/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan?

manwithnogun
08-10-2007, 10:49 PM
I am getting ready for Ramadan, i know it is still a bit in the future but fasting will be a new experience for me and i have some questions. Can fasting for that period of time affect your health? I am going to school and will be expected to play at a high level in sports so yes i was wondering would fasting take a large toll off my ability to play?
peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umu 'Isa
08-11-2007, 09:35 AM
:salamext:
Actually fasting has been proven to be good for your health.
http://www.islamicboard.com/health-s...tml#post500586

But maybe you could sit out from sports that month?

rubiesand
08-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Salam brother.

There are bound to be times when fasting, especially at first, when you will feel low in energy. Just see how it goes, it does get easier as the days go by, your body adjusts. I hope it goes well for you.

I found this at a bio of Hakim Olajuwon:

"Olajuwon believes that his religious faith supported his drive to a great career. During an NBA season he observes Islam's Ramadan, which includes periods of fasting. He would awaken before dawn to eat precisely seven dates -- the traditional Muslim fast-breaking food -- and to drink a gallon of water. He would follow with a prayer for strength and have no food or liquid until sunset.

When he played an afternoon game, he would pant for water -- but did not drink a drop. Still, he would say, “I find myself full of energy, explosive. And when I break the fast at sunset, the taste of water is so precious.”

Protected_Diamond
08-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Fasting gives your digestive system a rest so its good. Try and stop playing sports because you will need to drink water and thats something which makes your fast invalid.

Loads of respect for the intentions :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
bint_khalid
08-15-2007, 09:08 AM
:sl:
Try to relax when your in school, dont engage in too much chit chat, at lunchtime just sit down on a bench and relax.
When it comes to playing sports ask your teacher if you can just read a book or do some thing less tiring. Bring your quran and read that :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.