/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Helping Families in Palestine, Please Help

Woodrow
08-14-2007, 01:44 PM
:sl:

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

As many of you are aware there are many people in Palestine suffering unbearably. Poverty is widespread, unemployment is probably the highest in the world and The Palestinian People are in great despair.

There are several good organizations that are helping and we should support these organizations if possible. But, remember that these organizations do not help specific people. Some that I have checked out are:

Muslim Hands
http://www.muslimhands.org/Site/Pages/Home

Just Giving

http://www.justgiving.com

Some members are aware of information about specific people in Palestine that need help. Please use this thread to tell us what is known about the people and if any procedure has been established to help the people directly.
Give sufficient information so that members can verify the family and that they are the ones who will receive the assistance.Remember, that LI staff does not have the ability to verify claims about individuals. All claims need to be verified by the person making the requests.

Addendum: To those seeking to help an individual family. State as specifically how you intend for any donations to be collected and how you plan to verify it will be used as stated. The more verifiable information you can give, the more helpful it will be. LI can not take the responsibility to prove the accuracy of each claim. It is up to the person making the requests to clearly state their plans and to provide verification as requested.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
08-14-2007, 06:57 PM
If you are aware of any specific people or families post their stories here and any suggested ways in which people can help. There have been many requests at various times for help to assist Palestinian families. If you are one of the people that had tried to post a request in the past, please repost it here.

palestinemuslim
08-15-2007, 07:10 AM
salam alykum my brothers and sisters in Islam,

May Allah reward you brother Woodrow for your great efforts to help palestinian families.

May Allah protect you and save u ,ameen.

Palestinian Family cry need help and Relief

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

“The parable of those who spend their substance in the way of Allah is that of a grain of corn: it groweth seven ears, and each ear Hath a hundred grains. Allah giveth manifold increase to whom He pleaseth: And Allah careth for all and He knoweth all things. “
I did not find better than words of Allah to begin this message to all my brothers and sisters in islam .

Here is Palestinian family from Gaza – palestine live in camp in Gaza the family live in very bad conditions and the family do not have income source and as the father of this family is sick .

The family consist of thirteen , the Father is sick and does not work since many years They do not get any help just help of Allah .

The family is registered as very special harship case in the United Nation Agency office in Gaza.
Also the municipality and many companies and others people ask my family to pay more than six thousands dollars fees of electricity and water services and others debts .

the family live in old and small home not appropiate for human living , they need food ,drink and clothes our brothers and sisters in this family need relief and aid quickly .

I ask you with name of Allah the lord of universe to care about this and try to finance and help us as much you can . the family have many papers and certificates which certify about their case , they can send it to you andyou can check about the family case by the way you choose it .

Please the family need your support and help , do not leave them alone .

“And the likeness of those who spend their substance, seeking to please Allah and to strengthen their souls, is as a garden, high and fertile: heavy rain falls on it but makes it yield a double increase of harvest, and if it receives not Heavy rain, light moisture sufficeth it. Allah seeth well whatever ye do “ .

My brothers and sisters , I need your cooperation with me , how to make fundraising for this family and others families in Palestine.

Paypal service do not work in palestine.
so if anyone can make paypal account for this family , to let people donate for this family . and then transfer money to the family directly.

i want your replies and help in this thing.

palestinemuslim
08-15-2007, 11:11 AM
salam alykum my brothers and sisters,

today, i talked with the Director of Muslims hands,
and he was happy about helping the palestinian families.

my brothers and sisters, please wait us the next week inshallah .
we will begin the Fundraising campaign the next week inshallah.

we just make some arrangements with Muslims Hands .

so i hope from u brothers and sisters to be ready the next week inshallah.

salam alykum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ebtisweetsam
08-15-2007, 11:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by palestinemuslim
salam alykum my brothers and sisters in Islam,

May Allah reward you brother Woodrow for your great efforts to help palestinian families.

May Allah protect you and save u ,ameen.

Palestinian Family cry need help and Relief

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

“The parable of those who spend their substance in the way of Allah is that of a grain of corn: it groweth seven ears, and each ear Hath a hundred grains. Allah giveth manifold increase to whom He pleaseth: And Allah careth for all and He knoweth all things. “
I did not find better than words of Allah to begin this message to all my brothers and sisters in islam .

Here is Palestinian family from Gaza – palestine live in camp in Gaza the family live in very bad conditions and the family do not have income source and as the father of this family is sick .

