/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i believe in , Odin

viking
08-10-2007, 07:12 PM
i believe in , Odin. what are you your opinions about odin? what are islam opinions about odin?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
08-10-2007, 07:38 PM
who he? :confused:
norse god? i am not norsish. are there still norsish running around?

chand
08-10-2007, 07:38 PM
What is odin?..pardon me for my ignorance

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
08-10-2007, 07:42 PM
The chief divinity of the Norse pantheon, the foremost of the Aesir. Odin is a son of Bor and Bestla. He is called Alfadir, Allfather, for he is indeed father of the gods. With Frigg he is the father of Balder, Hod, and Hermod. He fathered Thor on the goddess Jord; and the giantess Grid became the mother of Vidar.

lol, i had to google this.

if this is what your on about, then sorry definitely don’t believe in it only Allah:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
viking
08-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Odinism is the indigenous religious faith of the English, British and other peoples of Northern Europe; it is an amalgam of attitudes, ideas and behaviour, both a personal faith and a communal way of life. In its beginnings Odinism is probably as old as our race. Historically it may be divided into three periods:The ancient oral traditions of Odinism were during the Middle Ages embodied in writings, the Odinist books of wisdom, the principle of which are the Eddas. The poetic Elder Edda presents the Odinist cosmogony, the mythological lays and the heroic lays, including the story of Sigurd and Brynhild which were in later times moulded into the Lay of the Nibelungs. The Younger Edda is a prose synopsis of the Odinist faith.there was the Creator. (But the Creator being by itself meant that it hadn't created anything yet, so I have no idea of what it was called before it "created" anything.) (Anyway) The Creator decided to create. Since there way nothing but the Creator to create from that posed a problem. Well the Creator decided that in order to create the 'verse the Creator would have to do so from itself. Buy doing so it would no longer be what it was. Instead it would be everything. So the Creator gave itself to itself (sounds familiar here I know) and threw itself outward upon the great emptiness. (Big Bang) They last thing that the Creator did was leave its "Will" (as in "Last Will and Testament") behind. That was the first thing actually created and is Orlog.

Orlog is the Will of the Creator and Time is the tool through which it is revealed.

Part of Orlog allowed that there was a lot of work to be done and since the Creator was no longer in any condition to do it then certain things had to come about. This is where we get Elementals/Giants and Gods. With their help, and working within the framework of Orlog things started to unfold. Insert Eddas (or your favorite sacred texts) here.

So there you are. Sitting there reading this. You work within the framework of Orlog and now you have your Wyrd to contend with. It will help make course corrections in your life or at least can tweak your attitude towards/about things. It is the most effected by your decisions and can in fact be the most influential on your decision making process.

So far we have mentioned Orlog and Wyrd, but nothing on Hamingja. Have I forgotten it? How does that fit in. Well I haven't forgotten it and it fits in sort of in between. Hamingja, being luck (basically) is residual of the same rule in Orlog that allowed the Gods to be created. In fact Hamingja can be considered to be the God of the godless. It will do as it does without intercession or acknowledgment on the part of those it is dealing with. (Where as the Gods tend to deal more with those who are "theirs" than help out or looking into the lives of those who aren't.)

So there we are. Living our lives. Wrapped up in our Wyrd and Hamingja. Trying to understand our connection to the Gods (and maybe the Creator of this all). Maybe trying to look for the events and patterns that would lead us to a greater understanding of Orlog and thus the "Big Plan" and our part in it.
thanks hope this helps

snakelegs
08-10-2007, 08:57 PM
interesting. i didn't know there are still people who still followed the norse religion! you sure learn a lot on islamicboard!

viking
08-10-2007, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ourra-Tul-'Ain
The chief divinity of the Norse pantheon, the foremost of the Aesir. Odin is a son of Bor and Bestla. He is called Alfadir, Allfather, for he is indeed father of the gods. With Frigg he is the father of Balder, Hod, and Hermod. He fathered Thor on the goddess Jord; and the giantess Grid became the mother of Vidar.

lol, i had to google this.

if this is what your on about, then sorry definitely don’t believe in it only Allah:D
ODIN is called Allfather because he is father of all the gods. He is also called Father of the Slain, because all those that fall in battle are the sons of his adopt on; for them he appoints Valhall.

Pk_#2
08-10-2007, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
interesting. i didn't know there are still people who still followed the norse religion! you sure learn a lot on islamicboard!
;D No offence, but i didn't realli wana learn this stuff.

