/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Phone Nikaah

dawah_786
08-13-2007, 10:08 AM
In response to my last post 'what do I do?', I thought I would ask seeing as in the uk where I live there seems to be a trend that rather than go over abroad to go get married, many people that I know of are having a nikaah over the phone as it save the air fare cost of travelling to the country. Is a phone nikaah valid as it something that I have not come across in term of religious views?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
08-13-2007, 10:14 AM
:sl:

This is taken from www.islamqa.com :)
Hope it helps Inshallah

Conducting marriage contract by telephone

Question:
I want to get married to a girl but her father is in another country, and at present I cannot travel there for us to be all together, because of financial and other circumstances. I am also in a foreign country. Is it permissible for me to phone her father so that he can say, “I offer you my daughter So and so in marriage,” and I can say, “I accept,” with the consent of the girl and in the presence of two Muslim witnesses who are listening to what he and I say by means of speakers attached to the phone? Would this be considered as a valid marriage contract according to sharee’ah?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

I put this question to our Shaykh al-Mufti al-‘Allaamah ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz, who replied that if what is described is genuine (and there is no cheating involved), then it achieves the purpose of meeting the shar'i conditions of nikaah and the marriage contract is valid. And Allaah knows best.

Shaykh Abd al-‘Azeez ibn ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Baaz

rozeena
08-14-2007, 03:09 PM
lol! sounds funi to us, but these ppl probli in hurry or sumfing or wnt to save money on travelin 2da oda country or sumfin :? i think. where do the nikah papers need to be sent then???

Soulja Girl
08-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Wow, first time I've ever heard of something like that!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
08-17-2007, 07:28 PM
Let me get this right, what does 'Nikaah' means!!??

Umm Yoosuf
08-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah

There is a beautiful fatwa posted if you read it you shall benefit from it.

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...tml#post808113

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-17-2007, 07:56 PM
:salamext:

I've deleted all the unnecessary comments. Since two fataawa have already been posted, I'm going to close this thread to prevent any more inappropriate jokes in the public forum. If the thread starter is still confused, please PM me inshaAllah and I'll consider re-opening the thread.:)

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.