/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When death is after you...

afriend
08-10-2007, 11:31 AM
:sl:

Thought I'd write it up, for the second time :rollseyes Hope the forum doesn't time travel again insha'Allah.

This was a first hand experience of something which made me think of death, and then got to me on a mental level...I hope you enjoy and learn from my experience insha'Allah. :)

It all started when I was thinking about a hadeeth that shows RasoolAllah(SAW)'s awareness of death and its nearness, I don't know the exact hadeeth but it was the hadeeth where RasoolAllah(SAW) was on a journey and the time for salah came in, so he performed tayammum (dry ablution) and was advised to wait a little while until they reached their destination but he still prayed during the journey thinking that maybe he wont live to reach the destination.

As I thought about this hadeeth more and more, I started to adopt the same ideology as RasoolAllah(SAW) and as I walked to asr salah that day i felt a strange black figure surround me, going around me. I said to myself, this is the closeness of death to me, it's right behind me. As I prayed 'asr, the quality of my salah increased, and thereafter I found myself doing more ibadah (worship) and istighfaar (seeking forgiveness).

On my way home, i felt as though my heart was stopping, and couldn't breathe. I suddenly started to feel very scared, not only of the thought of death itself, but the path after death, the life of the grave. Was I ready for death? Not even in the slightest was I prepared for death. I felt hopeless for a while, everything that I ever wanted in my life didn't mean anything to me...I was too stressed thinking about what would become of me if I were to die at this moment, I have so much to answer to, and hardly anything to save me against the punnishment of my sins which I had not yet sought forgiveness for. With no amount of medical advice or support to help me now, I could only turn to Allah, and ask him to give me more time, just a little bit more to seek forgiveness for my sins, and to gain that extra bit of 'ajr that would help me greatly.

I spent my time after Maghrib and Esha in Allah's worship, reciting Quran. I didn't want to go to sleep that night, but eventually in the end I fell asleep. I didn't expect to wake up the following morning.

When I openned my eyes, I appreciated my awakenning more than I have ever appreciated waking up in my entire life.

This was a wake up call for me, and I hope it is a wake up call for you too...Pray and seek forgiveness before it's too late.

May Allah forgive our sins and give us the ability to die with good iman with the last words to leave our mouths, the words Laa ilaaha IllaAllah Muhammad(SAW) ar rasool Allah. Ameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
08-10-2007, 11:33 AM
Oooh de ja vou

:D JazakAllah bhai for the second time.

rozeena
08-10-2007, 11:45 AM
thanks for that bro. its seriously making me think.jus shows you never know when you willl die so you should always do good and prepare for it, eventhough we all know this we still dont act upon it and think we have a long time to go .But thanks for that bro its given us a reminder.

Faffy.K
08-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Jazakallah for tht... makes u think.. hmm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
08-10-2007, 01:23 PM
subhanAllah!

reminds me of the black man in white clothes :p *u kno wat im on about :p*

jzcasejz
08-10-2007, 01:24 PM
As-Salaamu'alaykum

Top stuff lil' Bro! :D And that's very true, death can approach us at anytime but the question is - are we ready?

JazaakAllaah Khayr!

chaste
08-10-2007, 05:15 PM
me too. how can we ever be ready for death?... it's really daunting but yes one day death will come to us. and i pray that the doors of heaven is open for all Muslims :w:

viking
08-11-2007, 09:13 PM
death itself as dignity for us all, all men face death alone. i dont fear death,

mo_123
08-11-2007, 10:03 PM
death has approchaed me 6 times...

1. when i was 21, docs gave me 50/50 chance on survival
  2. i was viciously assaulted by approx 23 youths, thats left me for dead
  3. i was free fall rock climbing and i lost my grip, my friend held onto my arm and pulled me, bbelow was certain death
  4. had a head on car colission with a lamp post at 50 mph
  5. my kidneys nearly failed on me from nicotine poisioning
  6. i was diagnosed with cancer

i can say after all the above.....i am in perfect health by the will of Allah swt. and inshallah getting closer to my maker as each days goes by...

there is a reason for life......the reason for mine is not complete yet...

only allah knows why i have been given so many chances!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.