/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When you're feeling down..what ayat consoles you?

Medina83
08-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Salam brothers and sisters

I just wondered if you could share verses that help you feel better when you feel a bit down and out, or a little depressed

I'm a little bit down and the Quran is so soothing

Here's one that helps me:
Al-Baqarah: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
united
08-10-2007, 09:58 AM
On no soul doth Allah Place a burden greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns.”

Surah Al-Baqarah (2:286)

“So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief: (repeated) Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.”
Surah Al-Insyirah (94:5-6)

Al-Zaara
08-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Selam aleykum,

Aww nice thread mashaAllah. :)

For me it's this one.

"...And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping. Nor will you worship that which I worship... "

Surah Al-Kafiroun (109).

ummAbdillah
08-10-2007, 04:07 PM
:salamext:
the Ayahs on my signature! SubhanaAllah!

Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

And...

"Never will I allow to be lost the work of any of you, male or female"
(al-lmran 195)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rubiesand
08-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Wa alaikum assalam,

(70.5)
"Therefore do thou hold patience, - a patience of beautiful contentment"

in Arabic sounds like:
Fasbir sabran jameela

chand
08-10-2007, 05:51 PM
وَمَن يَعْمَلْ سُوءاً أَوْ يَظْلِمْ نَفْسَهُ ثُمَّ يَسْتَغْفِرِ اللّهَ يَجِدِ اللّهَ غَفُوراً رَّحِيماً

4.110 . Yet whoso doeth evil or wrongeth his own soul , then seeketh pardon of Allah , will find Allah Forgiving , Merciful

Humairah
08-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Surah Ash-Sharh: "So, verily, with the hardship there is relief. Verily, with the hardship, there is relief." 5-6

Humairah
08-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Surah Al Baraqa: Or do you think that you shall enter the Garden of bliss without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? 2:214

Humairah
08-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Also, i love this saying by the Prophet(s.a.w): "Know that victory comes with patience, relief with distress and ease with hardship.”

Ebtisweetsam
08-10-2007, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humairah
Surah Ash-Sharh: "So, verily, with the hardship there is relief. Verily, with the hardship, there is relief." 5-6
This is one i love too- actually the first time i really paid attention to it, was when i had just had a car accident, and was driving home in my smashed car... i was really upset and i heard this surah on a tape as i was asking Allah SWT to ease my situation.

I immediately got out my tafseer book when i got home and looked up the meaning.... and it made me cry so much... i so love that verse!:thumbs_up

eyeofthestorm
08-10-2007, 08:07 PM
well i dnt know if mine is an ayat but i read it sumwhere its the pens been lifted and the pages have dried kinda assures me dt everything good n bad is meant to be.

7ai_3la_Alsalah
08-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Alsalamu Alikum Wa Wb

أَمَّن يُجِيبُ الْمُضْطَرَّ إِذَا دَعَاهُ وَيَكْشِفُ السُّوءَ وَيَجْعَلُكُمْ خُلَفَاء الأَرْضِ أَإِلَهٌ مَّعَ اللَّهِ قَلِيلا مَّا تَذَكَّرُونَ

أَمَّن يَهْدِيكُمْ فِي ظُلُمَاتِ الْبَرِّ وَالْبَحْرِ وَمَن يُرْسِلُ الرِّيَاحَ بُشْرًا بَيْنَ يَدَيْ رَحْمَتِهِ أَإِلَهٌ مَّعَ اللَّهِ تَعَالَى اللَّهُ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ

27:62 Nay - who is it that responds to the distressed when he calls out to Him, and who removes the ill [that caused the distress], and has made you inherit the earth? [57] Could there be any divine power besides God? How seldom do you keep this in mind! 27:63 Nay - who is it that guides you in the midst of the deep darkness of land and sea, [58] and sends forth the winds as a glad tiding of His coming grace? [59] Could there be any divine power besides God? Sublimely exalted is God above anything to which men may ascribe a share in His divinity! {An-Naml}

