/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Regents Park Mosque Imam was attacked this friday

youngsister
08-13-2007, 11:07 AM
:sl:

:cry:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6943292.stm

He will Isha Allah get what he deserves I hope the Imam gets better Isha Allah.
Hes in my duas

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
08-13-2007, 11:41 AM
:sl:

inshaAllah the imam is ok

Intisar
08-13-2007, 11:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Insha'Allah...

It's so unfair, how a Muslim man can be locked up for 3 months without question on grounds of conspiring towards terror, yet this guy is dealt with in two weeks :hmm: NOT fair I tell you.
Just another example of Islamophobia. :thumbs_do My prayers are with him though, insha'allah he will get better.

chaste
08-13-2007, 12:14 PM
may Allah save us all from all this. i get sometimes scared to go out, especially being a woman

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jzcasejz
08-13-2007, 01:03 PM
As-Salaamu'alaykum

JazaakAllaah Khayr for the post. Sad news. :-\

format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Insha'Allah...

It's so unfair, how a Muslim man can be locked up for 3 months without question on grounds of conspiring towards terror, yet this guy is dealt with in two weeks :hmm: NOT fair I tell you.
True.

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
08-13-2007, 06:48 PM
:muddlehea :cry:

in both eyes!

on a friday!

u see if a man was to go in a church and do that i wonder what would be done:-\

anyways inshallah khair, i hope he gets better real soon inshallah:cry:

Intisar
08-13-2007, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ourra-Tul-'Ain
:muddlehea :cry:

in both eyes!

on a friday!

u see if a man was to go in a church and do that i wonder what would be done:-\

anyways inshallah khair, i hope he gets better real soon inshallah:cry:
Sis, did you go reguarly to see him and for classes? This is kind of off-topic but, Somali miya tahey? :?

Umm Yoosuf
08-13-2007, 06:56 PM
Assalaamu Aliakum Wa Rahmatulaah

Subhan Allah it was a bit of a shock to everyone. Apparently the man was claiming to be Jesus. Last time I heard (saturday) the imam was in a serious condition his eyes are in a really bad state. Allahu Musta'aan. You have crazy people everywhere these days.

Intisar
08-13-2007, 06:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Assalaamu Aliakum Wa Rahmatulaah

Subhan Allah it was a bit of a shock to everyone. Apparently the man was claiming to be Jesus. Last time I heard (saturday) the imam was in a serious condition his eyes are in a really bad state. Allahu Musta'aan. You have crazy people everywhere these days.
What, he claimed to be Jesus? :ooh: He must have been very disturbed. My prayers and supplication go out to him(the imam). :cry:

snakelegs
08-14-2007, 01:10 AM
disgusting. i hope he will not lose his eyesight.

czgibson
08-14-2007, 01:11 AM
Greetings,

I read about this in the newspaper - it's a sickening thing.

According to today's Times the police have charged a 40 year old man with GBH for the attack.

Violence is not the answer.

Peace

snakelegs
08-14-2007, 01:24 AM
what is GBH?
looked at wiki and still don't know.
The letters GBH can stand for: -

Grievous bodily harm, a type of violent crime in English law and the developmental name for the game Grand Theft Auto 2.
Girth at breast height, a standard measurement of the circumference of a tree.
Charged GBH, a British punk rock band often referred to simply as "GBH"
G.B.H., a satirical drama series written by Alan Bleasdale and shown on the British Channel 4 television channel in 1991.
Gordon B. Hinckley, current president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Great blue heron, a wading bird, and a music festival in Sherman, NY, USA: see this link.
Great British Hardcore, a wrestling promotion
God Bless Hashish, a famous phrase originating in the South West of England, and name of an album by the band Los Conios
WGBH, a PBS affiliate in Boston.
G.B.H.2- Lethal Impact (independent tv film production), a gang-warfare action film set in Manchester in 1981.
GHB, when used as a party drug, is occasionally referred to as GBH.
Heel stable Great Bash Heel in New Japan Pro Wrestling

jzcasejz
08-14-2007, 01:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
what is GBH?
looked at wiki and still don't know.
The letters GBH can stand for: -