The family consist of thirteen , the Father is sick and does not work since many years They do not get any help just help of Allah .

The family is registered as very special harship case in the United Nation Agency office in Gaza.
Also the municipality and many companies and others people ask my family to pay more than six thousands dollars fees of electricity and water services and others debts .

the family live in old and small home not appropiate for human living , they need food ,drink and clothes our brothers and sisters in this family need relief and aid quickly .

I ask you with name of Allah the lord of universe to care about this and try to finance and help us as much you can . the family have many papers and certificates which certify about their case , they can send it to you andyou can check about the family case by the way you choose it .

Please the family need your support and help , do not leave them alone .

“And the likeness of those who spend their substance, seeking to please Allah and to strengthen their souls, is as a garden, high and fertile: heavy rain falls on it but makes it yield a double increase of harvest, and if it receives not Heavy rain, light moisture sufficeth it. Allah seeth well whatever ye do “ .

My brothers and sisters , I need your cooperation with me , how to make fundraising for this family and others families in Palestine.

Paypal service do not work in palestine.
so if anyone can make paypal account for this family , to let people donate for this family . and then transfer money to the family directly.

i want your replies and help in this thing.
Brother Woodrow, what can we do to make sure our money goes to this family in particular?

palestinemuslim
08-15-2007, 11:24 AM
salam alykum my sister,

the money will go to Muslims Hands in Uk , then Muslims Hands will transfer money to the Palestinian families,

inshallah the campaign for fundraising will be for many families in palestine.
this family is one of them.

so inshallah , wait the next week, as we make the arrangements with Muslims Hands . as the donation will be held online , and money will be to Muslims Hands to sponsor these families.

salam

Woodrow
08-15-2007, 11:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
Brother Woodrow, what can we do to make sure our money goes to this family in particular?
Muslim Hands does provide assistance to those desiring to start a personalized campaign and they do act as a central clearing house to verify it is used as the individual plan states it will be used.

The purpose of this thread is to provide a central location for all individuals and agencies seeking aid for people in Palestine. There have been several people requesting we assist families. No donations are being collected by LI or in the name of LI.

To be honest I can not do anything to guarantee anything.

It is wise for each individual to check carefully before donating money for any cause. Hopefully this thread can be used for each of us to find suitable ways to help and to offer suggestions to those who attempting to help specific individuals.

palestinemuslim
08-15-2007, 11:51 AM
salam alykum,

my brother Woodrow,

the Muslims Hands have its ways to sure of the families poverty .

the have social reserachers and agencies who make studies and social records.

the Muslims Hands just help who need help. and i send the proofs of families poverty and they agree on that .

so inshallah , just wait 1 week , we make arrangements with Muslims Hands to start fundraising the next week inshallah.

salam alykum

Woodrow
08-15-2007, 12:03 PM
This is redundant. But I just recieved this PM from Bro. Palestinemuslim and with his permission I am pasting it here.

salam alykum my brother in Islam.
today i met the Muslims Hands Director in Palestine.

subhanAllah , the Muslims Hands office in palestine has been opened since 1 month,

and subhanAllah the Director of muslims hands is my friend.
he welcomed to make fundraising to the palestinian family. and he told me to give him 1 week. to make arrangement of fundraising to the family .

so please wait 1 week for the fundraising campaign for the palestinian families by Muslims Hands inshallah.
the campaign will be to help 3 families in palestine.

it will be sponsor 3 large families in palestine for 1 year inshallah.

it will be first step to sponsor many families after that by the help of muslims Hands.
This will be a verifiable plan and allow for individual checks. It is best if each individual who is planning to help individual families do so by working with an established charitable organization. Muslim Hands is not the only agency, but it is one that does have a good record and they keep an open profile as to what is done.

Ebtisweetsam
08-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Mashallah, mabrouk (congratulations) for both of your efforts... May Allah SWT reward you both with Paradise.... Alhamdullah, good news at last!

We must tell everyone we know to give for these families, Ramadhan is coming, the Month of Rewards.... what better way to start it!:sunny:

Woodrow
08-15-2007, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ebtisweetsam
Mashallah, mabrouk (congratulations) for both of your efforts... May Allah SWT reward you both with Paradise.... Alhamdullah, good news at last!

We must tell everyone we know to give for these families, Ramadhan is coming, the Month of Rewards.... what better way to start it!:sunny:
I thank you for the congratulations. However, this is all the result of Bro. Palestinemuslim. It is through his persistance and desire to help the family that he has found the means by which they can be helped in a verifiable, controlled manner. He did a lot of hard work and did a lot of running around in Palestine to carry it this far.

