/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dubai has changed alot........

mohammed farah
08-10-2007, 09:31 PM
.......Since I was born. Have a look the pictures to see what I mean.

Dubai 1990

Dubai 2003

The same building still exist's

Now Imagine what it would look like now in 2007?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Faffy.K
08-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Subhanallah.. i hope 2 go ther soon :D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-10-2007, 09:40 PM
I just come back from dubai, it's crap! If anyone does go thinking that it's a muslim country you might be in for a suprise...

Faffy.K
08-10-2007, 09:41 PM
yer i herd tht thers alot of corrupted ppl ther.. didnt knw if it was true though :s

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mohammed farah
08-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Dubai is building so fast they currently have 20-something percent of the world’s cranes.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-10-2007, 10:03 PM
It's very true unfortunately. I can give soo many reasons why I wouldn't recommend it to a Muslim. Let's just say it's good to be in England.

BTW I heard the Azaan is banned from being made out loud in Sharajah, UAE. I wonder if anyone could tell us more about it?

snakelegs
08-10-2007, 10:07 PM
from all the pictures i've seen, it looks like a nightmare!

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-10-2007, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
:sl:
Economy wise, its doing good...but the country is losing its Islamic essence, I think there's too much corruption there.
My friend was saying how prostitution is quite blatant in Dubai. :omg:
Yeah it's VERY blatant, proper double standards going in that place alcohol is available everywhere but if you get caught smoking a joint, your looking to get sentanced for years. Laws are really biased towards arabs from UAE. Let's just say I didn't like it much lol

*love4isl@m*
08-11-2007, 01:32 AM

Just wanted to show a few more pictures, iv been to the emirates (UAE)...
although it may not b islamic... Its a nice and great & gd place 4 a holiday ! depends on wear about u go to visit!
about the adhaan thing...
when i was in the city sharajah last summer... it was cool,
I heard the adhaan from like 5 different angles at fajr time masha'allah unlike UK:mmokay: dunt know how its now though:rollseyes

Spec&#3720Burj20Al20Arab20web20lay out -

The main centrepiece of Dubai Mall, Waterworld, will incorporate a water terrace, fountain oasis, waterfront atrium and an aquarium.

snakelegs
08-11-2007, 01:39 AM
looks disgustingly expensive!

Woodrow
08-11-2007, 02:09 AM
Although the citisens of Dubai are 96% Muslim. Something like 80% of the population is non-Muslim foreign nationals living there.

Close to 80 percent of the population is comprised of expatriate nationals and nearly 63 percent of the population is male.
Source: http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/e...-Emirates.html

S_87
08-11-2007, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
BTW I heard the Azaan is banned from being made out loud in Sharajah, UAE. I wonder if anyone could tell us more about it?

apparently sharjah is quite islamic :?
the attractions there are all man made and they are building up too fast.
theres some pretty things there though

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Ok I found this little article regarding the azan in Dubai:

TO USE OR NOT TO USE
BY AFKAR ABDULLAH (Staff Reporter)

18 November 2005

The recent decision by the Dubai Department of Islamic Affairs banning use of loudspeakers for daily prayers has evoked a mixed response from people and scholars.

Religious scholars believe that the decision was in conformity with Islamic principles, but several Muslims in the emirate do not appreciate the move.

Incidentally, Islamic Affairs officials from other emirates, which currently allow use of loudspeakers for daily prayers as well as azzan, Friday and Eid prayers, and sermons, also support the Dubai Islamic Affairs decision, stating: "if necessary, we will also implement a similar ban in future."

Speaking to City Times, a scholar from Dubai Islamic Affairs, quoting from the Holy Quran, said that a person, when he prays, is required to use his or her voice at a moderate level. "Call on Allah or call on the All-Merciful, whichever you call upon, the Most Beautiful Names are His. Do not be too loud in your prayer or too quiet in it, but try to find a way between the two" (Surat Al Isra: 110), he quoted from the verses.

"As the verses reveal, the form of worship described in the Holy Quran is far from ostentation. It is not performed to impress people, the sole purpose is the due fulfillment of one's duty towards the Creator. The Holy Quran emphasises this point strongly," he said.

"In verses related to prayer, there are strong references to 'Calling on Allah, making one's religion sincerely His,' which means, performing one's prayer to earn Allah's good pleasure alone and not seeking any other purpose."

He said there is no religious harm if the loudspeaker is not used for five daily prayers during the week days. But it should be used for Friday prayers because of the several merits associated with it – firstly, it is the day when all Muslims assemble together at a central place in their neighbourhood for the purpose of remembering Allah through congressional prayer. "Friday and Eid prayers should be offered publicly at a place where all Muslims may come to attend without hindrance," the scholar said.