Ello thread starter welcome to the forum, try promoting Islam not ur religion:mmokay: eh! :) sneaky sneaky !

snakelegs
08-10-2007, 10:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat

Ello thread starter welcome to the forum, try promoting Islam not ur religion:mmokay: eh! :) sneaky sneaky !
at least it's a change from the promotion of christianity! :giggling:
actually, i think whatever you learn is not a waste.

Pk_#2
08-10-2007, 10:09 PM
at least it's a change from the promotion of christianity! :giggling:
actually, i think whatever you learn is not a waste.
Yeah that's true, if you can use everything you learn wisely. :-\

Actually Li has everything even a whole Sikhism thread and Hinduism lol Never thought i'd find them here :p

viking
08-10-2007, 10:22 PM

Actually Li has everything even a whole Sikhism thread and Hinduism lol Never thought i'd find them here :p
what you learn will not hurt you!:hiding:

Woodrow
08-10-2007, 10:35 PM
It is permissible to discuss and debate religion beliefs in the section only. However, if it appears that any religious debates are outside this section, they will be seen as promoting a religion other than Islam and will be deleted, with possible infractions etc. being given.

aamirsaab
08-10-2007, 11:39 PM
:sl:
LI now officially has members of every single religion/system of belief. Oh btw mr viking, are you actually a viking?

snakelegs
08-10-2007, 11:52 PM

actually, i came here to learn about islam, but i have also learned about other religions here as well.
now, as a muslim you should know that this piece of knowledge may just come in handy someday if you are caught in a blizzard in northern germany with a follower of odin - you will know better how to give dawa! ;D

snakelegs
08-10-2007, 11:53 PM
so you are odinish? odinite? odini?
has this religion existed continously or is it something that some people are reviving?

viking
08-11-2007, 12:25 AM
so you are odinish? odinite? odini?
has this religion existed continously or is it something that some people are reviving?
its an old viking religion snakelegs. it was our religion b4 the christian era,

Woodrow
08-11-2007, 12:32 AM
I was under the believe that the old Norse beliefs had ended centuries ago. Is this some type of revival?

Do you believe only in Odin or do you follow the whole nine yards and include all of the old beliefs such as valkyries, Loki, etc.

snakelegs
08-11-2007, 12:35 AM
i meant, has the religion existed unbroken from viking times to now?

ranma1/2
08-11-2007, 01:02 AM

if you dont want to learn dont read. stay ignorant.
this is the comparative religion section.

viking
08-11-2007, 01:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I was under the believe that the old Norse beliefs had ended centuries ago. Is this some type of revival?

Do you believe only in Odin or do you follow the whole nine yards and include all of the old beliefs such as valkyries, Loki, etc.
i
believe in the same gods i follow all them..my patron god is ODIN, Odin was the God for kings, warriors, and poets but yes i follow the whole nine yards

viking
08-11-2007, 01:31 AM
i meant, has the religion existed unbroken from viking times to now?
Odinism still existed to this day real big in iceland :thumbs_up

Woodrow
08-11-2007, 01:32 AM
Interesting. I won't insult your beliefs by stating why I do not follow them.

But, I will ask you as to what evidence you find that supports the existence of all of them gods?

viking
08-11-2007, 01:37 AM
Interesting. I won't insult your beliefs by stating why I do not follow them.

But, I will ask you as to what evidence you find that supports the existence of all of them gods?
never really thought about that i guess i was raised to believe in all the gods!

snakelegs
08-11-2007, 01:42 AM
you were raised in this religion? how many followers would you guess there are?
iceland is tooooo cold.

Woodrow
08-11-2007, 01:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by viking
never really thought about that i guess i was raised to believe in all the gods!
Fair enough answer. That is a logical reason.

If you search through the threads here you will find why most of us Muslims accept Islam and only one God. I wont hijack your thread by posting that here.

This is your thread and we should be asking you questions about Odinism.

