/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gnagh!!! Text speak!!!

Encolpius
08-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Seriously, why do people insist on using text speak on this or any other set of fora?

I mean, you're not limited to 160 characters like you are in an SMS, it's not faster to type, and it's harder to read. So there's no excuse really.

(dis msg nw rpts in txtspk 4 d bnfit ov d smi-litrut)

Srsly, y du ppl nsst on uzin txtspk on dis or ne ova set ov fra?

i mn, ur nt lmtd 2 160 chrs lyk u r in n SMS, its nt fsta 2 type, n its hrdr 2 rd. so ders no excus rly.

(And now back to a language we can all understand.)

Yes, folks, text speak is an aberration. A perversion of linguistic sensibilities which is neither big, clever, nor easier to decipher than standard English. Or any other language for that matter. Furthermore, although this is just my personal prejudice, I associate text speak with the terminally dull and lazy, mainly on the grounds of several thousand witless YouTube and Myspace users who plaster the said sites with it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
08-08-2007, 12:07 PM
:salamext:

wel wer kinda uzed 2 it u c n itz easier 2 typ n dt bt i agree dt we shudnt uze txt speak on d forum bt nrml lang

In English :p

'Well we're kind of used to it, you see, and it is easier to type and that, but I agree that we should not use text speak on the forum, but normal language.

:D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-08-2007, 12:08 PM
I think it's just a habbit.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.