Dr Hamad Al Shaibani, Director-General of the Dubai Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities, explained that loudspeakers should be used for azzan so that all Muslims can hear it and attend the prayer in the mosque in group if they want, or offer their prayer at any place.

Azzan should be announced on loudspeakers to remind people who may be busy, of the prayer time. The loudspeaker should also be used for Friday and Eid prayers as they are important days for Muslims to get together to praise and thank the God.

In Dubai, mosques are allowed to use only internal loudspeakers during the normal daily prayers during the week while conducting the group prayer so as to allow faithful inside the mosque to follow the Imam.

Meanwhile, Mohammed Abdulrahman Al Kamali, Director of Justice and Islamic Affairs in Ajman, disclosed that loudspeakers are being used in all the mosques in the emirate for prayers, azzan, and Friday sermons as well as Eid prayers.

The office had not received any complaints from residents against the use of loudspeakers while performing the daily prayers.

"But, if the majority of the residents have a problem over the use of loudspeakers, the office would immediately direct the mosques to use only the internal speaker and restrict the use of loudspeakers for azzan, Friday sermons and Eid prayers," he said.

In fact, he said many people in Ajman are interested in hearing the prayers daily and they call us to increase the volume so that their children can get used to azzan and prayer.

An official from the Sharjah Awqaf and Islamic Affairs Department said loudspeakers are being used in some mosques of the emirate for prayers, but are not used in mosques located close to residential buildings.
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Displaya...ovember320.xml

~Juwairiyah~
08-12-2007, 04:09 AM
:sl: wr wb,

WOW!!! The buildings look awsome, nice designs masha'Allah!!! I kinda did heard how currupted it was and all, anyways...are there any Islamic countries these days? A Muslim country that truly follows the Qur'an and Sunnah of our beloved Prophet (Saw)? The answer is obviously no, which is pretty sad imsad

mo_123
08-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Edit by mod: Selam aleykum brother, do you have statistics backing up the claims about Dubai having the highest rates of the world, or was that just a generalization?

Tania
08-12-2007, 10:29 AM
In that tall towers are apartments for people or are just for business :?

AmarFaisal
08-12-2007, 10:43 AM
The Azan thing is also true in Kuwait. Not much now, but in the near past they introduced this law in Kuwait. but Kuwait has much more religious shiíte community than UAE. The law didn't stay for long, and it was extremely rediculous!!!

AmarFaisal
08-12-2007, 10:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
In that tall towers are apartments for people or are just for business :?
They are appartments too, but just for the millionnaire. They r really expensive and extremely elite. Ihad pictures of the Amir's palace from inside all made from gold. I'l try to find them n put up here..Inshallah

Tania
08-12-2007, 12:59 PM
I thought are for the people with less money. Because there the pollution its much higher , also the noise.

mo_123
08-12-2007, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mo_123
Edit by mod: Selam aleykum brother, do you have statistics backing up the claims about Dubai having the highest rates of the world, or was that just a generalization?
many articles on the net stating the fact
http://www.muslimedia.com/archives/oaw98/dubai.htm
http://www.armenialiberty.org/armeni...87BC3048CE.ASP
http://www.gvnet.com/childprostituti...abEmirates.htm
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5250718
http://www.socialaffairsunit.org.uk/...ves/000345.php

. Dubai is the place where Arabs come to sin – the Bangkok of the Middle East. Sometimes unfrocking, sometimes not, Saudis, Kuwaitis, Bahrainis, Egyptians, fly in daily like a plague of locusts, buzzing into the bars and discotheques of the city. To meet the huge demand for sex, in come planes from other directions, China, Russia, Kazakhstan, packed to the rafters with gum chewing women, anxious to profit from rich Arab punters. Emirates airlines recently opened a new route to Accra, Ghana. It now does good business ferrying African prostitutes back and forth to Dubai. The city thus profits from the transport of its own service workers. Here is a business model that works.

