/* */

PDA

View Full Version : To what extent is family planning allowed ?

AnonymousPoster
08-16-2007, 11:15 PM
:sl:

Is it haram to say (and act on) that when I grow up I only want to have two children :-\ :-[ ?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
08-17-2007, 12:55 PM
:sl:

quoting from islamqa
http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref...#37;20children

to summarise muslims are encouraged to have children, men are told to marry fertile women, and unless there is a reason to stop having children (like its harmful for mother/kids had to be delivered by c-section etc) then it is not allowed.
contraception is allowed but not on a permanent basis

and Allah knows best

IbnAbdulHakim
08-17-2007, 04:23 PM
umar radhiallahu anhu use to force himself to cohabit (i cudnt find a better word :hiding:)with his wives at times when he felt no desire whilst making the dua' " oh Allah bestow upon me a son who will glorify you"

SOURCE: Seerah of Umar - Anwar Al-Awlaki

Explenation: Allah grants lives, and Allah takes care of them for those who have Tawwaqul, it might seem like your not financially fit etc to take care of so many but then who knows where Allah will give rizq from.

united
08-17-2007, 05:47 PM
children are like drugs. you may say one or two but they can be addictive :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tryinghard
08-23-2007, 04:12 AM
:sl: I don't think that what you're thinking is necessarily haraam, but you have to be careful because certain contraceptives, particularly birth control pills which have an effect on your body are haraam. And, Allah will decide what is best for you and your family.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.