/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Intentions

gladTidings
08-07-2007, 03:26 PM
:sl:

"Actions are (judged) by motives (niyyah), so each man will have what he intended."

Sahih Bukhari and Muslim
I hope you are all in the best of health and imaan. Alhamdullilah it is great to see young people everywhere contributing in their own ways to build up and strengthen the Muslim community, to improve their own characteristics and guide others. All with the ultimate intention to please Allah swt.

I, myself intend to make every action to please Allah swt. And although I may begin an action with this aspiration, I often find my intention is somewhat easily sidetracked. I find myself repeatedly questioning my intention.

I was wondering if others find themselves in this situation and how often? How do you keep yourself focused throughout your actions to please Allah swt?

I found a really nice article I’d like to share:
Purification of the Soul-The nature of intention.
http://www.jannah.org/articles/purific2.html

Ws.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Saddiqa
08-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Salaam Sis!

Interesting article! :thumbs_up :) I agree it is important to renew intentions all the time.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.