/* */

PDA

View Full Version : madinah university

jihaadu nafs
08-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Assalamu alykum alykum wr wb

can someone give me some information on applying for madinah university, what do you need to apply?, how do you apply?, do you have to go to madinah first?
and can sisters also Apply?

jazakala khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
08-08-2007, 10:02 AM
:sl:

This is taken from http://www.bakkah.net/studying/madeenahuniv.htm :)

In the Name of Allaah, the All-Merciful...

OVERVIEW

Located in the beloved city of our Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam), the Islaamic University of Al-Madeenah was founded by the government of Saudi 'Arabia by a royal decree in the year 1381, intending to spread the teachings of Islaam all over the world.

Studies at the College of Sharee'ah, the first of the University’s faculties to be opened, started that year.

The main objectives of the university are, as mentioned on their website:

"To convey the eternal message of Islaam to the entire world by means of dawah, call to Islam. We aim to do this through University education and post-graduate studies.

Inculcating and fostering the community upon practicing the teachings of Islam and worshiping the only true God, Allah alone, with utmost sincerity and devotion.

Imparting religious knowledge to students who come from different parts of the world and fostering them to become highly qualified scholars, specialized in various Islamic and Arabic disciplines.

Collecting, verifying, and publishing works relating to Islamic heritage.

Maintaining and fostering scholarly and cultural ties with other universities and scientific institutions and organizations throughout the world to serve the noble cause of Islam and its great objectives..."

Students who do not know 'Arabic have a chance to study the 'Arabic Language in a two-year world reknown 'Arabic Institute. If they qualify with an overall 80% average or better, they can then enter one of the university's colleges and focus on Islaamic Studies.

The school reviews applications yearly. The academic year starts in September and ends in June and consists of two seperate semesters.

REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION

To be considered for admission, male applicants should be 25 years old or younger with a high school diploma and generally good grades. Their application must include photographs, copies of passport, birth and health certificates, high school transcripts and a copy of the diploma, all verified by the Saudi Embassy of their country. Also, letters of recommendation from known Islaamic organizations or personalities should be included. The applicant must review the application carefully and be sure to include all necessary information and documents.

ESTIMATED COSTS AND LIVING EXPENSES

Tuition is free. The school provides the students with a monthly salary of SR 840 (about $225) and a round-trip plane ticket yearly. The monthly salary is sufficient for single students living in the dormitory. Married students who have children will find it very difficult to be accepted and have their families with them. They should expect their living expenses to be $6,000 to $12,000 yearly, depending on their standard of living, number of children, etc. Since the university does not have a women's branch, the university's policy is not to grant visas to students' wives
Hope it helps Inshallah

NobleMuslimUK
08-08-2007, 08:36 PM
I would love to try and apply. Is there a minimum age or can you try as long as you are adult.

IceQueen~
08-08-2007, 08:38 PM
Jazakallah Khair

As far as I know women can study there too inshaAllah

my great-uncle in Pak sends his students (girls and boys) there mashaAllah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ISLAMASWEENEY
08-08-2007, 08:40 PM
I think it is 18 when you are an adult brother.

Umm Yoosuf
08-08-2007, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IceQueen~
Jazakallah Khair

As far as I know women can study there too inshaAllah

my great-uncle in Pak sends his students (girls and boys) there mashaAllah

Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah

A sister from Madeenah told me that too. Do you have more information IceQueen?

'Abd al-Baari
08-08-2007, 09:47 PM

^Thats interesting i always thought it was only Umm al Qura' (Makkah) that allowed Female students..Allahu A'lam

Anyways if they do allow women then it will probably be definetly with a mahram

IceQueen~
08-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Yes you need a Mahram lol thats why my great-uncle marries the students to eachother and sends them;D

Al-Mu'minah I don't really have info with me but I can try get it from him inshaAllah...

IbnAbdulHakim
08-09-2007, 12:46 PM
most 25 yr old males are likely to be married... lol, makes it sounds impossible to attend the uni..

AhlaamBella
08-09-2007, 12:48 PM
SubhanAllah, I'd love to go...don't think I could spend so long away from my family hough. I'm a really Mummy's girl lol. Is there any information about female applications?

AhlaamBella
08-09-2007, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
most 25 yr old males are likely to be married... lol, makes it sounds impossible to attend the uni..
Not always. Lots of brothers wait until they have studied before getting married. Hence the growing population of unmarried sisters lol. Well it is in my area ;D

IceQueen~
08-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Doesn't it say that you have to be under 25 for male applicants...:?

'Abd al-Baari
08-09-2007, 01:11 PM

yup your right^

To be considered for admission, male applicants should be 25 years old or younger

IbnAbdulHakim
08-09-2007, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IceQueen~
Doesn't it say that you have to be under 25 for male applicants...:?
LOL I C

i thot u hav to be AT LEAST 25, i was a bit confused about that 2 begin wiv aswell

IceQueen~
08-09-2007, 01:17 PM
I went on the website and from what I gathered you can do A levels (equivalent probs) there too and then the BA programs and Ma and phd stuff...

'Abd al-Baari
08-09-2007, 01:38 PM

I think its really cool to study there or at Umm ul Qura' because of their grealt locations and because unlike most unis the tuition is free..which is really cool lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.