/* */

PDA

View Full Version : UK trying to release 5 Guantanamo prisoners.

ISLAMASWEENEY
08-07-2007, 01:12 PM
The Uk goverment has requested the release of five British residents from US custody at Guantanamo Bay the men are not British citizens but lived in the UK before they were detained by the US the request is a change of policy for the goverment which had previously said it could not intercede for non British citizens the five legends are Shaker Abdur Raheem Aamer,Jamil el Banna,Omar Deghayes,Binyam Mohammed Al Habashi and Abdulnor Sameur. i want views on American torture and how digraceful it is and canthese innocent men be freed?:Evil:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
08-08-2007, 02:19 PM
It's best to link to a particular news story, like this link, which is about the subject.

That way everyone knows what you're talking about. Just for future reference.

Cognescenti
08-08-2007, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ISLAMASWEENEY
The Uk goverment has requested the release of five British residents from US custody at Guantanamo Bay the men are not British citizens but lived in the UK before they were detained by the US the request is a change of policy for the goverment which had previously said it could not intercede for non British citizens the five legends are Shaker Abdur Raheem Aamer,Jamil el Banna,Omar Deghayes,Binyam Mohammed Al Habashi and Abdulnor Sameur. i want views on American torture and how digraceful it is and canthese innocent men be freed?:Evil:
Hmmm. I guess someone is having trouble with objectivity?

Why are these guys "legends"? Basketball? Or maybe the "saw off the head of a prostrate and bound victim time trials"?

Here is a bit from Muzzein's link:

Mr Deghayes’s lawyers say that he was visited in Guantanamo by Libyan intelligence officials who threatened him with torture if he was returned to Tripoli rather than Britain. One is reported to have said: “You will be brought to judgment in Libya. When we bring you to Libya, I will personally teach you the meaning of this.”

Now, honestly, does anyone really believe that Lybian intelligence agents are operating at Guantanamo? It is patently ridiculous. Come on. Don't be shy. Please tell the assembled masses why this guy should be believed with a story like that. If that doesn't work perhaps he couls argue he was transported to Afghanistan by alien spacecraft.

Here is a bit on the Ethiopian:

Mr Mohammed, 28, is an Ethiopian citizen who lived in North Kensington in London for seven years from 1994 to 2001. He has indefinite leave to remain in Britain and has family living in the United States.

Mr Mohammed converted to Islam while living in London and was persuaded by people he met at a mosque to visit Afghanistan. He was there when the USled invasion occurred and fled to Pakistan where he was arrested while trying to return to Britain using a false passport.

Doesn't that at least arouse some suspicion? "Visiting" Afghanistan? :) Did he go to visit the beautiful Buddhist statues? The poppy harvest? False passport? What is up with that? In the middle of the worldwide alert for terror he feels the need to use a false passport even though he has permission form the UK to return???? The guy is an Al Quaeda dream date. A non-Arab with a passport from a non-ME country and a visa to live in the UK. Mr. Mohammed, come here please and let us measure your vest size.

Mr Aamer, 40, is a Saudi citizen who lived in Britain, where he has leave to remain, since 1996.

In 2001 he travelled to Taleban-controlled Afghanistan. He said that he went there to do charity work at a school. He is reported to have been captured by the Northern Alliance faction and “sold” to the Americans for $5,000 (£2,500).

That, at least, is plausible, the Northern Alliance part, though I doubt he would have been "bought" as a quid pro quo as that would have invited flase arrests. Still the Northern Alliance might have been rewarded indirectly for prisoners.

The "charity work" business?? I don't know about that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.