/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "Muslims discuss Christianity amongst other Muslims?"

believer
08-06-2007, 11:35 AM
As a former Catholic and born-again Christian... during the years before I have embraced Islam... I came to realize that the letters of Paul to the Romans, the Corinthians and etc... are not to be taken seriously.

One of the misleading ideologies he is preaching is that Love is never Jealous. - the reason this idea needs to be planted in our minds is so that to prepare the Christians for a much bigger sin.

To believed Paul about the Idea of LOVE being unjealous... is to believe that God is not a jealous GOD. - therefore - it will justify our Shirk practices... therefore - it will be guilt-free to believe the concept of Holy Trinity... making us unaware of one of the greatest sins which is unforgiveable by Allah (SWT).

We can sin all we want and repent later on... even if our sins is as many as the foam of the seas - Allah ir Rahman ir Raheem (Most Gracious, Most Merciful Allah) will forgive us... unless - and except the sin of SHIRK.

SHIRK - by definition is the practice of Associating others or partners or intercessors with Allah.

Old Testament #1. commandment (Torah): Thou shallt have no other GODS before Me.

New Testament (Bible): the greatest commandment: "Love God above all"

Final Testament (Qur'an): "There is no other God but Allah ALONE!"

And the touchstone of theology is the 1st Chapter in the Qur'an: Surrah Al Fatihah...

1. "In the name of Allah - most Gracious - most Merciful;
2. All praise is due to Allah - Lord of the worlds!;
3. The Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful;
4. Sovereign of the Day of Recompense;
5. It is You we worship, You we ask for help;
6. Guide us to the straight path;
7. The path of those whom You have bestowed favor, not of those who have evoked Your anger or those who are astray."

If you need to check if you are not straying away from Gods' commandment... then - see if your concepts fit under the 7 criterias above stated... in Surrah Al Fatihah - the opening of the Quran.

Another short Surrah which is actually the summary of 1/3 of the Holy Quran is the Surrah Al-Iklas...

This is a strong criteria of establishing pureness of your faith as believers of God Almighty.

Surrah Al-Iklas:

Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem!

1. Say; HE is ALLAH, ONE!
2. Allah; the Eternal Refuge!
3. He Neither BEGETS Nor is BORN!
4. Nor is there Any to HIM Any Equivalent!

Check again if your Roman-implanted subliminal ideas and concepts about God fits in this above stated Criteria - as mentioned by Allah himself.

The concept of Trinity is a Man-made concept inspired by Satan... it looks and sounds really good - but defnitely - designed for a long range plan of misdirection. This is Satans way... moreover, the marks of satan is written all-over the concept.

1. It defies Basic Logic... God the Father? God is God - cannot be Father since Fathers are a human atrribute. So God the Father is a false idea. Anyone here have an original bible? the one written right after the so-called death of Christ time? - not after 500 years. (They kept it from the world so they could edit it... subract one and add one making the Bible adulterated)

2. God the Son - another illogical atribute! God cannot be born - what would make the MOTHER? - Mother of God? - cannot be.... Straying tactic of Satan very much evident here.

3. God the Holy spirit... How can God become a combination of 2 created entities... Anything Holy is an abstract concept - it is merely a concept and not a conrete and physical idea. Spirit is a concrete idea but an abstract entity as well... Spirits are also part of Gods Creation... how can God be equal to his creation? - in the Qur'an - the Holy spirit is reffered to as the Angel Gabriel... or Gabriel Arch angel. He is the leader of Angels and He is always the one who is sent to guide all the authorized Messengers of God... He was also the one sent to announce the good news for the coming of the Jesus the Messiah to Mary - (Muslims call her Santa Maria). God cannot be an equal to the Holy Spirit... God is bigger and more than just the Holy Spirit. God's throne exceeds more than the farthest ends of the Universe - something above and beyond our unlimited imagination can grasp.

Man possess unlimited Imagination... but still - this is not even equal to an atoms weight to grasp the vastness of Gods infinity.

To claim the trinity concept... is to insult God.

I suggest... we should look at the history of the Christian Church... it's motives... it's tactics... - get to the real story. They killed the Man whom they thought was Jesus... and along with him, they killed all of his disciples....

Paul was never one of the original disciples... He is a Roman Soldier... an Intelligence Officer... whose mission is to infiltrate the Underground Christians. (Operation: Infiltrate, Adopt, Empathize and Influence)

Study their scripture and see how Rome can use it in the pursuit of a World Domination Plan. (Do you know where most of the Catholic contributions go to? and who is Tax Exempt with Diplomatic Immunity all over the world?) This was the time when Islam was the religion of majority of the world.

Was Peter ever a pope? - this is what the Romans wanted us to believe. they even portraid Peter sitting on a throne with a Key... in Michaelangelos sculpture in St. Peters Cistine Chappel in Rome. - a big lie.

THey murdered Peter... on a cross. And they even sent spies to make people respect the cross. How easily are people deluded.

But Truth crushed to earth shall rise again. And Truth placed on top of a Mountain of Lies - will make this mountain crumble to dust.

May Allah bless us with enlightenment, peace in finding and discovering truth and bless our families with good tidings...

Ameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
08-06-2007, 12:58 PM
lol...now that is a new one. Paul was a Roman agent. Conspiracy theories are always fun.

Grace Seeker
08-06-2007, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by believer
As a former Catholic and born-again Christian... during the years before I have embraced Islam... I came to realize that the letters of Paul to the Romans, the Corinthians and etc... are not to be taken seriously.
OK. Thank-you for your opinion. But, I am sorry, I was not able to tell what exactly was the nature of your question.

Did you have one about Christians that you were requesting an answer to from Christians?

believer
08-06-2007, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
OK. Thank-you for your opinion. But, I am sorry, I was not able to tell what exactly was the nature of your question.

Did you have one about Christians that you were requesting an answer to from Christians?
Sorry, I wasn't trying to ask a question earlier but merely attempting to shed some light to some of the faithful souls.... at any rate for the purpose of the topic of the thread. Q & A for christians, I would ask you GraceSeeker a question.

What is your concept of God? How often are you consciouss about God?

How do you think God wants to be worshipped and in what form or manner?...

Salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
believer
08-06-2007, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
lol...now that is a new one. Paul was a Roman agent. Conspiracy theories are always fun.
I don't know if you have read the Bible thouroughly... but if you did... please try to grasp the context in its' entirety. Bearing i mind, to whom that particular chapter was addressed to; and who was writing it/ who translated it and who was speaking (God, Jesus or the writer).

If you understand Gods nature, you will already have a clue how the story line will go. Everything will be consistent and not conflicting.

The battle between Good and Evil started since Satan was sent out of paradise. spies, conspiracies (whatever you may call it), soldiers are all elements of this whole drama.