Do you have any statistics as to about how many people follow it?

viking
08-11-2007, 01:46 AM
you have 'racist' Odinism. however the true Odinism is NOT a 'racist' religion,I DONT DISRESPECTING OTHER RELIGIOUS BELIEFS WE ARE ALL IN THIS WORLD TOGETHER , HOWEVER I WILL TALK TO OTHERS ABOUT MY GODS,ITS SAD TO SEE THEM ODINISM BROTHERS THAT IS RACIST AND FOLLOWS NAZIS THAT GIVES MY RELIGIOUS BELIEFS A BAD NAME!!!!!

viking
08-11-2007, 01:50 AM
you were raised in this religion? how many followers would you guess there are?
iceland is tooooo cold.
YES I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN THIS RELIGION, AND THERE ARE ALOT FOLLOWERS I DONT KNOW HOW MANY BUT IM SURE THERE ARE ALOT THAT BELIEVE IN MY RELIGION!

snakelegs
08-11-2007, 02:02 AM
YES I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN THIS RELIGION, AND THERE ARE ALOT FOLLOWERS I DONT KNOW HOW MANY BUT IM SURE THERE ARE ALOT THAT BELIEVE IN MY RELIGION!
i had never heard about it before. do you have rituals and stuff?

viking
08-11-2007, 02:37 AM
go to this website http://www.geocities.com/odinistlibrary/MainAll.htm this website will give you all the information

viking
08-11-2007, 03:46 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1YgUHo5vd5o"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1YgUHo5vd5o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Keltoi
08-11-2007, 04:37 AM
As Viking mentioned, Odinism's only mainstream coverage revolves around white nationalists, neo-nazis, etc. It can also be found with a few Norwegian metal groups. Don't hear much about it outside of these areas.

Al-Zaara
08-11-2007, 06:49 AM
Viking? Är du svensk? (Are you swedish?) Or are you from iceland or another land? :D

I know a lot about this religion 'cause here in Finnish (and Swedish) schools everyone gets educated about them in subject History and Art from an early stage, but had no clue it still existed.

NoName55
08-11-2007, 07:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
As Viking mentioned, Odinism's only mainstream coverage revolves around white nationalists, neo-nazis, etc. It can also be found with a few Norwegian metal groups. Don't hear much about it outside of these areas.
exactly same with many many English neo-Nazis too

viking
08-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Fair enough answer. That is a logical reason.

If you search through the threads here you will find why most of us Muslims accept Islam and only one God. I wont hijack your thread by posting that here.

This is your thread and we should be asking you questions about Odinism.

Do you have any statistics as to about how many people follow it?
We know that our Gods & Goddesses exist, we can see, feel and sense them. They are manifested in the various forms, in the summer and the winter, sunshine and storm, hill, river and plain. Because it is in keeping with our culture and our tradition, Odinists give names to the Gods & Goddesses who show themselves to us in this way. Odin, Thor, Frey, Freya, Baldur, Frigga and Tyr. Even the days of the week are named in honor of our Gods and for them that said odinists are Nazis? lol yea right i think Nazis support for idiots. yes i said nazis are **** idiots, i dont know the # of people that follow
us!

Woodrow
08-12-2007, 11:18 PM
We know that our Gods & Goddesses exist, we can see, feel and sense them. They are manifested in the various forms, in the summer and the winter, sunshine and storm, hill, river and plain. Because it is in keeping with our culture and our tradition, Odinists give names to the Gods & Goddesses who show themselves to us in this way. Odin, Thor, Frey, Freya, Baldur, Frigga and Tyr. Even the days of the week are named in honor of our Gods and for them that said odinists are Nazis? lol yea right i think Nazis support for idiots. yes i said nazis are **** idiots, i dont know the # of people that follow
us!
I was aware that the names of the week were from Greek and Norse gods/goddesses. I am just curious how much more impact have they had on Anglo/Saxon culture? Where some of the current English/Anglican Christian customs adapted from Odinism?

snakelegs
08-12-2007, 11:24 PM
are all odinists germanic peoples? it seems pretty culture-specific.

viking
08-13-2007, 03:04 AM
white Anglo/Saxon Odinism is the organic religion of the peoples of Northern Europe. Our ancestors who followed it were renowned for qualities that formed part of their way of life. All true religion is organic. Each people has its indigenous organic religion with its roots extending deep into the history of its race, odinists is all whites now i dont know to much about the geek gods so i will not comment that! odinists is all about our culture. and if you ask how you pray to odin? well you dont pray to him like you would jesus now u ask him to help you fight this war, u ask him and he will help you fight and u dont have to be re born or anything like that you just have to follow odin. all true warriors are welcome to Valhalla,

Keltoi
08-13-2007, 03:17 AM
white Anglo/Saxon Odinism is the organic religion of the peoples of Northern Europe. Our ancestors who followed it were renowned for qualities that formed part of their way of life. All true religion is organic. Each people has its indigenous organic religion with its roots extending deep into the history of its race, odinists is all whites now i dont know to much about the geek gods so i will not comment that! odinists is all about our culture. and if you ask how you pray to odin? well you dont pray to him like you would jesus now u ask him to help you fight this war, u ask him and he will help you fight and u dont have to be re born or anything like that you just have to follow odin. all true warriors are welcome to Valhalla,
The culture of northern Europe was a warrior culture for a long, long time. It would make sense that they followed a philosophy and religion that revolved around warfare and eternal reward for the brave.

north_malaysian
08-14-2007, 04:59 AM
How many Odinians worldwide?

