08-10-2007, 12:02 PM
:sl:

I can't see them either :(

Pk_#2
08-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Oh yeah neither can i :)

Oh and bro Abdullah...Lu'on = Luton! where i live :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AhlaamBella
08-10-2007, 12:33 PM
I was about to ask that. They are really useful lol esp the top 5 threads

Pk_#2
08-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Well member page stats are still there :)

08-10-2007, 12:58 PM
I was just wondering where they had gone :?

Malaikah
08-10-2007, 01:20 PM

So what happened? I can't see it! Please don't tell me it is gone, it is the one thing that I love about this forum more than any other!!

piXie
08-10-2007, 01:32 PM
wat happened to teh last 5 posts thing??
:w:

wat happened to using the search feature thing ? :p

lol, already been asked here :

http://www.islamicboard.com/technica...p-5-stats.html

jzcasejz
08-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Ahh so that's what gone lol, couldn't quite figure it out. Thought it looked abit different...

Woodrow
08-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Who is the wise guy with the eraser? :giggling:

I think that the admin may be deleting a few of the functions as the forum was highly modified from the standard vBulletin® and had been causing server problems and lost data. Just my opinion and based on an uneducated guess.

Strzelecki
08-10-2007, 02:11 PM
^ Ah. :)

Hope to see this back.
It was useful as with the top 5 threads!

------
08-10-2007, 02:31 PM

want it bak!!!!!!!!

piXie
08-10-2007, 02:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

want it bak!!!!!!!!

hv patience please. :)

u can check for latest replies here

Pk_#2
08-10-2007, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

hv patience please. :)

u can check for latest replies here

No u can't :p

Links broken or not working :D

Al_Imaan
08-10-2007, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

I'm starting to really not like these changes ^o) kinda annoying if you ask me...
i agree w/ ya 100%......this is gettin' on ma nerves...:enough!: ...don't the members suggestions count???

piXie
08-10-2007, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
No u can't :p

Links broken or not working :D
oops, fiXed :X

------
08-10-2007, 03:43 PM
:salamext:

links stil not workin piXie

ADMINS WILL U SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Al-Zaara
08-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Hmm, easy now... Sabr members. The Admins are doing this for us, to create a stronger, better LI Forum, inshaAllah. :)

Now we can take the chance and search through sections, which we maybe forgot to do before when having that great option to just click what's new. Old, good threads are waiting for y'all. :p

Alhamdulillah at least not all of Li is down. :D

NoName55
08-10-2007, 03:55 PM
can try this too (make it home page) for New Posts
http://www.islamicboard.com/search/get-new-posts/

or for Today's Posts

http://www.islamicboard.com/search/get-todays-posts/

located at top of page near log out button

IceQueen~
08-10-2007, 03:56 PM
you mean it's permanent!? :offended: or are they gonna change it back? please do- we'd all really appreciate it:) inshaAllah

NoName55
08-10-2007, 04:14 PM
^^ I do not and can not possibly know that.
I never liked It. it took to much space at top in combination with the Advert.

I hope it will go at bottom of page at any future date (when it comes back)

edit:

I wish the advert was placed in center of banner space and the original banner (not the current one) on either side (bothe sides)

jzcasejz
08-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Wll hey, maybe it's just a technical hitch - let's just wait for the Admin to come. But if the Admin did change the stats thing then that's a shame, it was an LI exclusive thingy. :-\

------
08-10-2007, 07:26 PM

wteva it is.....some changes are definitely NOT being made for the better..

its true though....u dont appreciate wot u got until its GONE :-\

Al_Imaan
08-10-2007, 07:37 PM
wat if everything is changed to its old self?...how 'bout it?...:D...i know that's a good idea...

mohammed farah
08-10-2007, 08:09 PM
I'm really getting fed up with all these changes, First the logo and now this! Weren't we told the forum won't be changed much?

08-10-2007, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_imaan_786
wat if everything is changed to its old self?...how 'bout it?...:D...i know that's a good idea...
I'm for it :D

But i don't think the top 5 stats thing was changed purposely *hopes* As someone said it was exclusive to LI.. i hope we get it back :statisfie

abs
08-11-2007, 12:22 AM
even i was jus about 2 make 1

Khayal
08-11-2007, 02:47 AM

Without the top 5 stats bar, the LI forum looks Blind...:X

Please bring it back..

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-11-2007, 02:57 AM

I don't see what all the fuss was about? It was just a few sentances on the top of the main page. Doesn't the feelings of your brethrin in Islam mean more to you? If so, please have sabr. Only a handful of people on this forum know what it's like to be a moderator, not to mention being an admin. Plus, he's doing this fee sabeelillah. He doesn't ask you to give him money, so at least give him your support. Remember, he's doing the best he can in his own free time.

If you have a suggestion, khayr. Just put it forward in a calm and polite manner inshaAllah.

-S-
08-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Salams

I've pulled it for a while im checking to see if the speeds of the forum increases, since putting that thing on type uses extra mysql queries to pull the data! I pulled it off for the timebeingshould put it bak on sometime..im just removing things temporary to see what the cause of the forum slowing down

anyone notice the increased speed since i pulled it or is it the same

mohammed farah
08-11-2007, 06:55 AM
It's the same bro, And I'm being honest! LI forum has never been slow for me.

$tranger
08-11-2007, 07:32 AM

opps. i didn't create this thread for people to start complain about the changes on the forum :zip: i was just curious where it had gone, or if it was just me who couldn't see it. sorry bro -S- seems like uv got more of a headache :p

------
08-11-2007, 09:31 AM

Its exactly the same, no difference -S- bro

AhlaamBella
08-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Yeah, the same. Ummm...out of curiosity, how long are these changes going to happen?