God doesn't have any problem about Satan... God in fact gave Satan a chance to roam the world and mislead as many souls as he can, except God chosen Servants. Satan is accursed anyway so he will only be dragging with him as much human souls as he can since on the day of judgement - he is going to be dammed anyway.

Satan is clearly the enemy of man. but many are deluded. The center of history doesn't revolve around Christianity alone. (I thought it was before)

I didn't hear about Paul as a roman spy from anywhere... this is just my own impression as I read the Bible.

I remeber one time, I came accross the "Celestine Prophecy" a new age book - I was so much interested about it I got to finish it in one sitting (cover to cover) - that was when I was exploring the new age cult.

When I became a born-again Christian... I read the Bible again but this time it was with more interest and passion. so I finished it from cover to cover and has been religiously reading it everyday... almost every hour - with the same degree as what kids are doing with a Harry Potter book.

This is how I came to see Pauls' real color. I used to work with a productivity company and I was trained to see the defference between trees and forests and to be able to look at every situation in all perspectives.

To say that there is a conspiracy theory doesnt apply with what I said. I am convinced with my own findings... it's time you do yours.

I really liked reading the Bible... theres so much values that can be picked from it... this is the reason Why Christians are considered to be the closest in religion to the Muslims.

The Qur'an tells the Muslims to leave the Christians alone especially when they are praying... also not to make debate with them... and to talk with them with using good words.

We intend to make our interactions an enlightening one. And hopefully be mutually beneficial to us all.

May God be pleased with us and bless us all and our families... Amen.

believer
08-07-2007, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dpartlow
Hi Mustafa MC,

I thought these passages might help elaborate the oneness of spirit and uniqueness of substance of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit:
Passages in Mark::peace:

Mark 2.5ff: When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven." 6 Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, 7 "Why does this fellow talk like that? He's blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?" 8 Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, "Why are you thinking these things? 9 Which is easier: to say to the paralytic, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Get up, take your mat and walk'? 10 But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins...."--A rather strong statement of divine authority, and the context SHOWS that it was a blasphemous assertion IF He was NOT God!. Notice that He does not answer their charges with a "Hold on now! I am not claiming to be God! I am claiming something less!"--not at all!

Mark 2.28: So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."--Notice: Jesus has the authority to override the laws of the Sabbath.

Mark 8.31: He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again. --Notice: very early identification with the messianic Servant of Isaiah.

Mark 8.38: If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels."--Notice: Jesus identifies Himself with the exalted 2nd coming--even linked to the Father's glory (cf. Is 42.8: "My glory I will not give to another" said YHWH).

Mark 9.41: I tell you the truth, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to Christ will certainly not lose his reward.--Notice: Jesus makes an explicit claim to Messiahship here ("Christ").

Mark 9:42: "And if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, --Notice that He is endorsing Himself as an appropriate object of religious faith! A rather important clue as to deity--cf. Jer 17.5: This is what the LORD says: "Cursed is the one who trusts in man.

Mark 11.3: If anyone asks you, `Why are you doing this?' tell him, 'The Lord needs it and will send it back here shortly.'" Notice how closely Jesus is linked to 'the Lord'. We cannot tell in the passage if it refers to Him or to His Father. [The same is true in 5.19-20...Jesus tells the demoniac to tell his family "what the Lord has done for him", and he tells them "what the Jesus did for him"--exact same linguistic construction and words!]

Mark 12.1-11: The parable of the Tenants. In this passage Jesus differentiates Himself from the religious leadership of Israel (i.e. "the wicked tenants"), with a claim to a UNIQUE Sonship-Heirship. So "He had one left to send, a son, whom he loved. He sent him last of all, saying, 'They will respect my son.' "But the tenants said to one another, 'This is the heir. Come, let's kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.' 8 So they took him and killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard.. He interprets this messianically in v.10-11, as does His enemies around Him (v.12). He is the UNIQUE Son and Heir of God--a rather high claim!

Mark 12.35-37: While Jesus was teaching in the temple courts, he asked, "How is it that the teachers of the law say that the Christ is the son of David? 36 David himself, speaking by the Holy Spirit, declared: "'The Lord said to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet."' 37 David himself calls him 'Lord.' How then can he be his son?"--Notice: this is the classic text on the two natures of Christ...Jesus, as messiah, is greater even than David!

Mark 13.26-27: "At that time men will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27 And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens.--Notice: Jesus identifies himself with the Divine figure in Daniel 7.13, talks of his coming with 'great glory', calls the angels 'HIS angels', calls the elect "HIS elect", and somehow is able to gather them together from all places on the globe. There are quite a few strong deity claims in this little passage!

Mark 13.31: Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.--Notice--a rather exorbitant claim for a mere creature, eh?!
Mark 14.27: "You will all fall away," Jesus told them, "for it is written: "'I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered.' --Notice Jesus applies the messianic passage Zech 13.7 to himself.

Mark 14.62: Again the high priest asked him, "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?" 62 "I am," said Jesus. "And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."--Notice Christ claims to be both Son of God and the messianic Son of Man in Dan 7.13! Notice also that the High Priest in the next verse proclaims that this is blasphemy--an ascription of deity to that which is not god! Jesus' claims to be the Danielic messiah and to be the Son of God were understood by the 1st century Palestinian Jew to be claims to deity!
Hi dpartlow!

again, I am not speaking in behalf of scholars view.... this is only as to how the Bible and the Qur'an impresses its context in my limited brain.

If you will notice... Jesus speaks in the 1st person tense as if God is speaking Himself. This is common all throughout the Bible.

As one of the great Messengers appointed by God to be the MESSIAH... Jesus is created in the Manner Adam was created... the only difference between Jesus and Adam is Adam have neither a Father or a Mother. Jesus on the other hand has a Mother... moreover a Virgin Mother. If there is anyone more worthy to be called as the Son of God - it cannot be EZRA nor Jesus... but ADAM himself.

Now, with Jesus' case is special... As a Messiah, he was sent on a special mission. The main objective was... to remind the sinners about the essence of Worshipping One God... The God of Abraham. Given this special authority, Jesus can speak with Authority... I wonder how he really spoke in the true form of Aramaic? It is a fact that English cannot do justice for the real forms of Aramaic nor Arabic nor Hebrew.

The point is - Jesus (pbuh) can speak on behalf of God at that time.

Haven't you noticed how an elderly Man or woman crossing the street would address a young fellow who have assisted Him or Her? "They normally say... "Thank you Son!"

In Asia... it is a common practice for elders to call children as son or daughter... and vice versa. English is a limited language... it cannot really portray the exact gramatical tenses of the original form.

Whenever, Jesus would be talking in the first person tense as God - Bear in Mind... He is using a language in the Asiatic Region... not English.

Another example would be...

