/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Emoticons, haram maybe?

Ebtisweetsam
08-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Could emoticons fall under being haraam to use because they have eyes????

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nebula
08-08-2007, 02:19 PM
sister do u really think Islam is that strict? u cant even use emotions ^o)

emotions aren't haraam lol

Muezzin
08-08-2007, 02:23 PM
The thread starter is talking about emoticons, like smileys.

Not emotions. As that would just be silly.

------
08-08-2007, 03:11 PM
:salamext:

Anyways........back on topic...... :-\

Emoticons.....hmm.....i dunno..... anyone care 2 shed some light?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AhlaamBella
08-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Woah.... this thread is straying big time. The topic is, are emoticons haraam because they have eyes. Lets stick to that :)

3ARABY_2005
08-08-2007, 03:22 PM
I Read 2 Opinions About Emotions.

One Said...they Are Haram

The Other Said....they Are Haram Between Men And Women...but Between Men And Men...or Women And Women...it's Halal

Sometime I Use Emotions.....but I Believe In Opinion No. 1

Ummu Sufyaan
10-01-2007, 11:10 AM
:sl:
you know, i was thinking the same thing...but i found this:
With regard to pictures on cell phones, computers and videos, these do not come under the same ruling as photographs, because they are not tangible, unless they are printed.
Source
sis, what makes you think that a picture is haram if the eyes are present
:sl:

siFilam
10-01-2007, 11:34 AM
In The Name Of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

:salamext:

format_quote Originally Posted by 3ARABY_2005
I Read 2 Opinions About Emotions.

One Said...they Are Haram

The Other Said....they Are Haram Between Men And Women...but Between Men And Men...or Women And Women...it's Halal
yeah, I think we should restrict using emtioncons while interacting in the general forums. May forgive our shortcomings.

wasalam
-SI-

NoName55
10-01-2007, 11:37 AM
does anyone here understand the difference between picture icons made to be representations of gods to be worshipped and passport or other photos?

if an emoticon is haram because it is animated then what about videos of my fave Brother Estes? you cant get anymore animated than him

I do not understand it when people get busy making haram silliest of things yet at the same time busy committing haram while others are even busier making halal what Allah made haram

InToTheRain
10-01-2007, 11:52 AM
What is strongly impermissible is to draw the entire human body with all its details, or the face and neck with all its details (except when necessary for immediate educational purposes and the like).

As for drawing an outline of the human body, without detailed features, and labeling the various parts, or drawing the details of a particular part (such as the heart), this is permitted, and this is not disliked if for a reasonable purpose (such as education).

It is mentioned in Imam ` Ala ’ al-Din al-Haskafi’s al-Durr al-Mukhtar that, among the types of pictures that are not prohibited to have are those that are:

“(Small) such that the details of their limbs are not apparent to someone who looks down at them standing while they are on the ground, as Halabi mentioned, (or with their head or face cut off) or with an organ effaced out that the body cannot live without, (or of an inanimate object).”

Ibn Abidin clarified in his supercommentary, Radd al-Muhtar

“(His saying ‘with their head… cut off’) That is, whether it did not have a head in the first place, or it had one and it was effaced.” [Radd al-Muhtar` ala al-Durr al-Mukhtar, ‘Babma yufsidal-salatwama yukrahufiha’]

Allah Knows Best

Abdulsamad
03-04-2019, 04:17 PM
Sister ! First of all do not say anything without knowledge dear sister , wether it is haalal ot haraam . Secondly , a person won't die if he does not use emojis . So be careful

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.