Malaikah
08-11-2007, 02:08 PM

Forum is working as good as ever for me -S-.

Also, jazakallah khayr for your efforts in making this forum a better place!

Skywalker
08-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Actually, the only threads I used to post in were the ones I saw in the top 5!! I haven't been posting much lately, and I've noticed that it's because something's missing...

If I had it my way, I'd have the top 10 threads on the top, but in two categories - top 10 most recently updated, and top 10 most frequently updated :)

Then if I could REALLY have it my way, I'd do a complete redesign of the forums. Instead of showing just the name of the forum and the last updated thread, show the name of the forum and the top 5 last updated threads. This way, you can see the top 5 threads in each category, which makes for easy navigation and encourages participation ;)

Skywalker
08-11-2007, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -S-
I've pulled it for a while im checking to see if the speeds of the forum increases, since putting that thing on type uses extra mysql queries to pull the data! I pulled it off for the timebeingshould put it bak on sometime..im just removing things temporary to see what the cause of the forum slowing down
Actually the main page does appear to load faster for me, but I don't think that it will affect the forum as a whole. I mean when u open ur control panel, there's a good load of queries sent right there.

Did you think about maybe sending statistical queries every minute or two and caching the results, then having each visitor presented with the cached results instead of sending individual queries? Maybe you could even do it every 20 seconds or something to be more accurate, but still only let the visitors view the cache. This way, you're sending only 1 set of queries (the cache) instead of the same set of queries from each and every visitor.

Or maybe that's the way it's working already...

(I just realised that online services like Facebook use the same approach)

------
08-11-2007, 03:03 PM

Top 5 OR 10 - bring something back plz!! imsad

Woodrow
08-11-2007, 03:41 PM

I have days when I use different internet connections. Sometimes I am on very slow speed dial-up and on those days, the more that is removed, the better I like it. Every little added bonus on a page kills a slow dial up connection.

On the days I get to use high speed cable (like today) the pages load faster than I can read, no matter what extras are added, so for high speed connections the stats feature makes no difference in noticeable speed. On a dial up that little feature, slows the performance down to a crawl.

Pk_#2
08-11-2007, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

I have days when I use different internet connections. Sometimes I am on very slow speed dial-up and on those days, the more that is removed, the better I like it. Every little added bonus on a page kills a slow dial up connection.

On the days I get to use high speed cable (like today) the pages load faster than I can read, no matter what extras are added, so for high speed connections the stats feature makes no difference in noticeable speed. On a dial up that little feature, slows the performance down to a crawl.
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

It's the same for me bro -S- :)

Omdays! Bro woodrow Your a super Moddy!!!!!!!! :D Congruts mate !!!:shade:

:muddlehea

The Ruler
08-11-2007, 04:35 PM

Awesome! Its gone... meaning more work for my poor winning fingers... making them work harder and more efficient. Yippeedoodleness.

------
08-11-2007, 04:36 PM

Want the top stats back pleasE? Please might help :(

Woodrow
08-11-2007, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Hey uncle Woodrow just gave me a great idea!

We have different skins available for use, those with fast connections can pick the skin with all the additional gadgets etc. And those using a slower connection can make use of a different skin without all the extras...Dunno how that will fit into the system though, don't even know if it's possible :-\ but it's worth a try if it is possible.

And don't ask why my text is i bold :confused: why does that happen every so often

Great suggestion Bro. Iqram. I don't know if it can be done, but it sounds like a very good solution. It will be interesting to see if Bro.-S- likes it.

Skywalker
08-11-2007, 05:23 PM
I think that there used to be a 56K skin on the forum -- without any colors or graphics or anything, just words -- but I don't know what happened to it. And yes, it can be implemented very easily, however it doesn't make a difference when it comes to sql queries, which as I understand it is the source of a lot of the forum's problems.

Yanal
08-12-2007, 12:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by -S-
Salams

anyone notice the increased speed since i pulled it or is it the same
Well i think it is only a 1-3sec differences which doesn't matter sir and most of LI likes the top 5 new members top 5 posters and top 5threads cuz the threads we can look easier rather than searching the forums and the time it takes to find a thread is way harder since the top 5threads has been move so can you put it back JazakAllah Khar brother in advanced

Over in out Sir

$tranger
08-12-2007, 04:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Great suggestion Bro. Iqram. I don't know if it can be done, but it sounds like a very good solution. It will be interesting to see if Bro.-S- likes it.

yep, it can be done if they are 'hacks/mods' and are not default gadgets which come with vBulletin. which i am sure they are 'hacks/mods'

Re.TiReD
08-12-2007, 04:08 PM
hey I have another good suggestion....we should have the 'nudge' that there is on msn...there myt be less of a need for PM's then lol kool huh?

Abdul-Raouf
08-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Its Good that its Gone .... I dont want it back..(no worries abt the look)

-S-
08-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Salams

ok guys ill bring it back on inshallah

Regarding the skin i had to pull some of them off mainly due to the reason cos the templates were not compatible with the latest vbulletin files......

which reminds me im gonna have to upgrade the board in the next few days soo and customising the skin can be a headache!

so what ill do maybe put a few skins ill leave this ill do a low version i.e those on slow pcs with minimal hacks then ill do a full on skin version with everyhthing

howz bouts thatz!

czgibson
08-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Greetings,

The top 5 stats are back!

Woohoo! :D

Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.