The big boss went for a vacation... he delegated everything - full responsibility and authority to his assistant GM. Assistant GM talks with supervisor... can you imagine how difficult it would be if this Assistant GM will be using the second person tense in his conversations to his subordinates. It is permissible for him to talk as if he is also the boss. - but it doesn't necessarily mean that He and the Boss is One being. But He is allowed to claim that "I and the Boss are one and the same when it comes to this particular authority..."

We need to expand our comprehension in assimilating the English BIble.

Another thing... I haven't found any proof that Jesus directly commanded us to worship him.

The concept of the trinity is vague... and it holds no proof (according to how I comprehended the Bibles entire context)...

While on the other hand.... the Qur'an vividly and clearly provides proof and a CLEAR Criteria of Who Really is GOD.

This is the 112th Chapter... the Chapter named: PURIFICATION

In Arabic: "Surrah' Al'Iklas"

In the name of Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful...

1. Say: HE IS ALLAH.... ONE!
2. ALLAH, the ETERNAL REFUGE!
3. HE NEITHER BEGETS NOR IS BORN!
4. Nor is there to HIM ANY EQUIVALENT!

There it is! God Described Himself in only 4 lines!!!

Plain and simple... Straightforward! ... Not Confusing! .... NOr is it Mind Boggling!

How do you know if something originates from Satan?

I will give you one trademark... this is common in everything that Satan wants to feed the Universal consciouss Minds of the human race... CONFUSSION.

Why?

"Divide and Rule Principle" - it's one of the oldest tricks in his book. He's done it before... He'll do it again and again. Why? because it Works!

Dear Faithful!

Seek knowledge and Seek it with open mind... open heart... and open eyes.

Salaam

Again - this is just my own perception. If I am wrong... I am always open for further enlightenment.

May Allah be pleased with us all and Bless us always including our Families.

believer
08-07-2007, 01:48 PM
I believe that God is the maker of heaven and earth. I believe that God is spirit, being neither male nor female, but that God created us in his (sorry, for the anthropomorphizing, but I cannot bring myself to call God "it" which is the only other pronoun I have available to me in English)...but that God created us in his own image. And his desire was and is to live in perfect fellowship with us. I believe that this fellowship has broken by sin which all of us are guilty of, for we all fall short of God's glory. I believe that in spite of our corporate and personal sinfulness God still desires to have us joined to him and sent us prophets to direct us back to walk in his ways. Yet, even with such guidance none of us is still perfect or holy as God is holy and he still desires that we have this type of righteousness in our lives. On our own power such righteousness is unattainable. So God has acted to confer his righteousness to us. Rather than merely wooing people to himself, God took the initiative to come to us, to show us and offer us a way back to himself. God came to live and dwell among us, even going so far as to manifest himself in the flesh and dwell among us. God did this in the person of Jesus who was not just a human being but God incarnate (in the flesh) among us. I believe that Jesus in his one person thus had two natures being both 100% human and 100% divine. (Yes, I know that 100 + 100 = 200, and with mere humans this would be impossible, but with God nothing is impossible.) I also believe that God being God and omnipresent was entirely manifest in the person of Jesus and yet was not absent from any other place in which may also always be found. I believe that Jesus, being human, was tempted as we are, but that he did not succumb to any temptation and lived a sinless life. I believe that he offered this sinless life as an atonement (payment) for the sins of all humanity. I believe that offering took place on the cross and that there God gave up his life for us humans. (I do not blame people who find this too difficult to believe, but I do believe it to be true.) I believe that Jesus was resurrected from the dead and by this resurrection shows to us the power that God has over not only life but also death. I believe that the sin I spoke of earlier that all humans have in their lives creates within us a type of spiritual death. I believe that only God is able to resurrect us to spiritual life from that death. I believe that those who trust God to do this will find that God is trustworthy and does do this, and that God does this by sharing his own Holy Spirit with us. (By the way, I do not believe this is a different God, and certainly not a creature created by God, it is just a sharing of God's self with us.) Thus, not in our own power, but in God's power, those who place their faith in God's work of salvation will find themselves united to God and able to experience full fellowship with him as he originally intended for us to have with him when he created humankind. Our lives being joined to God's we find new life in him that never ends. Thus, though I know that my earthly life will come to an end, I believe that my spiritual life having been resurrected from spiritual death will never die and that God will give life to me in it (in some type of spiritual body that is still a mystery to me) in order that I might spend eternity with him as he created me to do.

Dear GraceSeeker;

Amen to that... you remind me of myself before I embraced Islam. I share exactly the same concept of God before.

However, these are actually the concept of what the Roman Church claims and is preaching to the rest of christianity no matter what their sect is.

However, when I read the 3rd to the last Chapter of the Qur'an which is the 112th entitled... PURIFICATION... (Surrah' Al' Iklas)

My concept of God was rectified.

If you haven't read it... I really do recommend it. I am pretty sure you'll appreciate it.

At any rate.. it goes like this.

CHAPTER 112 - PURIFICATION

"In the name of Allah the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful!"

1. Say: "HE IS ALLAH, ONE!"

2. "ALLAH, THE ETERNAL REFUGE!"

3. "HE NEITHER BEGETS NOR IS BORN!"

4. "NOR IS THERE TO HIM ANY EQUIVALENT."

That's it! The concept of God - according to God (not according to emperror constantine or pope Greg.)

This Chapter is also known as the TOUCH STONE of THEOLOGY... why? because... if any one claims that this or that is their God... all they have to do is test it with these 4 Criterions. Sort of an Acid Test... If their God or concept of God passes all 4! - The He is God.

By the way, all the ones from your statement which I colored RED are really OK... those in BLUE are debatable.... those in BLACK...means (I respect your opinion).

May Allah Bless this as a beneficial enlightenment among the pious believers... Ameen!

believer
08-07-2007, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
I didnt mean to say it in a rude way or anything, but i wanted to disguise the word so my comment wont be banned by the mods. Anyway... very interesting.
How long have you been a revert brother?
Salaamu alaikum warahmatullah Sister!

I discovered Islam last September 2006... just before Ramadan... Before I went to Saudi... I have always wondered where I could get myself a Qur'an? It was impossible to get one from where I came from... My coleagues are mostly priests - already. I have been in the company of priests like - all of my life. However - the life of other priests in some parts of the world maybe different from my part of the world since there is more interaction between them and the community.

Thank you so much sister for asking.

Allah Hafiz!

Ebtisweetsam
08-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Salaamu alaikum warahmatullah Sister!

I discovered Islam last September 2006... just before Ramadan... Before I went to Saudi... I have always wondered where I could get myself a Qur'an? It was impossible to get one from where I came from... My coleagues are mostly priests - already. I have been in the company of priests like - all of my life. However - the life of other priests in some parts of the world maybe different from my part of the world since there is more interaction between them and the community.