How you Odinians pray?

Pygoscelis
04-24-2016, 06:19 AM
Holy thread necro batman

anatolian
04-24-2016, 07:43 AM
Atheists believe in the evolution of the religions in which the religions evolved from polytheism to monotheism. But we Muslims believe in reverse. We believe there was only belief of one Supreme God Allah at first but later people corrupted their religion and invented false gods. Regarding this, Odin, Zeus, Jupiter etc. might be referring to Allah once upon a time. In Hinduism Brahman can be Allah. It sounds similar...

But they just corrupted the idea. Invented false attributions to one Supreme God and many false gods beside Him. It is better to believe in Allah who is speaking in Quran just as it says;

And say: "Truth has arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is bound to perish." (17:81)

Serinity
04-24-2016, 09:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Atheists believe in the evolution of the religions in which the religions evolved from polytheism to monotheism. But we Muslims believe in reverse. We believe there was only belief of one Supreme God Allah at first but later people corrupted their religion and invented false gods. Regarding this, Odin, Zeus, Jupiter etc. might be referring to Allah once upon a time. In Hinduism Brahman can be Allah. It sounds similar...

But they just corrupted the idea. Invented false attributions to one Supreme God and many false gods beside Him. It is better to believe in Allah who is speaking in Quran just as it says;

And say: "Truth has arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is bound to perish." (17:81)
So the atheists believe similar to what the mushriks believed in the time of the Prophet Muhammad SAW?

Serinity
04-24-2016, 09:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FreedomStands
I arrived and signed up at this website because of this post regarding Odin.

Atheists have a saying these days which has become somewhat popular. They say something like "We just believe in one less God than you" and "Why don't you believe in Odin?"

A Muslim should believe in only the Ultimate Power. The Ultimate is not a particular individual or object which can be pointed at, but is whatever concept or word represents and indicates "whatever is the most supreme, the greatest". Allah should be a term which indicates "The Ultimate" not that a person is saying "So and So is the Ultimate" but "That which is the Utmost Ultimate is what we mean when we say Allah".

People seem to get mixed up and tripped up imagining that Allah refers to some particular person or is somehow distinct from any other word indicating "Utmost Ultimateness" and it shouldn't. Anyone who has an idea of what Allah is that is less than the logically reasoned conceptual Ultimate might be playing with idolatrous and materialistic thoughts regarding what is necessarily the Ultimate.

That being said, any other term can be designated as well, as long as the intended definition and description is the same. That is to say, there are many languages in this world and various language families among humans, but an apple is still an apple when called "pomme" in French. The intended definition is what matters.

One can say "Allah is a man" and then that Allah is by definition different from "Allah is not a man", the same word is being used, but the people are referring to two different concepts and definitions, it doesn't matter what combination of sounds is used, but the intended meaning is what counts.

This is important for a religious person who wants to "make religion pure for Allah only" since one should be right minded about what they are worshiping and praying to. What a good Muslim with right knowledge should be praying to is not an individual called Allah, but rather "whatever is the Ultimate". The Ultimate has certain necessary attributes which make it by definition the Ultimate, but the mind should only be directed to "whatever is the Greatest of All, controller and responsible for everything", and that is the religion of Abraham (Ibrahim) as described in the Qur'an, first he looked to the natural powers, and then to what seemed better and better until realizing the Ultimate beyond all those things, the Ultimate Reality, the Supreme Truth, the Eternal Nature, The Unstoppable Power, that is Allah.

