/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam and hard rock?

viking
08-11-2007, 11:24 PM
i have to ask this question so i was reading up on the news a while back funny the usa had few Islams arrested and they would not even speak one word to the usa soldiers so the usa soldiers put them in a small room and played nothing but hard rock bands like tool metallica, and the hard rock made them go crazy and stuff they was saying stuff like this is very very very evil . so my question is does Islam approve with hard rock? :?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amadeus85
08-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Im hard rock and heavy metal fan, but i guess that its off topic :)

viking
08-11-2007, 11:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
No, it doesn't.

Also, the followers of Islam are referred to as muslims, not 'islams'. :)
so muslims dont approve with hard rock? ;D

viking
08-11-2007, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
You come here and laugh when somebody tells you of their beliefs...that says a lot about you. :rollseyes
no no im not laugh at nobody beliefs what made you think that?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
08-11-2007, 11:51 PM
just for whatever it's worth, i took it the same way.
you are asking a question and laughing, which seems like someone who doesn't really want to know, but to poke fun.
btw, blasting rock music at top volume has been used as a form of torture. (loud noise). even if you yourself like it, i don't think you would want it blasted at you in close quarters for very long.
i think you will find in general, that relgious people do not listen to hard rock.
i am not religious at all, but even i find the lyrics to a lot of popular music disgusting.

beespreeteam
08-12-2007, 07:54 AM
I don't think too many Muslims listen to hard rock lol

yigiter187
08-12-2007, 08:28 AM
no need to listen hard rock for a muslim,because listening QORAN meets all of what you need to listen..

guyabano
08-12-2007, 08:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by viking
i have to ask this question so i was reading up on the news a while back funny the usa had few Islams arrested and they would not even speak one word to the usa soldiers so the usa soldiers put them in a small room and played nothing but hard rock bands like tool metallica, and the hard rock made them go crazy and stuff they was saying stuff like this is very very very evil . so my question is does Islam approve with hard rock? :?
for me it seems, you're just trolling around and show no respect to muslim faith !
Shame on you !

I'm not muslim but also, I don't listen to hard-Rock !

mo_123
08-12-2007, 08:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by viking
alot of hard rock / heavy metal bands are openly followers of satanism and other dark cults, many do the devil sign... the mano cornuto hand gesture...

Amadeus85
08-12-2007, 07:42 PM
I think that hard n heavy is one of the most exciting types of music. From Led Zeppelin to System Of A Down, there are hundreds of great bands. Actually just a tiny minority among them are satanists. I mean about some black and death metal bands, mostly from Scandynavia. Lets be serious, i think that listening to hard music isnt more dangerous than for example watching horror movies or playing violent computer games.

snakelegs
08-12-2007, 09:36 PM
who needs hard rock when there is qawwali? :statisfie
on a more serious note, some of the music of hard rock is ok, but a lot of the lyrics are not the kinds of things i want to fill my head with.

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
08-12-2007, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mo_123
alot of hard rock / heavy metal bands are openly followers of satanism and other dark cults, many do the devil sign... the mano cornuto hand gesture...
yeah so true.........but u know

even if i was not a muslim i still would hate that stuff.....its so wrong:muddlehea :p

czgibson
08-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Greetings,

I agree that the original poster does not seem to want to discuss seriously and respectfully.

Related to the torture issue - here's a paper on it.

Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.