Thank you so much sister for asking.

Allah Hafiz!

:sl: What amazes me is the people that are the most strongest in their faith, are the ones to revert back to Islam.....
A muslim's fundamental belief is in all four books and most people i speak to (non-muslim) are shocked to know this. Do you think this is what may draw people back to Islam, the religiong they were born with??
:w:

Woodrow
08-07-2007, 02:20 PM
:sl: What amazes me is the people that are the most strongest in their faith, are the ones to revert back to Islam.....

There is truth in that statement. remember, many of us who are reverts were very strong in our birth faith. we have embraced Islam because we were searching for the true means of worshiping allah(swt). We came to Islam out of love for Allah(swt) and not because we were born as practicing Muslims.

A muslim's fundamental belief is in all four books and most people i speak to (non-muslim) are shocked to know this.
Those of us who revert, are seekers. we have an insatiable appetite to learn the true message of the 4 books. Personally, I believe it only makes sense that the true message will be found in the true writings of the 4 books and that the message was the same message when it was originally written.

Do you think this is what may draw people back to Islam, the religiong they were born with??
It is a simple one word answer: TRUTH Us reverts are like moths circling a light (TRUTH). We will go to were we see the light and that light is shinning brightest in Islam.

believer
08-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Salaamualaikum warahmatuhlahi wabarakathu Woodrow!

I have a confession to make... the first time I read your posts... I actually thought you were Sheik Yussuf Estes.

Then, from your brief story of Reversion - I found out your not.

As I read more of your posts... I am actually feeling like I am hearing myself - hmmm... about 10 to 20 years from now. (make it 5)

I am really blessed to have encountered you - a senior revert. We cannot be siamese twins. :-)

All praise and glory is due to Allah alone! No one has the right to be worshipped but He! May Allah bless you more and increase your iman and deen as well as your family! Alhamdullillah! Thank you Allah - for bringing me in the company of the righteous!... Ameen!

believer
08-07-2007, 03:25 PM
I never really thought about that... perhaps, maybe - because people are the same everywhere... anywhere... or in any religion... There are those who are some would say religious... and spiritual... and some who are seekers of truth.

People who are considered seekers of truth are normally deep and free thinkers... they have a stronger passion and an unsatiable thirst for knowledge - eventually wisdom.

there is a progression which happens - but I don't know what the technical term for it but... it goes like this.

As a child; and when one knows little... he tends to know more... so he reads more...

As one grow older... He has read more... but only to realize that - He still needs to know more....

As one knows almost everything already... He comes to the point of realizing that - He actually learned nothing.

Then He comes to the point of unlearning everything. some would call this stage as the stage of wisdom.

But after this stage... a Man comes to terms with examining his very own existense... what on earth is he doing in this piece of land? what is his purpose? what happens next?...

This Void is so real and there is no religion in the world that can fill this gap except Islam...

For a Non-Muslim who has experienced this... he will naturally go into complete Surrender and submission to a Higher Power. something He has no control over... and something he is yet to discover... not by Himself... but by the guidance of this Higher Power with which he realized he has submitted into...

When this Man finally gets his hands on the Qur'an... then... the rest will only be History.

The Qur'an is more than sufficient...

I had a library of books before... I don't need it anymore. Allahu Akbar!

Mashallah!

Woodrow
08-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Salaamualaikum warahmatuhlahi wabarakathu Woodrow!

I have a confession to make... the first time I read your posts... I actually thought you were Sheik Yussuf Estes.

Then, from your brief story of Reversion - I found out your not.
Possibly I have picked up some positive influence from Sheik Yussuf Estes. Although I have not had the pleasure of meeting him, I have met a few of his family member and He has been here in Austin quite often. However, these days he is seldom back here in Texas.

As I read more of your posts... I am actually feeling like I am hearing myself - hmmm... about 10 to 20 years from now. (make it 5)
Our paths have travelled across very similar grounds. Only logical that we would both be reverts as we have seen and experienced many similar events that lead us in this direction.

I am really blessed to have encountered you - a senior revert. We cannot be siamese twins. :-)

All praise and glory is due to Allah alone! No one has the right to be worshipped but He! May Allah bless you more and increase your iman and deen as well as your family! Alhamdullillah! Thank you Allah - for bringing me in the company of the righteous!... Ameen!
Now to keep this thread from going totally off topic. Let us now return to the thread purpose of "Questions to be answered by Christians".

Although, I believe it is justifiable for us former Christians to add our opinions as at one time we did believe as Christians.

I just moved these posts to their own thread as they do appear to be a seperate topic.

believer
08-08-2007, 04:10 AM
Mods... I accidentally - clicked on the link that says unsubscribe to this thread... how do I undo it?...

At any rate...

With the Catholic Church... the term VOCARE or VOCATION is the keyword for inviting High-School Students in the Priesthood... Vocation (or Calling) and they have posters that say - "Many are called but few are chosen".

Students will take an entrance exam... wherein a certain IQ can qualify them for the Minor Seminary. There are three major types of Priesthoods in the Catholic church... 1. Secular, 2. Religious/ Contemplative, 3. Missionaries

The Catholic has a heirarchy....

The Pope, The Papal Nuncio, The Cardinals, The Bishops, The Vicar Generals, The Parish Priest, The Assistant Parish Priests, The Deacons, Regents and then the Seminarians...

In the Religious Order and spiritual Contemplatives: There are Missionary Brothers, Missionary Priests & Monks (i.e., Franciscan Order of Monks, Bennedictine Abbey, etc.) The priests in this order are normally living in convents or schools or Monasteries... they are also the ones frequently assigned for overseas missions all over the world.

The Secular Order are those Priests who become Parish Priests... similar to Pastors... they maintain the local Churches which is under a Vicarate.... vicarates are under the control of a Bishop... and in every country - all Bishops are under the Cardinal.

The Parish Priests maintains the local churches and has more interaction with the local community. to become a (secular) priest... one applies in the Cathedral to the Bishops House... they will take a test supervised by the Restor - a resident priest. This is normally IQ Test only.

The Curricullum consists of Philosophy in the Minor Seminary... and once you finished Philosophy, you enter the Major Seminary for Theology. You can also take up any other course in Management, Political Science, Psychology, etc. while you're taking up the 2 major courses. Normally, these courses are taken in the big universities... other courses are learned in the seminary. Mostly seminaries require internship... but the one I entered into was experimental at that time and instead of keeping the seminarians inside the seminary... we were given the liberty to interact with outside communities as part of our formation... (the logic behind is - you cannot love something you don't know).

after 8 years of studying. and doing apostolate missions (doing service and living in certain communities).. one may still pursue other studies or discipline or may take up his Regency status... Regency is normally 2 years - outside the seminary. This 2 years will determine if you're really for the priesthood or not. And once you are fully convinced to embrace the vow of celibacy... then you can be ordained. The Ordination ceremony is a big event... it's much bigger than a normal marriage celebration.

