/* */

PDA

View Full Version : About Al Quraan (and some about corruption of Bible)

Zilam
08-16-2007, 07:00 PM
:sl:

I have heard many times before about how the Christian Bible is corrupt or changed, and God sent Al Quraan down to mankind as an unchanged final revelation. There is a few problems that exist in my mind when I think about this.

1) Why didn't God just preserve the Injeel and such, but is willing to preserve al quraan? It would seem to be logical that if God's word was able to be changed a first time by men, then perhaps man is somehow smarter than God. Now we all know that the previous statement is NOT true, as God is all knowing. So how then were men able to change God's word?

2)I hear that the bible is corrupt because it was written by men. Here is how it (or at least the NT letters) was written.

Problem within a church------->Problem come to a christian leader---------> Christian leader prays and receives instruction from God-----------Christian leader writes it down and sends to church---------- problem solved.

Notice that although it was written down by a man, it was inspired by God.

Now, if you look at how the Quraan was written it was in a similar fashion. There was no complete book that just feel from the sky. Mohammed (peace upon him) was getting revelation from an angel of God, and either he or his servants/friends would write it down.

So in both cases you have revelation from God directly into men. The men have it written down, and given to followers/other believers. By logic, we can assume that if one group of men can corrupt direct revelation from God, then can we not say the same about the second group?

A logical construction would look like this:

1) God gives "y revelation" to "x man"
2) "x Man" is fallible and can corrupt.

Now we can replace "x" man with any person, and y revelation with any holy scripture, and it could be considered true.

Now, on to the next part.

As a Christian, I realize that the Bible put together today may or may not be complete, meaning there could theoretically be more added to that. I don't see the New Testament as direct doctrine from God for all of man kind, but rather as advice spoken through his followers, to other followers with different problems. My belief is that God's word is larger than what can be contained in any book. For example, God speaks a word, and the universe is created, so how are we to say that we can contain all of his revelation to man in one final book? That applies for both the bible and the quraan. God's word will never change, but problems in mankind do change, and thus the advice given is going to be different from previous. God's word is eternal, and living in every believer. If we wish to seek out His will for us, we only have to look into our heart and hear Him speak directly to us.

With my thoughts about the bible being said now, I want to point out that I do believe it points to the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. With over 20,000 ancient manuscripts found, all of which are near identical, how can one say that the original message of the gospel has been lost? When was it lost? If we have the very early manuscripts from the first christians, the followers of Christ himself, saying that He is salvation and God in flesh, then shouldn't we think that Christ was a poor teach and prophet, because he couldn't get the message of the oneness of God(according to Islam) across well enough? It might be understandable if the message was changed some hundred years after all the disciples died, but from the writings of the apostles, and non Christian historians, we see how the early Christians are more or less the same as today.

So what say ye?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
back_to_faith
08-17-2007, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zilam
:sl:

, I want to point out that I do believe it points to the truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. With over 20,000 ancient manuscripts found, all of which are near identical, how can one say that the original message of the gospel has been lost? When was it lost? If we have the very early manuscripts from the first christians, the followers of Christ himself, saying that He is salvation and God in flesh, then shouldn't we think that Christ was a poor teach and prophet, because he couldn't get the message of the oneness of God(according to Islam) across well enough? It might be understandable if the message was changed some hundred years after all the disciples died, but from the writings of the apostles, and non Christian historians, we see how the early Christians are more or less the same as today.

So what say ye?
Dear Zilam,
All your questions has been discussed and still there is a discussion about it in this thread

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...rrupted-4.html

you're welcome to share us there

peace

- Qatada -
08-22-2007, 03:47 PM
1) Why didn't God just preserve the Injeel and such, but is willing to preserve al quraan? It would seem to be logical that if God's word was able to be changed a first time by men, then perhaps man is somehow smarter than God. Now we all know that the previous statement is NOT true, as God is all knowing. So how then were men able to change God's word?

The revelation of the previous nations was to be preserved by the people who received it – since it was specific for it’s people, however the final revelation (i.e. the Qur’an) was promised to be preserved by God Himself, and the duty of it’s followers would be to convey it to the rest of humanity.

So we see that the duty of each Prophet's people is different, one nations duty is to preserve it - since they do not have to convey it to the rest of humanity. The duty of the followers of Allaah's final Messenger, Muhammad (peace be upon him) is to convey the message to the rest of humanity, so Allaah preserves it for them.

Now, if you look at how the Quraan was written it was in a similar fashion. There was no complete book that just feel from the sky. Mohammed (peace upon him) was getting revelation from an angel of God, and either he or his servants/friends would write it down.

So in both cases you have revelation from God directly into men. The men have it written down, and given to followers/other believers. By logic, we can assume that if one group of men can corrupt direct revelation from God, then can we not say the same about the second group?

A logical construction would look like this:

1) God gives "y revelation" to "x man"
2) "x Man" is fallible and can corrupt.

The companions of Allah's final Messenger, Muhammad (peace be upon him) writ the Qur'an within his lifetime. He would tell them what to write, and they would write it. Other companions who were able to read/write also were with the one who writ, so that if any mistakes were made - they could correct him. Then they would recite what was written to ensure that it was written correctly without error.

The Qur’an is a book of guidance and direction for the whole of mankind. It is the Words of Allah, which were conveyed in Arabic to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him.) The Qur’an, sometimes spelt Koran was relayed to the Prophet’s companions, which they memorised verbatim. It was completely written down in the lifetime of the Prophet (peace be upon him.) So unlike other scriptures, the Qur’an was always known to be God’s Word (it wasn’t something decreed by a religious council many years after being written) and, due to widespread memorisation, it was perfectly preserved. The Qur’an is a universal scripture, and it is addressed to all of mankind, and not to a particular tribe or “chosen people”. The message it brings is the same message of all the prophets – submit to Almighty God and worship Him Alone.

Peace. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.