Now, if the term Odin is used to refer to the same, Odin (which means Fury and Inspiration, connected to ideas of the furious forces of nature and weather and the power to inspire furious inspiration and revelation in the mind) is an appropriate term to refer to Allah or the Ultimate or an attribute of Allah, since Allah is the controller of the weather and the forces of nature and is the power behind all Nature and Experience itself, as well as the controller of the mind, the thoughts, and the one that inspires revelation. Thus the essential definition of Odin and the qualities of Allah fit. Allah is the King and Controller of the Natural Forces, Odin is the King and the Controller of the Natural Forces, Amun (the word meaning Hidden from Egypt) is the term that was used for the King and the Controller of the Natural Forces, Vishnu (Pervading), Shiva (Auspicious), Ahura (Lord), are all terms which can and have been used to refer to the same Ultimate Power at the top of the list which all the natural powers are ultimately controlled by.

So do we believe in Odin? Certainly. The term Lucifer and Satan can refer to some things or other things. The term Lucifer means "Light Bearer" and was used to refer to the Morning Star, but we can use it to refer to the true bearer of both natural and spiritual "light" (as in knowledge and information) or "that which makes people see". Satan means "enemy" and can refer to our enemies, or the one that can be the greatest enemy of all, which can only be the most powerful and worthy of fear for those who make themselves enemies to Allah there can be no greater "Satan" for them. It is a matter of language and which linguistic framework one is using.

We believe in Odin if the definition is right. We also believe in Thor (which means Thunder), and the Thunder Praises Allah who created it.
But no, I reject Odin, and believe in Allah alone. I get what you mean. But if Allah did not call Himself Odin, I won't either. It just confuses people more.

Odin has depictions of human beings.

Do you even know what associations Odin has, etc? People may, may Allah protect us, confuse & think Odin for another God besides Allah, Audhu billah. To which there is no deity besides Allah.

I call upon Allah by what He revealed in the Quran. I reject Odin, because of the confusions it may entail.

Lets not confuse this! ALLAH ALONE is the controller AND King of everything, not Odin, Not whatever. Allah alone!

I know, God, Allah, and in whatever language.. It is all sematics. That is not what I'm saying here.

The definition of God or Allah in the Quran is in The Surah Al Ikhlas:

Allah is One,
The Eternal Refuge,
He neither begets nor is He begotten,
Nor is there unto Him any equal.

If it fits the description, then yes, that is God, and is the ,one we believe in. But I reject Odin because of what I know of Odin, and it has nothing to do with the definition in the Quran.

Muezzin
05-11-2016, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Holy thread necro batman
Whyyyyy??

Pygoscelis
05-11-2016, 09:58 PM
Atheists believe in the evolution of the religions in which the religions evolved from polytheism to monotheism.
Why do you assume that of Atheists? Polytheism and monotheism probably wobbled back and forth throughout history.

Pygoscelis
05-11-2016, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Whyyyyy??
Why indeed. BTW my "holy thread necro" was a response to a post that has now been deleted by FreedomStands... who appears to himself be gone.

anatolian
05-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Why do you assume that of Atheists? Polytheism and monotheism probably wobbled back and forth throughout history.
Yes I shouldnt have generalized it. But there is such an opinion within the materialist philosophy as far as I know.

Pygoscelis
05-12-2016, 05:17 PM
Yes I shouldnt have generalized it. But there is such an opinion within the materialist philosophy as far as I know.
Maybe there is, but I don't see why there would be, and I am pretty much a materialist (don't believe in ghosts, psychic energy, Gods, etc).

Delphi
06-09-2016, 06:16 PM
I will toast the Allfather with you :) I'm a big fan of vikings, the series about Ragnar (who is semi-mythical, it' said).

Snow
06-09-2016, 06:18 PM
If you have read the Edda's, he was actually a Turkish refugee haha

Snow
06-09-2016, 06:27 PM
Here is the text from Snorri's introduction in the prose Edda

Odin had second sight, and his wife also; and from their foreknowledge he found that his name should be exalted in the northern part of the world and glorified above the fame of all other kings. Therefore, he made ready to journey out of Turkland, and was accompanied by a great multitude of people, young folk and old, men and women; and they had with them much goods of great price. And wherever they went over the lands of the earth, many glorious things were spoken of them, so that they were held more like gods than men. They made no end to their journeying till they were come north into the land that is now called Saxland; there Odin tarried for a long space, and took the land into his own hand, far and wide.

Scimitar
06-09-2016, 07:52 PM
When you quote "Turkland" you do realise it's not Turkey, right? But east of the Caspian sea? Scythian territory of old? Greater Asia.

Scimi

Scimitar
06-09-2016, 07:59 PM
i believe in , Odin. what are you your opinions about odin? what are islam opinions about odin?

