/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Child abuse

chand
08-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Life for mother who murdered toddler

A woman and her partner have been jailed for life over the murder of the woman's four-year-old daughter.

Sharon Wright, 23, and her partner Peter McKenzie-Seaton, 22, will serve a minimum of 23 years each over the murder of Leticia Aaliyah Wright.

Paramedics found the little girl lying bruised and naked on the living room floor at their home in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, on the night of November 18 last year.

She was taken to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary where she died of multiple injuries.

During the four-week trial at Bradford Crown Court, the jury was told the youngster died after suffering "sustained, deliberate and brutal" abuse which left her with injuries equivalent to a major road traffic accident.

She was covered in bruises - old and new - as well as cigarette burns and bite marks. Doctors described the back of her head as a "boggy mass". Her scalp showed signs of infection.

Forensics officers found clumps of Leticia's hair in a wheelie bin outside the house. Traces of her blood were left on her soiled clothes, on a pair of fur-lined handcuffs retrieved from the kitchen and in "swipe marks" left by her hair on the living room wall.

Her body was covered from head to toe in more than 100 injuries, which police believe were inflicted in the last four weeks of her life.

Wright blamed Seaton for the injuries, accusing him of going into a rage because he did not have any cannabis. The court heard he smoked up to £140 worth of skunk - a potent form of the drug - every week.

Seaton admitted biting Leticia but denied causing the fatal injuries. He told the court he was never left to look after her alone.

In the weeks preceding her death, neighbours saw Leticia standing in a "vigil" at her bedroom window. There was little sign of family life at the house and the curtains were always drawn.

The girl looked sad but would smile and wave back at the neighbours who waved up at her. Two of them were so concerned for her welfare that they contacted Kirklees Council, and on October 13 two social workers visited the house.

Linda Blackie and Nicola Stephenson found Leticia to be of normal weight with no obvious marks, but she was initially quiet and when asked to fetch her toys she came back with hair grabs and a pink cup.

After checking back that Leticia had been registered with a local nursery, Leticia's file was closed. She stopped attending the nursery after one week.

Paul Johnson, head of safeguarding at Kirklees Council and a member of the Kirklees Safeguarding Children Board, defended the local authority's handling of the case.

He said a council review carried out by an "independent professional" concluded Leticia's death "could not have been foreseen. But he conceded how "certain aspects could have been handled differently".

He said: "The death of any young child under whatever circumstances is very sad and tragic.

"In Leticia's case, because different services had contact with the family, we decided that the review would be conducted by an independent professional totally unconnected with the council.

"In all cases of this nature issues arise about how certain aspects could have been handled differently."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
08-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Make sure to provide the source next time. The only reason I approved this thread without a source provided is because I intended to make a thread about the same subject. Usually I'll just delete them and ask the member to provide a link.

Anyway, here's one source

Their behaviour was just absolutely vile. How could they put the poor girl through that?

I hope measures are put into place to prevent future tragedies of this kind.

Zulkiflim
08-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Salaam,

sad to lose such a young life but assruedly,Inshallah,jannah await her..

for the parent your punishment in Hell is far worse than what man can do..

You seeking your own selfish lust and need at the expense of other,may muslim learn from this and forget not the greater good..

smile
08-10-2007, 07:01 PM
shame! poor child

who bites their child ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chand
08-10-2007, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Make sure to provide the source next time.
sorry this is the source
http://news.uk.msn.com/Article.aspx?...mentid=5852385

AhlaamBella
08-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Astagfirullah. It's horrific. My Mum was telling me about this this morning. I felt sick.

Yanal
08-12-2007, 12:08 AM
:sl: :sl:

Man how harsh man why did she do that? proberly you told but i didn't read the whole thing

~Juwairiyah~
08-12-2007, 06:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chand
Life for mother who murdered toddler

A woman and her partner have been jailed for life over the murder of the woman's four-year-old daughter.

Sharon Wright, 23, and her partner Peter McKenzie-Seaton, 22, will serve a minimum of 23 years each over the murder of Leticia Aaliyah Wright.

Paramedics found the little girl lying bruised and naked on the living room floor at their home in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, on the night of November 18 last year.

She was taken to Huddersfield Royal Infirmary where she died of multiple injuries.

During the four-week trial at Bradford Crown Court, the jury was told the youngster died after suffering "sustained, deliberate and brutal" abuse which left her with injuries equivalent to a major road traffic accident.

She was covered in bruises - old and new - as well as cigarette burns and bite marks. Doctors described the back of her head as a "boggy mass". Her scalp showed signs of infection.

Forensics officers found clumps of Leticia's hair in a wheelie bin outside the house. Traces of her blood were left on her soiled clothes, on a pair of fur-lined handcuffs retrieved from the kitchen and in "swipe marks" left by her hair on the living room wall.

Her body was covered from head to toe in more than 100 injuries, which police believe were inflicted in the last four weeks of her life.

Wright blamed Seaton for the injuries, accusing him of going into a rage because he did not have any cannabis. The court heard he smoked up to £140 worth of skunk - a potent form of the drug - every week.

Seaton admitted biting Leticia but denied causing the fatal injuries. He told the court he was never left to look after her alone.

