/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I Do Or I Dont

ZOREENA
08-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Firstly I'm not sure where I should have posted this....but Inshallah I hope itz ok...

Well I'm just wondering....a friend of mine...a non muslim...a male...is thinkin about becomin a muslim and maybe to be with me...apart from the haram side of maybe being a friend of hiz...(bearin in mind i was a catholic)...

Im wondering in Islam do we have to marry for love...or Islam..should we love first....etc...I dont wanna risk not ever bein married so i dont know what to do!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tania
08-10-2007, 04:54 PM
You should leave a little the time to pass and your feelings to clear up. :sunny:

ZOREENA
08-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Im not sure what u mean...but I dont know what im feelin or what im gonna do...wood i be lettn him down...

chaste
08-10-2007, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZOREENA
Firstly I'm not sure where I should have posted this....but Inshallah I hope itz ok...

Well I'm just wondering....a friend of mine...a non muslim...a male...is thinkin about becomin a muslim and maybe to be with me...apart from the haram side of maybe being a friend of hiz...(bearin in mind i was a catholic)...im wondering do we have to marry for love...or Islam..should we love first....etc...I dont wanna risk not ever bein married so i dont know what to do!
:sl: to my knowledge you are not suppose to be even talking to him. i don't know try to get some pious knowledgable ppl to help him and you. if Allah wills what ever happens, happens for the best. just pray and guard yourself as shaytan is always trying to mislead us. InshaAllah you will get married and get married to a muslim person.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ZOREENA
08-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Yes sister...I know i shouldn't, but because of being a catholic and being a revert...i havnt 100% cut off everything....but I dont know whether I should be looking for love or just a husband??

chaste
08-10-2007, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ZOREENA
Yes sister...I know i shouldn't, but because of being a catholic and being a revert...i havnt 100% cut off everything....but I dont know whether I should be looking for love or just a husband??
sister try and focus yourself in Islam now try to understand what Islam is about, try and pray to get closer to Allah. you will see everything will fall in to place. accept Islam as it is your life. do not be trying to look for love that's what shaytan wants. seek advice from imams? you probably want to hear it's ok, but if you start doing something which is against Islam how will that make you a stronger muslim?

ZOREENA
08-10-2007, 05:23 PM
There are no imams to talk to...in Belfast wer lucki to have a mosque..there is no one to talk to..therez no proper facilitiez...

I'm reali stuck...I just need to know if women get married evn tho they dont love...

Medina83
08-10-2007, 11:13 PM
SubhanAllah hi sis Zoreena!!!!

You are the first other muslima i have seen on this forum from Ireland..(I'm in Dublin and I know Belfast is UK but still you got the shamrock thing going on there!!!! I was catholic before aswell...

Hiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!

For your question...my opinion.....

1. Pray Istikhara
2. Don't get involved with him unless he becomes Muslim (but only if its for sake of Allah..not just to be with you...sorry if thats harsh :X )
3. Let him settle into Islam for a while to understand his role/responsibility
4. Marry only if you feel you could love him one day inshaAllah...(if you don't already love him)

Don't marry out of fear you will never find another husband...remember Allah swt provides for all the believers...Trust Him!!

Tania
08-11-2007, 05:15 AM
You should marry only when you find a man which to be more for you like a friend. Don't marry only because you have to marry. Go for "love"

ZOREENA
08-17-2007, 10:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Medina83
SubhanAllah hi sis Zoreena!!!!

You are the first other muslima i have seen on this forum from Ireland..(I'm in Dublin and I know Belfast is UK but still you got the shamrock thing going on there!!!! I was catholic before aswell...

Hiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!

For your question...my opinion.....

1. Pray Istikhara
2. Don't get involved with him unless he becomes Muslim (but only if its for sake of Allah..not just to be with you...sorry if thats harsh :X )
3. Let him settle into Islam for a while to understand his role/responsibility
4. Marry only if you feel you could love him one day inshaAllah...(if you don't already love him)

Don't marry out of fear you will never find another husband...remember Allah swt provides for all the believers...Trust Him!!
Salaam Sis

Ur a leprechaun like me....lol..well i consider up here the same as down there and maybe we can be one...one day lol...private mail me if u can...reali...there isnt enuff irish ppl about...

I dont love him....but im wondering if Allah has sent him...do u know what I mean....aghhhhhhhhhhh....dont know if what my role is here...

IbnAbdulHakim
08-17-2007, 11:25 AM
marry the one your inclined towards as long as his a muslim who you feel will help you reach jannah (this means he is willing to understand and act upon islam)

all the best sis !!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.