With regards to priests commiting a grave offense or scandal. The church or Bishop confers this matter with the Cardinal and the Bishops conference... they can remove the powers of officiating Sunday Mass Service or even strip the priest of his parish position. But - Once a priest - always a priest... this is the slogan of all priests... and They can still baptize, perform burial rites, or prayers for the sick in their death beds, bless homes and sometimes... in rare occassions perform exorcism.

The Catholics Church believes that we are the only ones authorized by Jesus since the key was given to Peter... and Peter was considered as the first Pope. They considered all Non-Catholics as Protestants... Catholic also in definition means UNIVERSAL.

Secular Priests are considered to be in the elite members of society... they are normally invited to big affairs... however, they are normally moderate in their attendance and remain as pious to the eyes of the masses.

Priests drink alchohol... this is normal... since the wine in the mass is a spanish made MOMPO (spanish Red Table wine) - it contains alchohol. But it is rare to see a priest drinking beer... however, I know many but only in private parties.

Anyway, priests are also human so they shouldn't be treated any differently.

Grace Seeker
08-08-2007, 04:21 AM
Mods... I accidentally - clicked on the link that says unsubscribe to this thread... how do I undo it?...
At the top of the thread you will see a button for "thread tools". Click on it and there will be a place to subscribe or unsubscribe to the thread as you prefer.

They [the Catholic church] consider all Non-Catholics as Protestants
Not quite. The Catholic church recognizes the Orthodox or Eastern Rite churches as being non-Catholic and they do not mean them when they speak of Protestants.

believer
08-08-2007, 06:08 AM
Thank you GraceSeeker...

Yes, you're right - I forgot to mention about the Orthodox Churches... Catholic do not treat them as protestants... you may add as well as the Jews and the Muslims.

Thanks so much for that one... I stand corrected.

Ebtisweetsam
08-08-2007, 12:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

There is truth in that statement. remember, many of us who are reverts were very strong in our birth faith. we have embraced Islam because we were searching for the true means of worshiping allah(swt). We came to Islam out of love for Allah(swt) and not because we were born as practicing Muslims.

Those of us who revert, are seekers. we have an insatiable appetite to learn the true message of the 4 books. Personally, I believe it only makes sense that the true message will be found in the true writings of the 4 books and that the message was the same message when it was originally written.

It is a simple one word answer: TRUTH Us reverts are like moths circling a light (TRUTH). We will go to were we see the light and that light is shinning brightest in Islam.
Mashallah Akhi, Ur words are touching.... enshallah you affected other people too with ur words.:w:

Ebtisweetsam
08-08-2007, 12:22 PM

As a child; and when one knows little... he tends to know more... so he reads more...

As one grow older... He has read more... but only to realize that - He still needs to know more....

As one knows almost everything already... He comes to the point of realizing that - He actually learned nothing.

Mashallah!
:sl: Subhanallah , the Prophet PBUH told us to 'seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave' for a reason.... you never stop learning.:w:

Talha777
08-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Bismillahi Arrahmani Arraheem

Assalaamo alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

I firmly believe that Christianity is the number one rival and challenge of the true religion which is Islam. Christianity is a clever deception, it tries to portray itself as a typical monotheistic religion, preaching peace and good personal virtues, and worship of the one God. However, beneath this deceptive facade lie very evil and idolatrous doctrines, which the convert to christianity unfortunately becomes acquainted with after his conversion (or baptism). His missionaries and preachers will try to alleviate his anxiety by hammering in one point, like "Jesus is your personal saviour!", "he died on the cross for us for our sins, he was the perfect sacrifice, blah, blah, blah", but always at the back of the convert's mind he will have some anxiety as to the truth of christianity an will never be at peace and have full certainty that he is on the right path to salvation. You see, this is how Satan works, he likes to mix truth with falsehood, to cunningly deceive those who have less knowledge and whose faith is weak. But nothing short of the pure truth, which only Islam can claim to be, will be acceptable to Almighty Allah. The Seal of Prophets, Muhammad Mustafa (alaihi salaatu wa salaam) demonstrated this point by drawing a straight line in the sand, and then many horizontal lines on both sides of it, explaining that the straight line is the straight path of Islam, but Satan has placed many obstacles and crooked paths, trying to deceive man by many avenues and religions, of which the foremost is without a doubt Christianity.

The Problem with Christianity

The essential problem with Christianity is that it teaches idolatry, by giving divine qualities to a mere human being, Jesus (Alaihi salaam). It teaches Christians to worship a human being who could do nothing independently, but like us is entirely dependent himself on the grace of Allah. This is the greatest falsehood. Part of the reason the Holy Quran was revealed to mankind was to answer this deception of the false Christian doctrines and beliefs, such as worship of Jesus, believing that he died on the cross for our sins, the belief in trinity, and the practices of monastacism and mariolotry which is prevalent on a large segment of Christians. All of these objections and deviances have been so superbly answered by the Holy Quran, in Allah's own words. He has shown us the beauty of believing in the Oneness of Allah, which removes all anxiety and allows man to achieve his true potential as a slave and worshipper of Allah alone.

How to prove Christianity wrong

Christians claim several things about their Bible, the New Testament in general and the writings of the arch liar and anti christ Paul in particular, which is entirely false, being the apparent source for their evil doctrines. Some believe it is the infallible word of God, while others believe it is not error free, but nonetheless divinely inspired. The first class is the most easy to disprove, but the second class is more cunning and deceptive. However, if you can show them contradictions in their Bible with regard to doctrine, they will not be able to answer you. A mere glance at their so called holy books will reveal multitudes of flaws, inconsistensies, absurdities and scientific errors, and outright contradictions:

1. Jesus (alaihi salaam), whom they claim to be God, is not omnicient (Mark 13:32)
So how can God at any point in time not be completely All-Knowing, to ascribe ignorance to God is manifest falsehood

2. Is John the Baptist the Elijah that was to come again? Yes (Matthew 11:13-14), NO (John 1:21). So how can the so called "Gospels" be the infallible word of God, or else divinely inspired, when it is so outright contradictory, even on essential matters of belief, such as the status of John the Baptist, of whom all four Gospel writers seem to have made a great fuss over. No Christian to date has been able to satisfactory explain this big problem away with regard to John the Baptist being Elijah or not.

3. Jesus abolished the law with its commandments (Ephesians 2:15, Romans 7:6) This was the central focus and message of Paul, who in order to have the pagans convert to his new religion needed to compromise with their false and idolatrous worldview, and in order to free them of the "burden" of observing the law of God which would make them righteous, instead deceptively claimed that Jesus abolished the law with its commandments, and now instead belief alone (that too a false belief in Jesus's divinity) is sufficient for any Christian.