The Tabulus Rogeriana, 13th century, made by Sherif Al Idrisi for King Roger - the Viking King of Sicily - this is the first world map ever made.

You will find right by the landmass known as Norway, to the east of it is marked in Arabic, Ard Yajuj and Ard Majuj, meaning land of gog and land of magog respectively.

Let's not forget, that when the Vikings attacked Lindesfaren in 793 CE: the Christian monks of Lindesfarne idenitifed them as the scourge of humanity - gog magog.

I hope this helps.

Scimi

Snow
06-09-2016, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Timi Scar
When you quote "Turkland" you do realise it's not Turkey, right? But east of the Caspian sea? Scythian territory of old? Greater Asia.

Scimi
Of course the boarders have been moving throughout history.
Greece and Turkey being the area spoken about.

Scimitar
06-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Nope,

Not Greece and Turkey, East of the Caspian Sea - Greater Asia :) that's what is meant by Turkland in ancient history of Herodotus, Pliny the Elder, Xenophon, Josephus, etc...

Scimi

~ Sabr ~
06-10-2016, 12:43 PM
Who the hell is Odin?!

sister herb
06-10-2016, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
Who the hell is Odin?!
The ancient Germanic god. Many people whose nowadays claim to "believe" it don´t actually know much about the myths, poets and ancient stories of this god but see it as part of the neo-paganism cult.

In some western countries is now "Soldiers of Odin"- groups, which are openly racists. In Finland "Soldiers of Odin" is also a registered trademark for manufacturing pink fabric bags and t-shirts with the sing of unicorn.

;D

Delphi
06-10-2016, 09:35 PM
I'll see you one Sharia4Uk/Anjem Choudry/Sharia4Sweden and raise you a Soldiers of Odin.

Tribalism is bad. Very bad. We all shouldn't indulge. Hopefully, we will never need to.

Scimitar
06-10-2016, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Delphi
I'll see you one Sharia4Uk/Anjem Choudry/Sharia4Sweden and raise you a Soldiers of Odin.

Tribalism is bad. Very bad. We all shouldn't indulge. Hopefully, we will never need to.
You need to get out more.

Scimi

anatolian
06-10-2016, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow
If you have read the Edda's, he was actually a Turkish refugee haha
Everybody was Turk once upon a time ;D

Huzaifah ibn Adam
06-10-2016, 09:51 PM
It is mind-boggling that there are still people in this day and age who believe in Odin and Norse mythology...

Scimitar
06-10-2016, 09:54 PM
Odin got eaten by his nephew :D or something... like that... lol, if like said poster claimed, he will raise Odin, I suspect all we will find is poo stains thousands of years old as supposed proof?

Scimi

anatolian
06-10-2016, 10:05 PM
"Say: He The-God is One" 112:1

czgibson
06-10-2016, 10:44 PM
Greetings,

The Tabulus Rogeriana, 13th century, made by Sherif Al Idrisi for King Roger - the Viking King of Sicily - this is the first world map ever made.
That is an amazing image, and I'm curious to know more about it. If it's from the 13th century, then it's not the earliest world map at all - there are plenty of others as you can see here. Given that Al-Idrisi died in 1165, and that the Tabula Rogeriana shown in that article looks different to the image above, what exactly are we looking at here?

format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam
It is mind-boggling that there are still people in this day and age who believe in Odin and Norse mythology...
How would you feel if someone said the same thing about your own beliefs?

Peace

Scimitar
06-10-2016, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,
That is an amazing image, and I'm curious to know more about it.
Thanks for your interest Mr Gibson :)

format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
If it's from the 13th century, then it's not the earliest world map at all - there are plenty of others as you can see here. Given that Al-Idrisi died in 1165, and that the Tabula Rogeriana shown in that article looks different to the image above, what exactly are we looking at here?
My bad, 12th century.

With regards to naviagatable maps, they all were useless. Al Idrisi's map though was "usable". The disc map I posted above is only one of the maps which Al Idrisi made for King Roger of Sicily.

The other one is much more detailed:

This is the proper one, it was collated in book form like modern day A-Z's. More than an A-Z though, it contained very in depth descriptions of the land masses portrayed within, with added bonues such as the anthropological differences between people living geographically apart from each other and more...

You may find this video interesting:

The data from this map was used for 300 year approx and no nation could out do such a monumental work for those three centuries.

Having said that - you know anything about the Piri Reis map?

