/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forced Marriages

AhlaamBella
08-07-2007, 07:03 PM
:sl:

SubhanAllah, I really miss the marriage forum lol. Anyway, if a forced marriage takes place (PLEASE NOTE: NOT AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE. There is a difference), is anybody punished for fornication? Because the marriage isn't valid in the eyes of Allah so the couple are commiting fornication aren't they?

Also, if either the man or woman wishes to marry someone else of their choice, do they have to go through the Islamic divorce process?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tania
08-08-2007, 11:07 AM
I think in this case the marriage is valid because the bride will be ask about her consent. She must have the force to say NO. If she says yes, it means she accept the whole things what can result from a marriage.
I will search in imam Desai page about fornication inside of marriage because i remember he talked about this.

Tania
08-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Parents forcing into marriage
Question:
Asslaam alaikum, I’m in a predicament I’m 17 years old my parents want me to marry my cousin I don’t want to. I simply decline because I know I'm too young and immature and because I want a religious man not an irreligious man. I can decline cant I? And if I find my self married to him against my will, the marriage isn’t legal in Islam is it? Does that mean that I would be committing fornication? How much of a say do my parents have in my marriage? Does my happiness mean more than theirs as I will be married to the guy eternally have his kids and sleep with him? I DON’T WANT TO MARRY HIM. Thank you.

Answer:
In principle, since you have reached the age of puberty, you are an adult
and have the independent right to choose your marriage partner.

However, in
doing so, you should consider the advise and guidance of your parents.

By virtue of their love and concern for you, they will consider your
interest. We advise that you and your parents adopt the procedure of
Istikhaara (seek divine guidance) and Mashwarah (mutual consultation) in
making a decision. Somewhere on this site, search 'istikhaara' (without
quotes)

Source: http://islam.tc/ask-imam/view.php?q=532

AhlaamBella
08-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Thanks Tania :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tania
08-08-2007, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DeepOcean
Thanks Tania :)
Welcome :) I am sure i read about fornication and its highly forbidden but i think on the site given by bro Fi. I have to ask him about that :-[. Mufti Desai its very diplomatic, avoiding the straight answer at this, like forced marriage would not happen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.