Wassalam

Humairah
08-10-2007, 09:18 PM

“And for those who fear Allah, He (ever) prepares
A way out, And He provides for Him from (sources) he
never could imagine. And if Anyone puts his trust In
Allah, sufficient is (Allah) For him. For Allah will
Surely accomplish His purpose: Verily, for all things
has Allah appointed A due proportion.” Surah at-Talaaq 2-3

“And for those who Fear Allah, He will Make their
path easy.” Surah at-Talaaq 4

“That is the Command Of Allah, which He has sent
down to you: And if any fears Allah He will remove
his ills From him, and will enlarge His reward.” Surah at-Talaaq 5

F.Y.
08-11-2007, 06:46 AM
surah duha - the comforting ayahs the prophet (saw) received when he waited for Allah to 'contact' him again and everyone was calling him mad.

Eric H
08-11-2007, 10:01 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Medina, and thank you for starting this thread.

I have copies these quotes from the forum, and I believe they are understandable to people of all faiths. Sadly at the time I did not copy the name of the person who posted them or were they came from.

I asked for Strength.........
And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom.........
And Allah gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.........
And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.........
And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love.........
And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours.........
And Allah gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed
My Prayer has been answered.
Pray for Others to Heal Yourself.

The Prophet was always concerned about other people, Muslims and non-Muslims, and would regularly pray for them. Praying for others connects you with them and helps you understand their suffering. This in itself has a healing component to it. The Prophet has said that praying for someone who is not present increases love.
Assalaamu Alaikuum Warahamtul Lahi Wabarakatuh

Be Thankful

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire,If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary
Because it means you've made a difference.

It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.

GRATITUDE can turn a ! negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles and they can become your blessings.
Blessings and peace be with you,

Eric

------
08-11-2007, 05:32 PM
:salamext:

'Verily, Allaah is with the Patient."

[Qur'an, 8:46]

highway_trekker
08-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Verily! men who surrender unto Allaah, and women who surrender,
And men who believe and women who believe,
And men who obey and women who obey,
And men who speak the truth and women who speak the truth,
And men who persevere (in righteousness) and women who persevere,
And men who are humble and women who are humble,
And men who give sadaqah and women who give sadaqah,
And men who fast and women who fast,
And men who guard their modesty and women who guard (their modesty),
And men who remember Allaah much and women who remember-
Allaah has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward.

Soorah 33: Verse 35

highway_trekker
08-12-2007, 11:52 PM
“What is with you comes to an end. But what is with Allaah (of good deeds) is everlasting...” -
[Soorah An-Nahl [16] Verse 96]

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
08-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Mashallah i loved reading every post, they put my heart at ease mashallah:D . inshallah i will post some soon.

highway_trekker
08-14-2007, 12:29 PM
"I only complain of my grief and sorrow to Allaah".
(Soorah 12:86)

highway_trekker
08-14-2007, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ourra-Tul-'Ain
Mashallah i loved reading every post, they put my heart at ease mashallah:D . inshallah i will post some soon.
Allaah's Speech has that effect...:)

ummAbdillah
08-14-2007, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by highway_trekker
SubhaAllah,,

abu abdurrahman
08-14-2007, 03:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by highway_trekker

Assalamu alaikum,

This one only makes me cry.

Protected_Diamond
08-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Yeah subhana' Allah the Quran sharif heals all your pain. Its sooo amazing :) Love listening to Surat Yaseen

highway_trekker
08-15-2007, 02:45 PM
"And hold firmly to Allaah, He is your Mawlaa (Protector) and what an excellent Mawlaa and what an excellent Naseer (Helper)." (Soorah 22:78)

Protected_Diamond
08-15-2007, 10:00 PM
...and if you try to count the blessings of Allah, never will you be able to count them... Surah Ibrahim

highway_trekker
08-15-2007, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Protected_Diamond
...and if you try to count the blessings of Allah, never will you be able to count them... Surah Ibrahim
subhana'Allaah