However, other parts of the New Testament seem to prove that Paul's gospel is not the gospel of Jesus Christ (Alaihi salaam). For example, Jesus explaining that he did NOT abolish the law (Matthew 5:17-18), and to further emphasize that point, taught his followers to strictly obey the Pharisees, the authorized teachers of the law, in EVERYTHING which they taught (Matthew 23:2-3) Obviously the Pharisees did not preach that Jesus abolished the law, or that faith alone is sufficient.

If every common Muslim was aware of these three simple things, the Christian missionaries would be hell bent on avoiding the doors of Muslim homes. I have seen these missionaries in action, they have no morals and dont act or teach honestly. They easily deceive ignorant Muslims. Satan thrives of ignorance, but the Truth of Knowledge will shatter his nefarious designs

Nay, We hurl the truth against falsehood, and it knocks out its brain, and behold, falsehood doth perish! (21:18)

Ebtisweetsam
08-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Mashallah brother i couldnt have said it better myself.
Somtimes we have to be patient with the Jaahaliyya.... we are nothing compared with what the ummah before us faced.
If Allah SWT chooses Islam for someone it will happen, our part is to do our da'wah and leave the rest up to AllahSWT

believer
08-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Asalaamu aliakum Brother...

I appreciate your honest opinion and feelings about Christianity... in fact I share the same view. But I agree with the sister.

Allah SWT gave us clear instruction in the Noble Qur'an thru his slave and servant Rasullullah (pbuh) to exercise religious tolerance with the Non-Muslims... particularly - and specifically describing and giving more emphasis with the People of the Book (i.e. the Christians)...

Most of the so called self-proclaimed Christians who hate anything Islam are really not the real Christians... Real Christians pocess religious tolerance.

The Qur'an describes these Christians as - humble people... they are not proud. You will know them once they hear the Qur'an recited to them... they react like they know - that this is a genuine, authentic words of Allah SWT.

Most of them are only biased due to the fact that they were bombarded by the Media which is not really controlled by real Christians... the Media programs them through Documentary Reporting and sensationalized journalism that portrays the terror and horror an Islamic Terrorrist can do. And they have come to brand us Muslims through association as potential suicide bombers.

How are they deluded by Satan. At any rate... they should not be treated as enemies... on the contrary, the Prophet Rasullullah (SAW) was instructed by Allah SWT to leave them alone specially when they are praying. They are our brothers according to Allah (SWT).

They are the nearest to our religion. If we show them due respect... they will respond. Remember, it is the duty of each and every Muslim to relay the Message and Warning of Allah about Paradise and Hell and we have his Ayats to back up our convictions. These Christians being the dominant Non-Muslims are our main target market (sorry for using corporate lingo.).

We are like salesmen... we are selling a product that we are ourselves using. If our clients or target customers don't see that we are benefiting from our products... they won't buy it.

Win win situation is our objective. We have to win them using Allahs' divine guidance, wisdom, charity and love and respect. Remember - if we save one Human life (it could also mean human soul or spirit) - it's as if we have saved the entire Humanity.

Satan is our enemy - not the Christians...

Take it from a former Catholic Seminarian and Born Again Christian.

May Allah increase our deen, iman and wisdom in our efforts in the cause of Allah SWT and our dawa.

Muslim Woman
08-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Salaam/peace;

For instance, I am a United Methodist pastor. .

Who is qualified to be a Sunday school teacher ?

In other forum , a Christian claimed that he is ….he always bashed Prophet Muhammed (p) & wrote the name as Moo-ham-head.

Once he wrote such a nasty post regarding marriage of Mother Aisha (ra ) with the Prophet . I asked him ,what ur Sunday school kids will think about u if they find out what kind of dirty language u use ?

What Churches tell their Pastors / Sunday school teachers about dealing with non-Christians ?

Verses all need ..specially for the life hereafter :sunny:

Now if God were to take men [immediately] to task for all the evil that they do [on earth],

He would not leave a single living creature upon its face.

However, He grants them respite until a term set:

but when the end of their term approaches, they can neither delay it by a single moment,

nor can they hasten it.

-Quran (16:61)

Muslim Woman
08-08-2007, 04:05 PM
:sl:

But - Once a priest - always a priest... this is the slogan of all priests

:p :giggling:

in rare occassions perform exorcism.
---how they do it ? Have u ever watched this ? Sounds interesting ...also scary if really Satan comes

I read in a novel that when Satan kills anyone , he breaks his neck….one priest was killed while doing excorcism in that story. Do they still believe that Satan can kill someone ?

key was given to Peter
--also rock ? Not sure ..may be , Sis Jayda told me something like that Catholic church established on rock of Jesus (p) …that is God’s Church etc.

believer
08-08-2007, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam/peace;

Who is qualified to be a Sunday school teacher ?

Seminarians who have underwent their first years in the Major or even Minor Seminary are sent to teach Cathecism... this is the equivalent of a Sunday School Service... Normally - only seminarians do this job.

In other forum , a Christian claimed that he is ….he always bashed Prophet Muhammed (p) & wrote the name as Moo-ham-head.

How deluded he is... if he only know the grave sin he is committing... Allah guides whom He wills

Once he wrote such a nasty post regarding marriage of Mother Aisha (ra ) with the Prophet . I asked him ,what ur Sunday school kids will think about u if they find out what kind of dirty language u use ?

Definitely - the kids will be scandalized... moreover - this is not a Christian Moral conduct or behaviour... in Philosophy 1 - we are taught about the Natural MOral Law as well as the Christian MOral Law... both these laws adhere to maintaining the common good. NOthing good about his behaviour.

What Churches tell their Pastors / Sunday school teachers about dealing with non-Christians ?

In the seminary I came from... we excercise religious tolerance... arguing or debating about religion is not really the cup of tea in my seminary... besides - it is not prescribed in Catholic Seminaries... they would argue and debate only with themselves about anything scholastic or academic....

Verses all need ..specially for the life hereafter :sunny:

Now if God were to take men [immediately] to task for all the evil that they do [on earth],

He would not leave a single living creature upon its face.

However, He grants them respite until a term set:

but when the end of their term approaches, they can neither delay it by a single moment,

nor can they hasten it.

-Quran (16:61)
Salaamu alaikum sister... the Blue fonts are my answers...

Woodrow
08-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Very strong words.

We are like salesmen... we are selling a product that we are ourselves using. If our clients or target customers don't see that we are benefiting from our products... they won't buy it.

Win win situation is our objective. We have to win them using Allahs' divine guidance, wisdom, charity and love and respect. Remember - if we save one Human life (it could also mean human soul or spirit) - it's as if we have saved the entire Humanity.
Plus they are very true.

