/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Keeping a diary- haram?

Ebtisweetsam
08-08-2007, 12:38 PM
:sl: I was wondering what are your thoughts on keeping a diary with stuff you plan to do in the future....... u think it's haram because you could die right now?:?
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AhlaamBella
08-08-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm not sure.... I don't think there is anything wrong with it...Allah Knows best. I'll check it out

Intisar
08-08-2007, 01:49 PM

Well, journals and diaries are usually kept for reflecting back on what you've done and also just writing down all your thoughts to yourself. Well personally, I'm afraid of what the future holds I'd rather it play out by itself than write down what I hope will happen. Allah is the best of planners. It takes sabr to write down your thoughts on to a booklet and it takes the same sabr to plan out what you hope will happen in the future. Just don't think too much. :)

:sl:

nadia85
08-08-2007, 03:16 PM
I dont think it would be haram not sure

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Faffy.K
08-08-2007, 03:21 PM
hmm i dont think it wud b haraam to keep a journal of whats been going on.. also i dnt think it wud b haraam to note down on what uv got 2 do in the coming days.. its just a way of organising isnt it?

------
08-08-2007, 03:21 PM
:salamext:

Please! Its only to write ur emotions down! Why are people trying to classify EVERYTHING as Haraam :-\

Faffy.K
08-08-2007, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

Please! Its only to write ur emotions down! Why are people trying to classify EVERYTHING as Haraam :-\
lol.. i agree with u fully sister :D ppl r being wayyy to picky on wats halal and haraam these days!

AhlaamBella
08-08-2007, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faffy.K
lol.. i agree with u fully sister :D ppl r being wayyy to picky on wats halal and haraam these days!
That's not necessarily a bad thing you know. We do have to be careful to make sure we don't sin

Faffy.K
08-08-2007, 03:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DeepOcean
That's not necessarily a bad thing you know. We do have to be careful to make sure we don't sin
ye i know.. but in my opinion i think people need 2 focus more on their iman and praying ther salaah on time, readin the quran, lowering their gaze etc.

------
08-08-2007, 03:40 PM

Exactly. I know someone who doesn't want to work in a store, as he might have to 'handle' alcohol, but doesnt pray their daily prayers. Please. :-\

seeker_of_ilm
08-08-2007, 04:02 PM

Exactly. I know someone who doesn't want to work in a store, as he might have to 'handle' alcohol, but doesnt pray their daily prayers. Please. :-\

So a person who neglects Salaah should not abstain from other sins?

Thanks for the clarification.

------
08-08-2007, 04:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

I didn't say that! Oh come on, You know what I mean!! What's their a sin in handling alcohol in its bottle?! :-\

highway_trekker
08-08-2007, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faffy.K
ye i know.. but in my opinion i think people need 2 focus more on their iman and praying ther salaah on time, readin the quran, lowering their gaze etc.
Could do both i.e. take care of your present state as well as write down stuff for the future.

Like someone else said, its just a way of organising your time. People who work find a diary useful. Especially those who forget easily.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-08-2007, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

bro are good deeds accepted without salaah? abstinence is a good deed.

i think thats what the sister was getting at :)

assalamu alaikum

seeker_of_ilm
08-08-2007, 04:48 PM

I didn't say that! Oh come on, You know what I mean!! What's their a sin in handling alcohol in its bottle?! :-\

I've heard a few local scholars say its not permissable to sell alcohol, so perhaps this is why the brother feels uncomfortable handling it?

bro are good deeds accepted without salaah? abstinence is a good deed.

i think thats what the sister was getting at

assalamu alaikum
Abstinence, is a good deed, but the thing you are abstaining from is a sin. So in essence, you'd be getting reward by saving yourself from sin. This is what I meant, if a person has been told such and such a thing is impermissable, they stay away from it, perhaps not for the reward, but maybe for fear of the sin. At least the person has some fear of Allaah, and maybe Salaah is something they are working on. Its not easy to turn into a fully fledged shaykh overnight, don't be so quick to judge is all I'm saying.

AhlaamBella
08-08-2007, 05:42 PM

But handling the sales of alcohol is haraam isn't it?

IbnAbdulHakim
08-08-2007, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DeepOcean
But handling the sales of alcohol is haraam isn't it?
according to some mujtaahids they say that if you work in the west and apply for a job in a place which sells majority halaal and some haram then ur working there is valid.

however i prefer to avoid it, and stay safe from it.... mayb if im completely desperate... may Allah protect me from such a state

Ebtisweetsam
08-09-2007, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
according to some mujtaahids they say that if you work in the west and apply for a job in a place which sells majority halaal and some haram then ur working there is valid.

however i prefer to avoid it, and stay safe from it.... mayb if im completely desperate... may Allah protect me from such a state
Well anyway can we get back on the right topic........
the question is about stuff your planning to do in the future, like later on that day, next week next month etc...

And fo the record, if we dont change the small (haram) stuff, then they lead to the big (haram) stuff!

Muslim Woman
08-09-2007, 12:31 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
:sl: because you could die right now?:?

write InshaAllah before all ur future plans .....i guess , it will make ur diary 100 % halal :)

leader
08-09-2007, 11:30 PM
as sister muslim women said ryt inshaAllah be4 al ur future plans then ur dairy should be 100% halal

Malaikah
08-11-2007, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
the question is about stuff your planning to do in the future, like later on that day, next week next month etc...

How can it be haram to plan ahead? Why do you think it is haram?

Ebtisweetsam
08-12-2007, 10:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

How can it be haram to plan ahead? Why do you think it is haram?
I thought maybe because only Allah SWT can predict the future.....

but i think i will write enshallah, planning to do this and this, is the best idea.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.