جوري
07-09-2010, 07:38 PM

9:40 (Asad) If you do not succour the Apostle, [60] then [know that God will do so -just as] God succoured him at the time when those who were bent on denying the truth drove him away, [and he was but] one of two: [61] when these two were [hiding] in the cave, [and] the Apostle said to his companion, "Grieve not: verily, God is with us." [62] And thereupon God bestowed upon him from on high His (gift of] inner peace, [63] and brought utterly low the cause of those who were bent on denying the truth, whereas the cause of God remained supreme: [64] for God is almighty, wise. -

and

Search For: 93 - -
93:1 (Asad) CONSIDER the bright morning hours, -

93:2 (Asad) and the night when it grows still and dark. [1] -

93:3 (Asad) Thy Sustainer has not forsaken thee, nor does He scorn thee: [2] -

93:4 (Asad) for, indeed, the life to come will be better for thee than this earlier part [of thy life]! -

93:5 (Asad) And, indeed, in time will thy Sustainer grant thee [what thy heart desires], and thou shalt be well-pleased. -

93:6 (Asad) Has He not found thee an orphan, and given thee shelter? [3] -

93:7 (Asad) And found thee lost on thy way, and guided thee? -

93:8 (Asad) And found thee in want, and given thee sufficiency? -

93:9 (Asad) Therefore, the orphan shalt thou never wrong, -

93:10 (Asad) and him that seeks [thy] help shalt thou never chide, [4] -

93:11 (Asad) and of thy Sustainer's blessings shalt thou [ever] speak. [5] -

amongst a few others.. (hard to choose) but the first one is really special to me .. I had, had a really bad day once and was googling for suret al burooj by this reader because it reminded me of my childhood in Ramadan in the old country and I thought it would make me feel better when I happened upon the verse.. 'Grieve not, surely Allah is with us'' I trusted then that I was meant to hear those words..

:w:

Insaanah
04-21-2012, 06:32 PM
:sl:

Nice thread.

Sahih International
Say, "Never will we be struck except by what Allah has decreed for us; He is our protector." And upon Allah let the believers rely. (9 (at-Tawbah):51)
__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sahih International
No disaster strikes except by permission of Allah . And whoever believes in Allah - He will guide his heart. And Allah is Knowing of all things. (64 (at-Taghaabun): 11)
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Sahih International
O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient. (2:153)
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

So be patient with gracious patience. (70:5)
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Sahih International

Know that the life of this world is but amusement and diversion and adornment and boasting to one another and competition in increase of wealth and children - like the example of a rain whose [resulting] plant growth pleases the tillers; then it dries and you see it turned yellow; then it becomes [scattered] debris. And in the Hereafter is severe punishment and forgiveness from Allah and approval. And what is the worldly life except the enjoyment of delusion.

Race toward forgiveness from your Lord and a Garden whose width is like the width of the heavens and earth, prepared for those who believed in Allah and His messengers. That is the bounty of Allah which He gives to whom He wills, and Allah is the possessor of great bounty.

No disaster strikes upon the earth or among yourselves except that it is in a register before We bring it into being - indeed that, for Allah , is easy -

In order that you not despair over what has eluded you and not exult [in pride] over what He has given you. And Allah does not like everyone self-deluded and boastful. (57 (Al-Hadeed): 20-23)
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient,

Who, when disaster strikes them, say, "Indeed we belong to Allah , and indeed to Him we will return."

Those are the ones upon whom are blessings from their Lord and mercy. And it is those who are the [rightly] guided. (2:155-157)

جوري
04-22-2012, 03:49 AM

this is from Ayas 26-52
I'll quote from the noble Quran the verses from verse 32 & you can hear it in his voice.. it is very hard to listen to this and not be moved even a mountain would tremble.

14:32 to top

Sahih International
It is Allah who created the heavens and the earth and sent down rain from the sky and produced thereby some fruits as provision for you and subjected for you the ships to sail through the sea by His command and subjected for you the rivers.