An economist recently informed me that vice, directly and indirectly, accounts for over 30% of Dubai's money-go-round. It is big business, and there in every bar in town. Naïve tourists are often amazed to see Saudis, pint in hand, whirling around makeshift dancefloors with Chinese prostitutes. Here on the sacred soils of Arabia, are Muslims, drinking, drugging and womanizing

Prostitution is illegal; however, it has become an increasing problem in recent years, particularly in Dubai. Substantial numbers of women reportedly arrive regularly from the states of the former Soviet Union, Africa, East Asia, Eastern Europe, and other states of the Middle East for temporary stays, during which they allegedly engage in prostitution and possibly other activities connected with organized crime. While some prostitutes were trafficked to the country, there was credible evidence others entered the country of their own volition to make substantially more money than in their home countries

While prostitution was acknowledged widely to exist, the Government did not address the issue publicly because of societal sensitivities. However, during the year, there were newspaper reports highlighting the problems of prostitution and trafficking. In an effort to combat prostitution, the Dubai police conducted special patrols in areas frequented by prostitutes, and the immigration and police forces formed special units that conduct raids and sting operations in areas frequented by prostitutes. To further address the problem, authorities restricted the number of visas issued to single young women from certain countries of concern; however, there were ongoing reports that airlines and tourism companies continued to obtain visitor visas for single young women, some of whom may have participated in prostitution upon their arrival. Other unconfirmed reports stated that some women were entering the country at smaller airports in the northern emirates to avoid unwanted scrutiny at the larger airports in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

Trafficking in women for the purposes of sexual exploitation remained a problem, although the Government took steps to address the problem. Late in the year, the Dubai Police Department created an "Anti-Trafficking in Persons" department

anf there is stacks more info on the net.....

mo_123
08-12-2007, 10:45 PM
DUBAI, 16 March 2007 — Police arrested and deported 4,300 prostitutes from the United Arab Emirates last year, a police colonel said in remarks published yesterday about a normally taboo subject in the region.

Mohammed Al-Mir, who heads Dubai police human rights department, gave the figure to a seminar on people trafficking, the newspaper 7 Days reported.

He gave no details about where the prostitutes originated nor the countries to which they were deported but said police were clamping down to end the prostitution problem.

Regular raids were being carried out in places thought to be frequented by prostitutes, deported women were blacklisted to prevent their return, and tourist companies bringing women into the country were checked to make sure their clients were not prostitutes.

Companies found to be bring in the sex workers had their registration canceled.

But Mir told the seminar that there had to be discrimination between those caught working willingly as prostitutes and those forced into it.

“The woman that practices prostitution without pressure from anybody must be punished and deported. But if somebody has forced her into prostitution and takes advantage of her body to make a financial profit then she is a victim and the person who forced her into prostitution will be punished,” he said.

In a break with normal silence on the subject, Dubai police chief Gen. Dhahi Khalfan Tamim in June 2002 acknowledged that prostitution existed in the emirate with most women coming from Eastern Europe.

In November 2006 the United Arab Emirates passed a law envisaging heavy penalties, up to life imprisonment, for those guilty of trafficking in people, including all forms of sexual exploitation.

mo_123
08-12-2007, 10:46 PM
all the above....proves the state of muslims that live in a muslim country who are trying to hard to imitate the west!!!

Rufaidah
08-17-2007, 12:27 PM
May Allaah give us and them Hidayah ... :)
and show us the right way .... *Ameen*

islamirama
08-17-2007, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *love4isl@m*

when i was in the city sharajah last summer... it was cool,
I heard the adhaan from like 5 different angles at fajr time masha'allah unlike UK:mmokay: dunt know how its now though:rollseyes

Adhan is still played over as well as the salaah in shajah. It is one of the few conservative cities of UAE. And Dubai is like LA, the sin-city of M.E.

As for the towers, it's just one of the signs of J-day that the Prophet s.a.w. mentioned 1500yrs ago. The shepherds will compete in tall buildings.

unknown_JJ
08-17-2007, 03:10 PM
eazyyy now wid d bulidinzz

The_Prince
08-17-2007, 03:22 PM
how can one of you say you prefer the UK over Dubai? yes Dubai is corrupt, but lets look at the facts, in UK u cant even play the athan, wear the hijabs in certain work places, and prostitution is LEGAL openly and so is alcohol for ALL, in Dubai at least they do have laws saying alcohol cant be sold to Muslims and they will get punished if it does happen.

if your complaining about Dubai being corrupt and all bad and you prefer UK then you are even worst than Dubai! i dont think its that you have a problem with Dubai's corruption, i think people are simply jelous of Dubai because its actually a very good place and has a very good econamy and is growing and people want to give it to the evil eye now and point out all its evil making it seem its haram to live or visit Dubai!

and oh yeah Dubai just closed one of the biggest and largest nightclubs which was notorious for prostituion, the nightclub has been shut and closed for good, what about UK where you have ur nice red-light districts where u can go to brothels openly and happily! think twice before u wanna attack a Muslim country saying u prefer a kaffir nation which is 1 million times more corrupt then u say u prefer it! ur jelous if u ask me!

IbnAbdulHakim
08-17-2007, 03:59 PM
me n my bros are plannin 2 live in dubai... hmm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.