08-09-2007, 07:51 PM
:arabic6:

:salamext:

Media Tags are no longer supported

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chand
08-10-2007, 07:41 PM
The last two pictures are really beautiful..thanks for posting..inshallah ill be able to see them in real life sometime

leader
08-10-2007, 10:25 PM
jazakallah sister for postin such beautiful pictuers of the mosques
inshallah sister chand u wil gt a chance to go to the sacred place of allah subhan-nahu wata allah
i wer gob smaked wen i wnt
i couldnt even stand on 2 feet wen i saw hw beautiful the kabah was masallah
inshallah i wil gt a chance ever to go again if allah wills for the oppertunity to see this sacred place again

Khayal
09-06-2007, 01:34 AM
:arabic6:

Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Masjid
Built: 1958

Cost: USD $5,000,000.00
Type: Holy place
Observation deck: Yes
Location: Kampong Ayer, Bandar Seri Begawan (formerly Brunei Town)

Amazing in appearance, but too beautiful to be true, The Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque is Brunei's proudest architectural achievement. It sits on an artificial lagoon near the Brunei River in Kampong Ayer, which is appropriately enough, known as a "water village." A structure in the water that resembles a ship was at one time used for official state ceremonies. The mosque is the largest in the Far East, and considered among the most beautiful in the world. It reaches a height of 52 meters and is topped with a gold dome supported by walls of Italian marble, which also forms the mosque's columns, arches, and towers. The stained glass was hand made in England and the carpets are Saudi Arabian.

:wasalamex

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
09-06-2007, 01:38 AM
Asalam alakum MashAllah when i am rich insha'Allah i will build a expensive mosque insha'allah

kwolney01
09-06-2007, 01:47 AM
Wow those are so beautiful...just like Islam..I hope I can go and see them one day..thanks for posting them

zarhad
09-06-2007, 01:50 AM
subhanallah

siFilam
09-06-2007, 04:29 AM
In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

5,000,000 USD for a Masjid. this is ridiculous. I hope they are making good use of those Masjid. Muslims are starting to treat our Masjids like the christens treat their churches and cathedrals. they are becoming places of tourist attraction and symbols of pride and extravagance. May Allah guide us back to the Sunnah of our beloved Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him).

wasalam
-SI-

north_malaysian
09-06-2007, 04:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam

5,000,000 USD for a Masjid. this is ridiculous. I hope they are making good use of those Masjid. Muslims are starting to treat our Masjids like the christens treat their churches and cathedrals. they are becoming places of tourist attraction and symbols of pride and extravagance. May Allah guide us back to the Sunnah of our beloved Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him).

wasalam
-SI-
Brunei is a very rich country where the government dont tax their citizens as the government has lots and lots of money!!!!! They also provide free health services.

There is no such thing as poverty there...

But there are only 300,000 people live all over the Sultanate.

siFilam
09-06-2007, 07:41 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Brunei is a very rich country where the government dont tax their citizens as the government has lots and lots of money!!!!! They also provide free health services.

There is no such thing as poverty there...

But there are only 300,000 people live all over the Sultanate.
my point is that this is against the Sunnah. we are becoming too materialistic and loosing the true meaning and value of our Masajid. we don't value them as the Sahabah (may Allah be pleased with them) and the Salaf (may Allah have mercy on them) did.

wasalam
-SI-

Ibn Al Aqwa
09-06-2007, 07:45 PM
^ yh i was about to raise that point myself....

Too many "beatiful mosques" these days...

They arent supposed to be tourist attractions

Khayal
11-06-2007, 07:22 PM
:w:

-Elle-
11-07-2007, 01:02 AM
wow,Those pictures are really beautiful...but I kind of get what some of you brought up,mosques aren't suppose to be viewed as an architectual marval but as a place of worship...

Doesn't take away from the fact that these are really incredible:)

There are some really breath-taking mosques in Turkey,ancient mosques are really some of the most gorgeous,IMO.:)

http://www.pbase.com/dosseman/edirne_turkey

Khayal
11-07-2007, 03:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by houda~
wow,Those pictures are really beautiful...but I kind of get what some of you brought up,mosques aren't suppose to be viewed as an architectual marval but as a place of worship...

Doesn't take away from the fact that these are really incredible:)

There are some really breath-taking mosques in Turkey,ancient mosques are really some of the most gorgeous,IMO.:)

http://www.pbase.com/dosseman/edirne_turkey

:sl:

Wow! mashaAllah these are really awesome mosques! I 'll share all these here InshaAllah, Jazaak ALLAH khayr for posting the link.. :)

Here is a small gift for you.

Khayal
11-07-2007, 03:19 AM

Selimiye Mosque in Edirne

11-DEC-2006

09-DEC-2006

09-DEC-2006

Khayal
11-07-2007, 03:24 AM

Istanbul Ortaköy Mosque along Bosporus 2003

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
01-06-2008, 01:39 PM
MAsha'Allah... beautifull mosques...
this is an amazing pic.. with the colours in the sky..

