/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Random hadiths

chand
08-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Why dont we have a thread where we post random hadiths..or hadiths of the day? I havnt seen any yet so maybe itll be fun as well as informative..ill start off!

Narrated Safiya bint Huyai: The wife of the Prophet that she went to Allah's Apostle while he was in Itikaf (staying in the mosque) during the last ten nights of the month of Ramadan. She spoke to him for an hour (a while) at night and then she got up to return home. The Prophet got up to accompany her, and when they reached the gate of the mosque opposite the dwelling place of Um Salama, the wife of the Prophet, two Ansari men passed by, and greeting Allah's Apostle , they quickly went ahead. Allah's Apostle said to them, "Do not be in a hurry She is Safiya, the daughter of Huyai." They said, "Subhan Allah! O Allah's Apostle (how dare we suspect you)." That was a great thing for both of them. The Prophet then said, "Satan runs in the body of Adam's son (i.e. man) as his blood circulates in it, and I was afraid that he (Satan) might insert an evil thought in your hearts."
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 73, Number 238

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Haidar_Abbas
08-08-2007, 06:17 PM
:sl: shoukran wa barakAllahu feeki ukhtee, cant wait for more !!!! :sl:

jzcasejz
08-08-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm sure a (or several) thread(s) like this is already around, somewhere. Anyways:

Abu Hurairah states that the Messenger of Allah was asked, “O Messenger of Allah, guide me to a deed equivalent to jihad” He said, “I don’t find any!” Then he said, “When the mujahid goes on jihad, can you enter your masjid and pray continuously, and fast and never break your fast?” The man said, “and who could do that!”

(Bukhary)

NobleMuslimUK
08-08-2007, 08:34 PM
:sl:
Jazakallah Khair for that akhi.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ISLAMASWEENEY
08-08-2007, 08:38 PM
there is no god but Allah

highway_trekker
08-08-2007, 10:56 PM
Narrated Abu Hurayrah:

Allah's Apostle (peace_be_upon_him) said:

Verily, Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, will say on the Day of Resurrection:

O son of Adam, I was sick but you did not visit Me. He will say: O my Lord, how could I visit You when You are the Lord of the worlds? Thereupon He will say: Didn't you know that a certain servant of Mine was sick but you did not visit him, and were you not aware that if you had visited him, you would have found Me by him?

The Lord will again say:

O son of Adam, I asked you for food but you did not feed Me. He will say: My Lord, how could I feed You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Didn't you know that a certain servant of Mine asked you for food but you did not feed him, and were you not aware that if you had fed him you would have found him by My side?

The Lord will again say:

O son of Adam, I asked you for something to drink but you did not provide Me with any. He will say: My Lord, how could I provide You with something to drink when You are the Lord of the worlds? Thereupon He will say: A certain servant of Mine asked you for a drink but you did not provide him with one, and had you provided him with a drink you would have found him near Me.

Sahih Muslim: Book 31, Number 6232.

chand
08-09-2007, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
I'm sure a (or several) thread(s) like this is already around, somewhere. Anyways:

Your probably right but not a thread of hadiths just posts..but its cool..heres another one.

Yahya related to me from Malik that Muhammad ibn Abi Umama ibn Sahl ibn Hunayf heard his father say, "My father, Sahl ibn Hunayf did a ghusl at al-Kharrar. He removed the jubbah he had on while Amir ibn Rabia was watching, and Sahl was a man with beautiful white skin. Amir said to him, 'I have never seen anything like what I have seen today, not even the skin of a virgin.' Sahl fell ill on the spot, and his condition grew worse. Somebody went to the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and told him that Sahl was ill, and could not go with him. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, came to him, and Sahl told him what had happened with Amir. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'Why does one of you kill his brother? Why did you not say, "May Allah bless you?" (ta baraka-llah) The evil eye is true. Do wudu from it.' Amir did wudu from it and Sahl went with the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and there was nothing wrong with him."

Malik's Muwatta Book 50, Number 50.1.1:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.