/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for jamaat!!

princessz
08-07-2007, 11:12 PM
:sl:
I'm getting ready for jamaat, this weekend, for the 3rd time :smile:
I'm going with my mom and dad and I'm soooo excited!!
The second time I went, I was hoping the third time would be with a husband..... unfortunately, it aint so...:( ....but maybe the forth time insha Allah.
It's like the most peaceful 72 hours... away from the drama of everyday life...
It's going to be soooo:awesome:

So have anyone ever been to 3 days jamaat before?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Yoosuf
08-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Wa Alaikumussalaam Wa Rahmatulaah

What is jamaat?

princessz
08-07-2007, 11:21 PM
I'm not sure of the correct definition, but it is time spent in the path of Allah teaching and learning about islam. Be it 3 days, 40 days, 4 months or more. Women have to go with a mahrem. They stay separate from the men though. It's a real life changing time for me, from experience.

Umm Yoosuf
08-07-2007, 11:23 PM
I was asking for a definition, sorry to confuse you, I just wanted to know more about the event :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
princessz
08-07-2007, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
I was asking for a definition, sorry to confuse you, I just wanted to know more about the event :)

ooh..ok
Well that's what they call it here.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-08-2007, 12:02 PM
I thought Jumat was when salah is read in congregation?

I remember hearing something about a tabliighi jumaat, haven't reAlly understod what it's all about or whether it has anyhting to do with what you are talking about.

Salaam
08-08-2007, 12:12 PM
it is when you go away for a few days (3 days, 40 days etc) and all they do is read from their Fazail Amal. my friend told me that they dont let you have your own time to read the quran, or to do your own stuff. They focus more on their Fazail Amal then the quran and sunnah.

Far7an
08-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about that and he said:

Usually in every issue there are two extremes and a middle way. Some people praise this group a great deal and encourage going out with them; others condemn them a great deal and warn against them more than they would warn you about a lion. And some people tread a middle path between those two extremes.

I think that there is some good in this group; they call others to Islam and have a clear influence that no other daa’iyahs have had. How many kaafirs have become believers at their hands, and how many evildoers has Allaah guided through them?

Moreover they have an attitude of humility and selflessness that is not found in many others.

Some people say that they have no knowledge of hadeeth, and so on.

They are undoubtedly good people, but I think that those of them who are in Saudi do not go to Pakistan or other countries, and we do not know anything about the ‘aqeedah of those people (in other countries) or their manhaj (methodology). But there is nothing wrong with the manhaj followed by our companions here in Saudi.

With regard to limiting da’wah to three or four days, or to two or four or six months, or two years, there is no shar’i evidence for that. But they think that this has to do with organization. If a person goes out for three days, and knows that he is limited to these three days, he will focus his mind and forget about worldly matters. This is the matter of organization, and is not an act of worship or a matter of sharee’ah.

I think, may Allaah bless you, that if you have the opportunity to seek knowledge then it is better to do that, because seeking knowledge is good and the people nowadays have a great need for scholars who have knowledge of the Sunnah and who are well-versed in knowledge. If you are not able to seek knowledge, and you go out with them in order to purify yourself, there is nothing wrong with that. There are many people whom Allaah has guided at their hands.

Al-Baab al-Maftooh, no. 10, P. 304.
http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=14037&ln=eng

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.