Khayal
03-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque

This Mosque since it started construction in 1996 underwent many many redesigns and ended up costing 10 times the original price. Tourists are allowed in with tour guides and also get the chance to learn more about islam and islamic architecture

These amazing pictures taken by Osama, who happens to be an enviromental engineer with a very good eye !

Link.

Alim Apprentice
11-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Great pictures, keep it up.

format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam

my point is that this is against the Sunnah. we are becoming too materialistic and loosing the true meaning and value of our Masajid. we don't value them as the Sahabah (may Allah be pleased with them) and the Salaf (may Allah have mercy on them) did.

wasalam
-SI-
Thats a valid assumption, but still an assumption nonetheless =)

One has to look beyond the figures. When a lot of money is invested in a mosque, it is possible that a lot also goes providing easy access for worshipers, making sure its always clean and well maintained. Even things like high tech audio/visual equipment are installed so that khutbah's are interactive (ala powerpoint style), screens so everyone behind supporting pillars can still see the khatib.

A mosque that is well funded can also at least support worshippers who are not well off. Its not surprising to see free food around at some mosques, and other facilities that the public would find useful (showers, etc). Religious classes to teach kids and adults alike, and so on.

Its is also good thing if it does attracts non muslim tourists, since it does spark some admiration and curiosity. What good does it serves us if we deny them a visit to such a great place?

What would be wrong would be if all the money was spent and no one goes to pray there and take good advantage of it ;)

OurIslamic
11-08-2009, 08:21 PM
None of the pictures work :(

OurIslamic
11-08-2009, 08:22 PM
The first page is fine, but the pictures on the second page are broken.

Khayal
11-10-2009, 03:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by OurIslamic
The first page is fine, but the pictures on the second page are broken.

Yes, I know, unfortunately, the pictures were taken from the net, not from me, sorry for the inconvenience...

:wa::wa:

Abdul Qadir
11-15-2009, 12:53 PM
salam,

Nice pix of various beautiful mosques...but in my opinion, the most beautiful of all mosques in this world is the mosque during Muhammad's era where the companions used a few poles to outline a space, and the space is the mosque. Dogs used to come and urinate in this mosque and no one does anything to the dogs(this shows we must not harm ANY animals)...=)...

meer5sd
11-17-2009, 07:54 AM
subhanallah..

ardianto
01-15-2010, 04:08 PM
Al-Akbar Mosque
Surabaya, Indonesia

Located at Pagesangan, Surabaya city. Was inaugurated by President Abdurrahman Wahid on year 2000.
A large mosque with 147 meters length and 128 meters width.
It has one main dome with 27 meters height and four smaller domes with 11 meters height.
There are two convention halls, as-Shofa and al-Marwah. There is a lift in minaret.
Another facility is free internet access. There are three hotspots with coverage area up to 100 meters.

ardianto
01-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Sorry, the last picture is too large. Anyone know how can I decrease it size ?.

Chechnya
01-15-2010, 04:21 PM
all that waste of money - on a mosque

Salihah
01-15-2010, 04:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Sorry, the last picture is too large. Anyone know how can I decrease it size ?.
hope this helps :statisfie

Attachment 3987

Fטлку
01-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Here you go. I resized it only a little because it doesn't look good when it's too small :)

Salihah
01-15-2010, 04:34 PM
??where is the picture gone?? cant I upload pictures? I just resized it..:hmm:

Fטлку
01-15-2010, 04:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salihah
??where is the picture gone?? cant I upload pictures? I just resized it..:hmm:
Don't worry. It's still there. I can see it :)

Salihah
01-15-2010, 04:42 PM
.. I just see the file name as a link which does not open... strange... I know its a bis small but I was only allowed to upload max height of 280px...that is why

ardianto
01-15-2010, 04:53 PM
I tried to use attachment key but it didn't worked. So, I copied sister Funky's link.

Thank sister Salihah and sister Funky.

Fטлку
01-15-2010, 04:55 PM
^ You're welcome :D

And Salihah, look here:

Salihah
01-15-2010, 06:51 PM
:D thank you...ok, so maybe its a problem with my browser or because I m not full member...
such a long way to get 50 posts for someone who is talking very very few :phew
There is a project of building a very nice mosque close to my home.
When its finished I will send some pictures.

The mosques I was allowed to visit had been very simple, just a room with some carpets -
so I would love to see a nice one with calligraphy and many traditional decorations..

aadil77
01-15-2010, 06:53 PM
it might be better if everyone uploads their pics to this thread, so we can have them all in one place

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ly-places.html

Supreme
01-16-2010, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
it might be better if everyone uploads their pics to this thread, so we can have them all in one place

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ly-places.html
I second this notion.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.