May we all make Du'a that his efforts will result in much needed help for the family.

palestinemuslim
08-15-2007, 12:46 PM
salam alykum my brothers and sisters ,

here is 3 clips videos about the Palestinians children

the First Clip Video for Palestine children in Palestine and how much they suffer everyday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW378WuFQJI

the second clip also for Palestine children in Palestine and their hard living.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7Sxi7W8OmA

the third Clip about the palestinians life .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QHtWB_gRko

palestinemuslim
08-15-2007, 01:31 PM
salam alykum, :sl:
Thanks my sister Ebtisweetsam,

now, your role my brothers and sisters to tell all your friends in the world about the fundraising which will begin soon.

i hope that everyone be ready inshallah, for fundraising for the Palestinian families in Gaza,

these families suffer and live hard life in Palestine.
Our Target is to feed (sponsor ) these families for 1 year inshallah. and this fundraising will be held inshallah by Muslims Hands in Uk to sponsor these families for 1 year.

Inshallah this is our first step , and it is inshallah , the first program of Muslims Hands in Palestine to sponsor the very poor families inshallah.

as , Alhamdulillah , Muslims Hands has opened its Office in Palestine since 1 month .

and this fundraising will be the first program for Muslims Hands in Palestine.

I hope from all my brothers and sisters be ready inshallah to begin the fundraising for the poo Palestinian families sponsorship .

and i hope that you tell others (friends) and others people about this big campaign which will begin the next week inshallah.

sister herb
08-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Salaam alaykum;

as a background what is real situation in Gaza right now, hopely this article tells something:

Governor of Khan Younis: Gaza Strip faces a humanitarian disaster

Thursday August 16, 2007 09:48 by Rami Almeghari - IMEMC & Agencies

Governor of Khan Younis city in southern Gaza Strip, Osama Alfarra, confirmed yesterday that the Gaza Strip has entered a real humanitarian disaster with Israeli closure remains in place and commercial crossings closed.

aL-Farra, who was welcoming a delegation of donor countries’ representatives, explained the difficulties faced by the seven local rural councils in the city amidst the strict closure of Gaza Strip since June.

The agriculture sector, a pillar of the city’s economy, has been drastically impacted by the Israeli siege for farmers’ inability to export their goods to the outside world, aL-Farra maintained.

He pointed out that the health apparatus has suffered a shortage of medical equipment, while hundreds of sick people have been unable to receive medication in abroad.

On another note, the Khan Younis governor decried the frequent Israeli army invasions into the eastern parts of the city, saying that such ‘crimes’ have claimed lives of innocent civilians and caused a widespread destruction of arable lands.

aL-Farra called on the donor countries to help lift the Israeli closure, so that basic goods and commodities will again flow into the Gaza Strip.

From his part, Renei Acoron, external relations chief at the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine refugees (UNRWA), promised to exert every possible effort to urge Israel reopen the crossings.

Speaking to the IMEMC , Adnan Abu Hasna, spokesman of the UNRWA, had affirmed that if the crossings won’t be reopened in the next few weeks, the Gaza Strip’s population will depend entirely on the humanitarian aids, a thing that ‘has never happened’.

In mid June, following the Hamas takeover of the Gaza Strip, Israel imposed a strict closure on the Gaza Strip, for what Israel considered ‘concern over Israel’s security’.

Israel never recognized a Hamas-led government since the Islamist group has taken power after last January’s legislative elections.

http://www.imemc.org/article/49914

--------------------------------------------
Personally when I talk with my friends whose live in Gaza, I afraid to ask "how is your life?" :grumbling

palestinemuslim
08-30-2007, 08:05 AM
salam alykum my brothers and sisters in Islam

the Muslim Hands called me yesterday, and they aplogized that they had some problems in their programs with palestine. and that they can not transfer money to Palestine . as they stopped their programs there.

the palestine family opened account number at Bank of Palestine in Gaza.

so my brothers and sisters we just have 1 way to help the palestine family.

it is just by Bank account.

so if u are still interested in helping the palestine family.
please let me know , until i send to u all details of their bank account.

i talked with brother Our Sheikh Feiz Mohammed from Australia( The Famous and the Scholar Islamic Preacher from Australia ) , and he courage me to help the palestine families. and he said , he will also help in my campaign to help this palestine family.

my brothers and sisters we just have 1 way to help the palestine family , it is by transfer money to their bank account .

i will send the details soon of the family account in the bank.

miqu
08-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Great Thread, i'm also currently developing a website about Palestine in my own country language, the information in here will be valuable.