That on had the coast of Antartica mapped - a VERY VEEEEERY long time before satellite tech could accurately map the iced coasts of the southern land mass.

Th question remains - how did they achieve such a work?

I love cartography. :)

Scimi

czgibson
06-10-2016, 11:01 PM
Greetings,

The data from this map was used for 300 year approx and no nation could out do such a monumental work for those three centuries.
You're right; hugely impressive work. Thanks very much for the information. :)

Peace

Pygoscelis
06-14-2016, 03:00 PM
That on had the coast of Antartica mapped - a VERY VEEEEERY long time before satellite tech could accurately map the iced coasts of the southern land mass.

Th question remains - how did they achieve such a work?

I love cartography. :)

Scimi
Obviously a penguin told them..... ;D

It is cool seeing these old maps in all of their inaccuracies, showing what regions people "felt" were bigger due to their importance, and guesses such as oceans where they shouldn't be. It shows just how far we have come.

Scimitar
06-14-2016, 03:51 PM
Obviously a penguin told them..... ;D
It shows just how far we have come.
Haha, indeed Pygo.

We only progress when we stand on the shoulders of "giants". Thus we see a wider horizon.

Al Idrisi was one of those giants. The Tabulus Rogeriana was just one such monumental undertaking.

ServantOfOddox
10-18-2017, 12:59 PM
The etymology of the word God traces back to Gotan (Gudanaz) and Odin (Wodanaz) and ultimately Dyaus, Adams proto-indo-european name for The Divine.
I have reconstructed it without the idolaterous branches, as Oddox Which was originally without trinities and worship of Jesus.
And I believe it should not be attributed abnormal qualities, really 1:1 reality, "Lord Of Creations".

Original religion was about a ban on a tree, and the teaching of what one calls "Fylgja" in Norse Mythology. The Devil was such as demon, that said Adam should eat of the tree.

Germanic culture, follows mainly the two first prophets still, Adam and "Tór", prophet no.2, known in The Bible probably for verses about light being created, as early religion after Adam often is, and also can be seen in the Ebla artifacts.

And the transition to Abrahamic doctrine, we see later, and all places in the world have their version of this. Abraham was an idolrejector, and included this in his theology. "Oddox is óne and has no partners".

This inspired also Buddha, and Abraham in the form of Zoroaster, was the one who really said "Right Thought, Right Action", as popular in Buddhism now.

Jesus was a messiah to the jews, but unfortunately was incorporated into a trinity, and the church regressed to an obtuse instance outside the politics. Jesus was probably part of the Essenes community, and they hid their writings in the Qumran cave. They were not trinitarians, nor worshipped Jesus.

And in Arabia, they got a branch of monotheism aswell, called Islam, that teaches the same as all monotheism.

Many have worked for Oddox cause, and through this have been part of developing society, and understanding scripture in fine granularity.

It is still ofcourse Oddox who matters, and our langauge is a germanic language, and therefore Oddox is central in how we think.
Good psychology and social science is still idolrejection, and Oddox has no partners. So this is leading theology still, and abrahamic religion.

As religion would sound in contemporary wordings:

Oddox, The Humane, The Ethical.
Oddox, The controller of all potential in the heavens and the earth.
Oddox who has outlawed facism and idolatry.
Oddox the maker of all things.
Oddox who spread people into multiple cultures.
Oddox the provenance of peace.
Oddox who teaches fair economy, and just business.
Oddox, The universal, The esoteric.
Oddox who teaches abstinence from alcohol and low morality in general.
Oddox, The Lord Of The Universe. He has none similar.

A corresponding concept to any society who followed their prophet, and developed interpretations of it.

Peace!

M.I.A.
10-18-2017, 01:13 PM
Meh..

God had been around since.. the beginning..

Its another language.

Another people.

Another time.

..it may or may not be true lol.

But as time progresses, so does knowledge.

..and you cant go around living like a thor fan.. because its highly innacurate!!

Or as some people on the internet would say..

Allah has only been around for 1400 n some years.

The word has been around a lot longer.

..Unfortunately i dont know how to escape slavery so it counts for very little.

In all honesty you can say whatever you like..

What "the world" makes of it is another thing entirely.
..i expected them to write it for me.

..they dont.

They only replace one slave for another.

Allah swt raises and lowers as he wills.

Im not sure if a belief system and guidance are the same thing.

..who wears the glasses? Them or you?

Are you happy with what you set free from the wings? ..or are they?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!