/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Banking and Islam

ahmadsaeed
08-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Asalam u alakum,

Hope every one is fine. I have a question about banking and islam.

Now a days there is a big discussion going own that working with banks is the same like taking and giving interest "SOOD". but when i ask them about argument since we can not reject some thing without argument they say we dont know.

If any one of you have information about this topic i will be very glad to know that.

Regards,

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nocturne
09-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Assalamualaikum,

I quote this from this country Islamic authority. Hopefully it helps and inshallah, allah (s.w.t) will guide us.

Is it permissible for one to work in a disco, bank or financial company that manages riba-based transactions, if it is with the sole intention of earning a living?

Muslims are forbidden from going to discos or nightclubs, what more to work there, regardless of the position. This is because discos are a place of vice, full of women who do not cover their aurah, free mixing of the sexes, dancing, singing and consumption of alcohol. The same goes for riba as riba is haram and one is forbidden to be involved in riba-based transactions.

Hence, in principle, Muslims must stay away from these things. However, in isolated situations such as there are no available jobs other than the one available in such places for one to take up in order to earn a living, it is therefore allowed, as its sole purpose is to support oneself and one’s family. At the same time, such a person must make utmost effort to find another job so as not to go on working in alcohol or riba-based industries.

http://www.muis.gov.sg/eservices/faq...#2005329125811

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.