Woodrow
08-31-2007, 12:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by palestinemuslim
salam alykum my brothers and sisters in Islam

the Muslim Hands called me yesterday, and they aplogized that they had some problems in their programs with palestine. and that they can not transfer money to Palestine . as they stopped their programs there.

the palestine family opened account number at Bank of Palestine in Gaza.

so my brothers and sisters we just have 1 way to help the palestine family.

it is just by Bank account.

so if u are still interested in helping the palestine family.
please let me know , until i send to u all details of their bank account.

i talked with brother Our Sheikh Feiz Mohammed from Australia( The Famous and the Scholar Islamic Preacher from Australia ) , and he courage me to help the palestine families. and he said , he will also help in my campaign to help this palestine family.

my brothers and sisters we just have 1 way to help the palestine family , it is by transfer money to their bank account .

i will send the details soon of the family account in the bank.
:w:

I was given the Skype ID for a Palestinian Businessman in Ramallah. I finished talking with him on Skype a few minutes ago. He was quite helpful. I will be PM'ng Brother Palestinemuslim with the details of the phone conversation.

I believe very shortly we will be able to set up something in a manner any donations will go directly to the family in a safe, legal, secure, verifiable manner.

For some reason (Gov't Red Tape) Muslim Hands is unable to provide the assistance needed for Palestine.

Woodrow
09-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Mashallah, the phone and emails have been very productive. I am now in contact with a fine group that is actively helping in Palestine and is headquartered here in Austin.

http://www.marhabafrompalestine.com/

The name of the organization is:

Palestine Children's Welfare Fund. Austin, Texas 78745 Support the children of Palestine by buying Palestinian arts and crafts. Sustain the Palestinian economy and provide jobs for the men, women and farmers in Palestine to live with pride and dignity TILL WE RETURN.
http://www.pcwf.org/

I will be sending a PM to Brother Palestinemuslim shortly, outlining what he and I need to do.

Woodrow
09-02-2007, 08:01 PM
can people not in Palestine actually help people in Palestine?

This following quote is from a Jewish Group in Austin that is supporting efforts to help Palestinians.

UPDATE: Delegatation Return Event scheduled for 12:45 pm at the baggage claim level of Austin Bergstrom International Airport, Monday, June 24, 2002. Please join friends, family, and other supporters in welcoming the delegates back upon their return. Members of the press are invited to come and ask questions of the delegates at this return event press conference.

The delegation has received generous emotional and financial support from the Austin community. The local office of the American Friends Service Committee supported the work of Patrice Mallard in organizing the delegation.

Members of Austin's Jewish community held a Shabbat Dinner on a Friday night in May to support the Women of Color delegation to Palestine. Virginia Raymond, Tom Kolker, and their family organized the evening, which was co-hosted by a number of other Jewish Austinites. Traditional elements of the Jewish Sabbath ritual were observed, such as sharing challah bread, lighting Shabbat candles, drinking wine, saying blessings and singing songs. Those present shared their hopes and wishes for the trip with the delegates, who in turn spoke of what they hoped to accomplish by traveling to the Middle East. A diverse group of more than 50 people ate together, danced together, and talked together in Spanish, Arabic, Hebrew, Hindi, French, and English. Over $900.00 was raised through this event.

Hundreds more were raised at Poets for Liberation, an event organized by delegate Carole Metellus. Another delegate, Dr. Joni Jones, served as M.C. for the night, and Austin area writers Sharon Bridgforth, Susan Bright, Rajasvini Bhansali, Muna Hamzeh, Jennifer Margulies, and Carole Metellus read their work. The excellent food was donated by Marakesh Cafe and Grill.

From San Antonio, the Esperanza Peace and Justice Center is supporting a special project called Tatreez (The Needlework Project). The five delegates from Austin's Women of Color delegation have established Tatreez to purchase textiles and other artwork from Palestinian women living in refugee camps, as a small but tangible and ongoing means of supporting women and families living under siege. The Esperanza Center is accepting tax-deductible donations for the purchase of materials and is providing a sales and exhibit outlet for the artwork upon the delegation's return.
Source: http://delegation.bravepages.com/Community%20Support.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.