to drive, Allahu a'lam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chaste
08-09-2007, 11:08 PM
hopefully if Allah wills they will come to a reasoning

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.