/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions needed please

Ghira
08-16-2007, 10:41 PM
I am trying to find good actions to perform consistently other than 5 daily prayers, fasting mon/thurs, and reading the Qur'an. Any suggestions would be great.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
08-16-2007, 10:52 PM
^
LEMME TRY DO THEM, DEN ILL GET BAK TO YOU! :)

Ghira
08-17-2007, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umma Wasat
^
LEMME TRY DO THEM, DEN ILL GET BAK TO YOU! :)
Ha..Lol...They are easy to do with a little help with fajr...I am sure you can do it and Allah (swt) is the one who guides so ask Allah (swt) for help sincerely. Any suggestions please.

highway_trekker
08-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Supporting a family in need...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sabah
08-17-2007, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghira
I am trying to find good actions to perform consistently other than 5 daily prayers, fasting mon/thurs, and reading the Qur'an. Any suggestions would be great.
mashaallah, you remind me of how much more i should be doing alhamdulilah. any wayz do you supplicate.
In a verse from Quran, Allah directly addresses "And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way. (Bakara 2, 186)"

just a sugesstion!

islamirama
08-17-2007, 02:38 PM
As'salaamu alaikum,

There's a hadith that you should do 1 hajj, feed the poor, free a slave,give 1000dhirams in chairty, and few other things daily. And if you can't then prophet s.aw. mentions what things you can recite and it will equal to that. Inshallah i'll try to find the info and get back to you on it.

In addition to that you can do the following daily.

Surah Nas, Falaq and Ihlas 3 times after every salah- protection from jinns and evil
ayatul kursi - after every salaah and at night time - ongoing protection from all evil
Astagfar 70x - prpphet s.a.w used to say it 70x daily
Subhanallah wabi hamid subhanallah al-azeem - 100x daily - wipes out your sins even if amount equal to that of the foam on the oceans

Ghira
08-17-2007, 03:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabah
mashaallah, you remind me of how much more i should be doing alhamdulilah. any wayz do you supplicate.
In a verse from Quran, Allah directly addresses "And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way. (Bakara 2, 186)"

just a sugesstion!
JazakAllahu khair for suggestion. Yes I supplicate Alhumdulilah...It was reported that Prophet (saw) said two supplications the MOST..One report was supplication

"Our Lord give us good in this life and give us good in the hereafter and save us from the punishment of the hell-fire"...ameen

The other was reported by his wife Aiysha said he said this dua frequently:
"Ya muqalibil quloob thabit qalbi 'ala deenik"
"Oh changer/turner of the hearts make my heart firm upon your deen (way)."
It is proper to say Allahuma before this du'a I heard it is good etiquette to have.

Alhumdulilah I say ayatul Kursi after every salaah thanks to my grandfather always reminding me. I say the 3 quls and ayat kursi before going to sleep...alhumdulilah. But I sometimes forget because I sleep alone...i guess. It is always good for someone to remind you and do the actions with you...increases your chances of you doing it CONSISTENTLY which is what our Prophet (saw) encouraged. Well any other suggestions...I am a student so I cannot support a family in need now. I will keep that one in mind.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-17-2007, 03:48 PM
this one works great trust me:

"Go ask ur mum wat she needs at least once every half n hour" <--- IT JUST FILLS UP UR DAY WIV GOOD DEEDS :D

Ghira
08-17-2007, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
this one works great trust me:

"Go ask ur mum wat she needs at least once every half n hour" <--- IT JUST FILLS UP UR DAY WIV GOOD DEEDS :D
There you go this is a good one...Man, she still ask me to do things even when I don't ask...I need to work on this one...thanks for the reminder...May Allah (swt) reward you.

My Mother is barely home these days...My Grandmother is home a lot and she tells me to do things a lot because she cannot walk too much. Make dua for her.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-17-2007, 03:54 PM
^ inshaAllah :)

u can also visit ur close relatives more often, "and keep up relations" nabi sallallahi alaihi wasallaam stressed it a lot :D

Kittygyal
08-17-2007, 07:17 PM
helping me by praying for me!

Ghira
08-18-2007, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ inshaAllah :)

u can also visit ur close relatives more often, "and keep up relations" nabi sallallahi alaihi wasallaam stressed it a lot :D
Alright...i like that one...we have many people we can visit.

Prophet (saw):
"Spread food..Give the invitation and answer the invitation. Give the salaam to those who you know and those who you don't know.