Grievous bodily harm, a type of violent crime in English law and the developmental name for the game Grand Theft Auto 2.
Girth at breast height, a standard measurement of the circumference of a tree.
Charged GBH, a British punk rock band often referred to simply as "GBH"
G.B.H., a satirical drama series written by Alan Bleasdale and shown on the British Channel 4 television channel in 1991.
Gordon B. Hinckley, current president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Great blue heron, a wading bird, and a music festival in Sherman, NY, USA: see this link.
Great British Hardcore, a wrestling promotion
God Bless Hashish, a famous phrase originating in the South West of England, and name of an album by the band Los Conios
WGBH, a PBS affiliate in Boston.
G.B.H.2- Lethal Impact (independent tv film production), a gang-warfare action film set in Manchester in 1981.
GHB, when used as a party drug, is occasionally referred to as GBH.
Heel stable Great Bash Heel in New Japan Pro Wrestling
^ That's the one!

snakelegs
08-14-2007, 01:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jzcasejz
^ That's the one!
duh - how stupid of me! :muddlehea
for some reason, i read it wrong so the wiki stuff was quite confusing.
blame it on that big bowl of coffee ice cream i just ate.
oh, dear.

Pk_#2
08-15-2007, 11:48 AM
He shouldv'e been done for ABH..inay? Isn;t that a longer sentence..

I mean it's not like the imam attcked him or even fought back :'(

bint_khalid
08-15-2007, 11:57 AM
salaams,did this happen on the streets or actually inside the masjid??
if it was inside the masjid the brothers should have sorted him out:D

Salaam
08-15-2007, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
He shouldv'e been done for ABH..inay? Isn;t that a longer sentence..
No, ABH will not get him a longer sentence, ABH is like when you give someone a slap and it leaves a mark on the face(From what I learnt in the security industry). But what that man did was GBH a bigger offence.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-15-2007, 12:27 PM
May Allah grant him shifa :( Ameen to the other Du'as.

Salaam
08-15-2007, 12:31 PM
i thought the mosque had security guards, where were they at the time???

czgibson
08-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam
i thought the mosque had security guards, where were they at the time???
Good question.

In the news article I read it said that security had been 'stepped up' at the mosque as a response. It didn't mention what the security guards were doing at the time of the attack.

Peace

Ourra-Tul-'Ain
08-15-2007, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
Sis, did you go reguarly to see him and for classes? This is kind of off-topic but, Somali miya tahey? :?
sallam sister,

in regards to the above, i have never even seen him, but its just so sad to hear that news...........was it not for everyone?:hmm: inshallah he will get better very soon:D

oh, n I am Somali:D ......let me write something........iska waran,:-[ hope I spelt it correctly.

julie sarri
08-15-2007, 02:21 PM
:sl: i heard from a friend who know a brother who works in the book shop in regents park that the man had come to the mosque on thursday to ask about islam the imaan had talked to him then early on friday morning he came back to the mosque and asked the securiy to let him in the imann came down and told them to let him in as he had talked to him the day befor.then when they went inside the man jumped on the imaan and started hitting him he put his fingers in the imaans eyes and tryed to pull them out from the sockets the imaan backed up and the man run out side and started shouting at people he was christ then the police came the imaan is recovering in hospital.

May Allaah grant him a fast recovery and heal him ameen

bint_khalid
08-15-2007, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by julie sarri
:sl: i heard from a friend who know a brother who works in the book shop in regents park that the man had come to the mosque on thursday to ask about islam the imaan had talked to him then early on friday morning he came back to the mosque and asked the securiy to let him in the imann came down and told them to let him in as he had talked to him the day befor.then when they went inside the man jumped on the imaan and started hitting him he put his fingers in the imaans eyes and tryed to pull them out from the sockets the imaan backed up and the man run out side and started shouting at people he was christ then the police came the imaan is recovering in hospital.

May Allaah grant him a fast recovery and heal him ameen
ameen :( thats so SO sad.
#why didnt the security guards jump on him after he attacked the imaam? the other people in the masjid should also have beaten up this racist thug.

Neelam92
08-15-2007, 02:43 PM
thats terrible :'(
it really is sad when i hear about others being attacked
may Allah swt protect the imaans pain and make his eyes better ..ameen
yeh its a schock i hope the imaan's family r okay
it sounds like another islamicphobia
its so discusting

really a shock
i really do get scared to go out on my own

nadia85
08-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Thats so bad

*KB*
08-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Assalamualaykum
May Allah Keep All Of Us Safe And The Muslim Ummah Respected.
Assalamualaykum

sevgi
08-18-2007, 12:08 PM
i find it really hard to comprehemd why we can live like normal human beings amongst eachother...

its drives me nuts.

let the big guys tough out the battle of whos better and whose worse...let us little ones just do our duties of living in serenity.

peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.