Those of us who are reverts did not become so because we were told we were evil, misguided, or anti-Muslim. we reverted simply because we saw the truth.

To be honest for over 50 years people that tried to tell me of the "evils" of Christianity only made me want to defend Christianity and put blinders on me that made it difficult to see the truth.

A strong verbal argument as to why a person should accept Islam, is more often counter productive. Islam is a message of love, understanding and acceptance. When we try to defend Islam with human strength, we can only fail. We need to defend and promote it through the truth and understanding Allah(swt) has revealed.

Muslim Woman
08-08-2007, 04:39 PM

...Definitely - the kids will be scandalized... moreover - this is not a Christian Moral conduct or behaviour...

i suspect that he was not a Sunday school teacher , not even a Christian. He always provoked Muslim by using offensive words against the Prophet (p).

It was very unusual .....even if he really hates Islam so much , he could have hidden his identity--- so that we don't get a bad impression about Christians .

U may say that because of him & another Christian---sadly he also claimed that he is missionary who served Muslim AIDS patience in Africa , used to write nasty posts.

I almost started hating all Christians because of these 2 so called followers of Jesus (p).

I guess , may be some people are active online ...trying to create misunderstanding among Muslims & Christians. Could it be possible ?

believer
08-08-2007, 08:45 PM

:p :giggling:

---how they do it ? Have u ever watched this ? Sounds interesting ...also scary if really Satan comes

The reason we do Wudu is the same reason why Priests use "holy" water to drive away unseen spirits or demonic entities... As a believer - we have nothing to fear... Not even Satan - only Allah. It is only Allah who has the power to give life and take life and ressurect one to life again... only the Creator can destroy his creation... not another creation.

I read in a novel that when Satan kills anyone , he breaks his neck….one priest was killed while doing excorcism in that story. Do they still believe that Satan can kill someone ?

This is only probably a Hollywood Story... and if ever it was true... The said priest wasn't killed by Satan... he only have killed himself. For a person who is possesed by a demon... normally, the place or the area of that afflicted person is unclean... many harram materials around or harraam people. the fact that the person is overpowered by the demon is an indication that that place where that person is a demon infested area... meaning - angels have no presence there. If a priests would do battle with the jinns... he need to equip himself with his angels... but if He has no clear idea about the concept and reality of Guardian Angels... then he is coming into the Lions Den. ... Remember, Allah purifies and cleans this earth and his people with Rain... also representing a sprinkling water... water connotates cleansing... Ever wonder why a drunk or sleepy person when ever poured witha pail of water retains his normalcy back again? - the same law applies.

The answer is... Satan has no power over us unless we allow...

--also rock ? Not sure ..may be , Sis Jayda told me something like that Catholic church established on rock of Jesus (p) …that is God’s Church etc.
"Upon this rock I shall build my Church" - this is what Jesus (AS) said to Peter in front of the other disciples... it wasn't clear though is he was refering to the Boulder or the Hill where he is standing that time... But the Catholic utilized this statement and twisted it to their Advantage... they claimed that it was Rome that Jesus (As) that he was referring to... and Peter being the first Pope - according to them technically... I really find this hard to believe since they also crufcified Peter upside down... just outside Rome... The Key is just a symbol that the Romans invented to make a simple story look so glorious... this is actually done to make the Roman Pagan Religion integrated to the clandestine Christian Church built underground in Rome... this way - constantine will be able to conquer the world using Religion.... long story - some people might think I am theorizing a conspiracy again. Anyway, there is more proofs in the Quran that can back up what I percieve. Jesus actually meant... I believe - Upon this rock...(rock means planet Earth - not Rome).

believer
08-08-2007, 09:15 PM

i suspect that he was not a Sunday school teacher , not even a Christian. He always provoked Muslim by using offensive words against the Prophet (p).

You're maybe right!

It was very unusual .....even if he really hates Islam so much , he could have hidden his identity--- so that we don't get a bad impression about Christians .

Or maybe it's not his real identity?

U may say that because of him & another Christian---sadly he also claimed that he is missionary who served Muslim AIDS patience in Africa , used to write nasty posts.

well... one's true color starts to surface sooner or later...

I almost started hating all Christians because of these 2 so called followers of Jesus (p).

Bear in mind... Hate is what satan want us Muslims to have in our hearts... don't go down to their level... moreover... No matter what religion a man or a woman belongs to - he or she will either be the good or the bad apple in the basket. A good one will never plant Bad seeds (confussion, restlessness, fear, hate, terror, argument, and the like)

A Bad One will always leave its' distinct mark...(hatred, fear, confussion, animosity, and the like.)

Good Ones also leave their distinct mark... (INSPIRATION)

I guess , may be some people are active online ...trying to create misunderstanding among Muslims & Christians. Could it be possible ?
Satan and his cohorts are never sleeping... Satan is like a mad dog... wanting to get everyone and many as much as possible... wether Muslim or Christian or Jew or HIndu or Atheists - he doesn't care... It's like a closing out sale... he needs to get as many customers to buy in. If there are people who are aimed in destroying the good relations betwen Muslims and Christians... which is not really a remote possibility... then it is each and every Muslims responsibility to counter it by using Allahs' prescribed guidance. These lost souls can still be saved... if they only know the truth.

believer
08-08-2007, 09:51 PM
To be honest for over 50 years people that tried to tell me of the "evils" of Christianity only made me want to defend Christianity and put blinders on me that made it difficult to see the truth.

A strong verbal argument as to why a person should accept Islam, is more often counter productive. Islam is a message of love, understanding and acceptance. When we try to defend Islam with human strength, we can only fail. We need to defend and promote it through the truth and understanding Allah(swt) has revealed.
To add... "jihad" means to strive... striving in the old days connotes... exerting ones physical strength... but as warfare has evolved into higher form... our very sense of judgement has been clouded by prejudice... As Lao Tzu in his Art of War book would say... If you know yourself but don't know the enemy.. you won half the battle... but if your know the enemy and you know yourself... then you already won the war. Present day Jihad could mean... winning souls by showing our life as examples. to imitate Christ is actually to embrace and live a life of Islam.

I don't know if this is appropriate right now but I feel like qouting the Holy Qur'an... this is a chapter which after I have read it - made me decide to do my Shahada.

Surah' al' Ma'idah 5: 82

"You will surely find the most intense of the people in animosity toward the believers to be the Jews and those who associate others with Allah; and you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers those who say, "WE ARE CHRISTIANS," That is because among them are PRIESTS and MONKS and Because THEY ARE NOT ARROGANT."

83: "And when they hear what has been revealed to the Messenger, you see their eyes overflowing with TEARS because of what they have recognized of the TRUTH. They say, "OUR LORD, WE HAVE BELIEVE, SO REGISTER US AMONG THE WITNESSES."