In the weeks preceding her death, neighbours saw Leticia standing in a "vigil" at her bedroom window. There was little sign of family life at the house and the curtains were always drawn.

The girl looked sad but would smile and wave back at the neighbours who waved up at her. Two of them were so concerned for her welfare that they contacted Kirklees Council, and on October 13 two social workers visited the house.

Linda Blackie and Nicola Stephenson found Leticia to be of normal weight with no obvious marks, but she was initially quiet and when asked to fetch her toys she came back with hair grabs and a pink cup.

After checking back that Leticia had been registered with a local nursery, Leticia's file was closed. She stopped attending the nursery after one week.

Paul Johnson, head of safeguarding at Kirklees Council and a member of the Kirklees Safeguarding Children Board, defended the local authority's handling of the case.

He said a council review carried out by an "independent professional" concluded Leticia's death "could not have been foreseen. But he conceded how "certain aspects could have been handled differently".

He said: "The death of any young child under whatever circumstances is very sad and tragic.

"In Leticia's case, because different services had contact with the family, we decided that the review would be conducted by an independent professional totally unconnected with the council.

"In all cases of this nature issues arise about how certain aspects could have been handled differently."

how evil and cruel of them, subhana'Allah, how can anyone treat a poor innocent child like that?? it's soo sad, subhana'Allah :cry:

AmarFaisal
08-12-2007, 07:17 AM
I can't beleive it!!! How can they even be called her parents.!! U give birth to this child from ur own flesh n blood and then u treat her like an ...!I don't know what, what would a person treat like that?!
Astaghfirullah, and those social workers..SubhalAllah, I always heard that social workers of west were wonderful. They did this n that etc etc:raging: :raging: :raging: :raging: :raging:

ummzayd
08-12-2007, 07:32 AM
:sl:

Can I just add, the birth father of this child was a Muslim (anyways he had a Muslim name & I think he was Pakistani).

No doubt this vile and disgusting woman seemed attractive enough to 'date' and commit illegal sexual intercourse with. And the result, for this man, was that he fathered a child who was tortured and murdered.

May Allah swt keep us all away from the degradation of zina and all its evil consequences ameen.

:w:

ummzayd
08-12-2007, 07:41 AM
:sl:

From the 'Yorkshire Post':

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news?articleid=3103883

Heartbroken father tells of
last time he saw daughter

THE father of Leticia broke down as he spoke about his relationship with his daughter and the last time he saw her.

Zaheer Hussain met Leticia's mother Sharon Wright in 2000 when she was living near his home in Wakefield.

Shortly afterwards they moved in together by which time Wright was already pregnant with Leticia, who was born on August 1, 2002, and the three of them lived as a family together on Clifford Avenue, Wakefield.

On two occasions Leticia's shoulder had dislocated.

The first time it happened at Wright's parents house when Leticia was playing and the toddler was taken to Dewsbury Hospital. On the second occasion Wright told him Leticia had fallen and injured her arm.

The couple's relationship began to sour in 2005.

He said: "Both of us thought the other was cheating and we sort of broke up from there. We had an argument and I just walked out.."

He said that whenever he called round to the house to see Leticia, she was out with Wright or she was asleep. One day in November or December 2005 he called round and found Wright and Leticia had left home.

He tried to get back in touch but Wright called him telling him to "leave her alone" because she was "starting a fresh life".

He heard nothing for about six months and then in July 2005 he got a phone call from Wright.

He said: "She told me she wanted to get back in touch for Leticia's sake but she didn't want to restart the relationship."

She was living in Hartlepool but wanted to move back to West Yorkshire, and he helped with the move.

The next day he took Wright to the housing office in Huddersfield. He saw Leticia for the next three weekends on the run.

He said he never saw any bruises on Leticia except for one small bruise on her leg he assumed she had got from falling over. He would ask her if she was ever hurt and she always reply "no".

But when he would take her back home, she would cry.

He became aware that Wright had a new partner Peter Seaton.

Fighting back tears he described how he last saw Leticia two months before she died. "When it was time to take her home, I never seen her like that before. We were in a shopping mall and I told her it was time to go home and she was not having it. She was crying saying she didn't want to go and she wanted to stay with me."

He took her back to her mother's house and that was the last time he ever saw her.

:w:

beespreeteam
08-12-2007, 07:57 AM
Subhanallah. Similar stuff happening here in NZ; like 3 in two weeks or something. Huge uproar about it and rightly so.

gladTidings
08-12-2007, 09:10 AM
It seems like this could have been prevented. She even give her father enough indications. She was such a pretty little girl. :(

AmarFaisal
08-12-2007, 10:37 AM
If all this child abuse isn't enough..there were news in local kwt newspapers and I have also heard from a friend who is a nurse in the local hospital in Kuwait... Babies at the age of 6 months raped and murdered!!!

chand
08-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Astagfirullah thats just shocking..how can anyone harm such young innocent kidz?

souloftym
08-12-2007, 07:07 PM
well, many ppl can. it depends hw der brain is workin. dey culd be mentally ill. but in dis case its drug related. but its is sad, 2 lose such innocent child,inshallah dis doesnt happen 2 any other kids! make dua that it doesnt.

highway_trekker
08-12-2007, 10:58 PM
^^Too sad^^

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.