Pk_#2
08-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Ha..Lol...They are easy to do with a little help with fajr...I am sure you can do it and Allah (swt) is the one who guides so ask Allah (swt) for help sincerely. Any suggestions please.
Fajr's the easy one, i need help on Asr ...keep forgetting it! :laugh:

Make breakfast in bed for your parents, its easy, parents hardly eat anything in the morning, just make it while you make your own. :D InshaAllah wa ta'ala , you try that and i'll keep trying too.

Woodrow
08-18-2007, 05:18 PM
:sl:

Very good thoughts. Also remember that every neighborhood has people that are shut-ins because of age or illness. Check around and see if you can find some that could use some help with things like little runs to the grocery store etc.

Ghira
08-19-2007, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
helping me by praying for me!
I think I do that consistently for all Muslims. As you may know people always ask for you to pray for them so I think this du'a that Prophet (saw) encouraged us to say will suffice.
English translation only sorry

"Allhumma (Oh Allah) forgive me, my parents, my teachers, all the Muslim men, all the Muslim women, all the believing men, all the believing women, and bestow your mercy upon us...Oh most merciful of those who show mercy."

So I think you sister are included in this dua...alhumdulilah. Asking forgiveness is one of the best forms of dua. :)

Kittygyal
08-19-2007, 09:05 PM
^ thanx much appreciated

zarhad
08-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Volenteer work is great its a form of charity and there is something so beautiful about doing something for others and not expecting anything in return:)

Ghira
08-19-2007, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
As'salaamu alaikum,

There's a hadith that you should do 1 hajj, feed the poor, free a slave,give 1000dhirams in chairty, and few other things daily. And if you can't then prophet s.aw. mentions what things you can recite and it will equal to that. Inshallah i'll try to find the info and get back to you on it.

In addition to that you can do the following daily.

Surah Nas, Falaq and Ihlas 3 times after every salah- protection from jinns and evil
ayatul kursi - after every salaah and at night time - ongoing protection from all evil
Astagfar 70x - prpphet s.a.w used to say it 70x daily
Subhanallah wabi hamid subhanallah al-azeem - 100x daily - wipes out your sins even if amount equal to that of the foam on the oceans

Can you please look up that hadith for me and tell me if it is authentic...I would really like to know.

Saying astighfar 70x is good. The Prophet (saw) said "All of son of Adam are sinners and the best of sinners are those who repent." The word the Prophet (saw) used in this hadith is tawaboon which is similar but different then saying astaghfirAllah. Making tauba has conditions like (1) sincere repentece, (2) promise to stop the act, (3) never to return to the act, (4) regret/remorse that you performed the act. Saying astighfarAllah has these condition but you are not sure if you will do it again or return to it. So you did something such as looking at haram but you are not sure if you will return to that act again so you say astaghfirAllah. Well your comment reminded me of that and I did get it from a recognized scholar (Anwar Alawlaki) and I hope you understand.

Saying "Allahu akhbar" (Allah is the greatest), "Alhumdulilah" (All praise and thanks be to Allah), and "SubhanAllah" (Allah is free from all imperfections) 33times (some narrations say Allahu akhbar 34x) then ending it with "There is no illa except Allah, He is one, with no partner, To Him belongs the dominion, To Him belongs all the praise, and He has power of everthing." Saying this fulfills the same thing (all (MINOR) sins equivalent to the foam of the sea). Major sins ones a person has to make sincere tauba. I share this because it has same reward as the one you mentioned and to me at least takes shorter amount of time. Allahu 'alim.
:)

islamirama
08-19-2007, 10:05 PM

Can you please look up that hadith for me and tell me if it is authentic...I would really like to know.
:w:

here's what i was talking about. But i still have to find the source for it so inshallah bear with me.

Rasulullah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam instructed Ali RadhiAllahu anhu to perform five acts every night before going to bed.

#1) Give 4,000 dinaar, gold coins, as Sadaqah

#2) Read the Qur’an Shareef once.

#3) Pay the price of Jannah.

#4) Reconcile two fighting persons.

#5) Perform Hajj.

Ali RadhiAllahu anhu said: Ya Rasulullah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam, this is difficult for me. I will not be able to do that. Whereupon Rasulullah SallAllahu alaihi wasallam replied:

Recite Surah Fatiha 4 times and the reward for giving 4,000 dinaar will be recorded in your Book of Deeds.

Recite Surah Ikhlas 3 times, and this will be equal to the reward of reciting one Qur’an Shareef.

Recite Durood Shareef 3 times, and this will be the reward of paying the price of Jannah.

Recite Astaghfirullah 10 times and you will receive the reward of reconciling two fighting persons.

Recite the third Kalimah 4 times to receive the reward of performing one Hajj.

On hearing this Ali RadhiAllahu anhu said, Insha’Allah I will perform these acts every day before going to bed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.