14:33 to top

Sahih International
And He subjected for you the sun and the moon, continuous [in orbit], and subjected for you the night and the day.

14:34 to top

Sahih International
And He gave you from all you asked of Him. And if you should count the favor of Allah , you could not enumerate them. Indeed, mankind is [generally] most unjust and ungrateful.

14:35 to top

Sahih International
And [mention, O Muhammad], when Abraham said, "My Lord, make this city [Makkah] secure and keep me and my sons away from worshipping idols.

14:36 to top

Sahih International
My Lord, indeed they have led astray many among the people. So whoever follows me - then he is of me; and whoever disobeys me - indeed, You are [yet] Forgiving and Merciful.

14:37 to top

Sahih International
Our Lord, I have settled some of my descendants in an uncultivated valley near Your sacred House, our Lord, that they may establish prayer. So make hearts among the people incline toward them and provide for them from the fruits that they might be grateful.

14:38 to top

Sahih International
Our Lord, indeed You know what we conceal and what we declare, and nothing is hidden from Allah on the earth or in the heaven.

14:39 to top

Sahih International
Praise to Allah , who has granted to me in old age Ishmael and Isaac. Indeed, my Lord is the Hearer of supplication.

14:40 to top

Sahih International
My Lord, make me an establisher of prayer, and [many] from my descendants. Our Lord, and accept my supplication.

14:41 to top

Sahih International
Our Lord, forgive me and my parents and the believers the Day the account is established."

14:42 to top

Sahih International
And never think that Allah is unaware of what the wrongdoers do. He only delays them for a Day when eyes will stare [in horror].

14:43 to top

Sahih International
Racing ahead, their heads raised up, their glance does not come back to them, and their hearts are void.

14:44 to top

Sahih International
And, [O Muhammad], warn the people of a Day when the punishment will come to them and those who did wrong will say, "Our Lord, delay us for a short term; we will answer Your call and follow the messengers." [But it will be said], "Had you not sworn, before, that for you there would be no cessation?

14:45 to top

Sahih International
And you lived among the dwellings of those who wronged themselves, and it had become clear to you how We dealt with them. And We presented for you [many] examples."

14:46 to top

Sahih International
And they had planned their plan, but with Allah is [recorded] their plan, even if their plan had been [sufficient] to do away with the mountains.

14:47 to top

Sahih International
So never think that Allah will fail in His promise to His messengers. Indeed, Allah is Exalted in Might and Owner of Retribution.

14:48 to top

Sahih International
[It will be] on the Day the earth will be replaced by another earth, and the heavens [as well], and all creatures will come out before Allah , the One, the Prevailing.

14:49 to top

Sahih International
And you will see the criminals that Day bound together in shackles,

14:50 to top

Sahih International
Their garments of liquid pitch and their faces covered by the Fire.

14:51 to top

Sahih International
So that Allah will recompense every soul for what it earned. Indeed, Allah is swift in account.

14:52 to top

Sahih International
This [Qur'an] is notification for the people that they may be warned thereby and that they may know that He is but one God and that those of understanding will be reminded.

م....

Periwinkle18
04-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest! surah Al-Rad ayat 28

Insaanah
04-22-2012, 03:53 PM
:sl:

So he invoked his Lord, "Indeed, I am overcome, so help (me)!" (54 [al-Qamar]:10)

Ghazalah
04-22-2012, 10:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humairah
Surah Al Baraqa: Or do you think that you shall enter the Garden of bliss without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? 2:214
format_quote Originally Posted by 7ai_3la_Alsalah
who is it that responds to the distressed when he calls out to Him, and who removes the ill [that caused the distress], and has made you inherit the earth? [57] Could there be any divine power besides God? How seldom do you keep this in mind!
Ya salam...

MustafaMc
04-22-2012, 11:52 PM
I will fudge and take three ayah, 93:3-5 "Your Guardian-Lord has not forsaken you, nor is He displeased. And verily the Hereafter will be better for you than the present. And soon your Guardian-Lord will give you (that wherewith) you shall be well-pleased."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.