Oh what a beautiful revelation... and it felt like it was only yesterday that I have first encountered this verses.... and it is God himself saying it.

Woodrow... the call for prophethood is becoming stronger.

Ebtisweetsam
08-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Those of us who are reverts did not become so because we were told we were evil, misguided, or anti-Muslim. we reverted simply because we saw the truth.

Im at a loss for words......... dumbfounded....... i really didnt know that.

I mean it soooo makes logical sense, but in my case, the penny dropped (now im sure youve heard that one, being from texas and all....):w:

Muslim Woman
08-08-2007, 11:53 PM

bro believer , thank u so much for all answers but i guess it was wrong of me to ask u in this thread --

Sorry about that :(

Here current Christians are supposed to give ans --not the formers. Sorry if our Christian participants think we have hijacked their thread :hiding:

Grace Seeker
08-09-2007, 12:05 AM
--deleted--

Ebtisweetsam
08-09-2007, 12:11 AM
You two have been having an interesting conversation. I don't begruge anyone that. Maybe you would find it just as convenient to have the conversation here: Muslims Discuss Christiantiy Amongst Other Muslims.
I totally agree with you, however sometimes you lose urself in the coversation........ havent you ever 'lost track of time', as they say........

believer
08-09-2007, 05:58 PM

bro believer , thank u so much for all answers but i guess it was wrong of me to ask u in this thread --

Sorry about that :(

Here current Christians are supposed to give ans --not the formers. Sorry if our Christian participants think we have hijacked their thread :hiding:

Salaamualaikum sis;

no need to apologize... sometimes we get carried away due to our passion to our religion. Everything happens for a reason... there are no accidents... but only Allah knows best.

Sorry guys for going off topic.
May Allah be pleased with us and bless us all here.... Ameen.

Grace Seeker
08-09-2007, 07:47 PM
But now, you've been reposted in this thread for Muslims to talk about Christianity. So, see how appropriate you conversation was after all. :thumbs_up

(But mine aren't, so I had better quickly bow out. :peace: )

believer
08-12-2007, 06:33 PM
I havent read any material or literature about verses in the Bible that indicated the coming of Prophet Muhammad (RAW)...

But when I was reading the Bible... comprehending its entire context - it was actually suggesting that I look into Islam.

I have encountered some verses which gives me the impression that Jesus Christ (pbuh) was living a life of a Muslim... the way he prayed... and especially about his answer when he was asked why his apostles didn't wash their hands when they ate.

Is there any written compilation of verses which talked about the coming of Islam and the way of Islam.

I haven't tried Google yet... and please don't tell me to Google it.

Woodrow
08-12-2007, 06:49 PM
I havent read any material or literature about verses in the Bible that indicated the coming of Prophet Muhammad (RAW)...

But when I was reading the Bible... comprehending its entire context - it was actually suggesting that I look into Islam.

I have encountered some verses which gives me the impression that Jesus Christ (pbuh) was living a life of a Muslim... the way he prayed... and especially about his answer when he was asked why his apostles didn't wash their hands when they ate.

Is there any written compilation of verses which talked about the coming of Islam and the way of Islam.

I haven't tried Google yet... and please don't tell me to Google it.

Just my own opinion and from personal impressions. I find the comment:
To be an erroneous view. Islam always was. Adam was Muslim. Therefore there is no foretelling of the advent of Islam, simply because it has always been from the first man onward. You can not foretell an existing event, you can only explain the event. I find that to some degree all prior scriptures have told us to submit to Allah(swt) and to worship Him alone. Some of the methodology as to how we should may have been altered or lost in older scriptures, but the message can still be seen, especially after you have seen the verification as to what the message is, in the Noble Qur'an.

I also feel the same as you do in this regard:

believer
08-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks Woodrow - it's always an enlightening experience crossing paths with you...

Just for the sake of discussion:

At what point in time was the word ISLAM used?... any idea?

Woodrow
08-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Thanks Woodrow - it's always an enlightening experience crossing paths with you...

Just for the sake of discussion:

At what point in time was the word ISLAM used?... any idea?

It is also a pleasure to share views with you. I find it very enlightening to see where we have shared expeiences that led to the same conclusion.

Now to find the first usage of the word Islam. I doubt very much a verifiable source can be found as it probably predates written history.

Now to attempt to find the first verifiable writing of the word in Arabic, that can be done with a reasonable degree of accuracy.

We do know that the modern written Arabic of today had it's origins in about 300 CE

It is generally accepted that the Arabic alphabet developed from the script used for Nabataean, a dialect of Aramaic used in northern Arabia and what is now Jordan during roughly the thousand years before the start of the Islamic era. It seems apparent that Syriac also had some influence on its development. The earliest inscription that has been found that is identifiably Arabic is one in Sinai that dates from about A.D. 300. Another Semitic script which was in use at about the same time and which is found on inscriptions in southern Arabia is the origin of the alphabet now used for Amharic, the official language of Ethiopia.
Source: http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/ihame/Ref3.htm

With that said I believe that the first formal writing of the word Islam would have been at the time of Muhammad(PBUH). I do not see where there would have been any prior need for the word as worship was basicaly understood by both the Jews and Early Christians who did worship the one true God(swt). It was only after the time that what was given, had ceased to exist that there was a need for a specific word to designate Islam. The people earlier lived a life of Islam and it did not have to be designated as it was self explanatory. Just my humble view.

I really do not find the word Islam being written until the Hadiths

Tribute, Spoils, and Rulership (Kitab Al-Kharaj, Wal-Fai' Wal-Imarah)
Dawud :: Book 19 : Hadith 2928
Narrated Ghalib al-Qattan:

Ghalib quoted a man who stated on the authority of his father that his grandfather reported: They lived at one of the springs. When Islam reached them, the master of the spring offered his people one hundred camels if they embraced Islam. So they embraced Islam, and he distributed the camels among them. But it occurred to him that he should take the camels back from them.
I doubt if there was any need for a specific word until we began to be seen as different from others who claimed to be believers. Sort of like the Early Christians still called themselves Jews.

The meaning of the word Islam predates history. I am certain an equivalent word meaning: "Submission to God(swt)" exists in many ancient languages either as a single word or as a phrase.

Muslim Woman
08-13-2007, 12:42 AM

did not see the video ....looks interesting

Muhammed (pbuh) in Various Scriptures

By Zakir Naik Islamic Research Center -

muhammed (p) , islam, bible, tao, bouddha, quran, scripture, scriptures, prophecies, prophet, christianity, judaism, ...

http://www.gofish.com/player.gfp?gfid=30-1130150

WHAT THE BIBLE
SAYS ABOUT
MUHAMMED

(Peace be Upon Him)

--late Ahmed Deedat

http://www.jamaat.net/muhinbible/muhinbible.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.