/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is any here from Italy/Milan? Q about Racism?

deen_2007
08-18-2007, 12:24 AM
salam all....

next week i will be going to Italy with my Sister, I'll be staying in Milan for a week. Im just a little worried about racism in Italy. Just wondered does anyone know how Italy or Milan is in regards to racism?

I obviously will be wearing a scarf,so i was just wondering does anyone know what kind of reaction i may recieve? i may be using the transports there. :-\
I dont know much about Italy, so i wondered if anyone can help as i googled but couldnt find any specific articles...

anyway thanks all

:w: :thankyou:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
08-18-2007, 06:53 AM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Ma uncle lives in Milan, he says there is racism at some parts but the area he lives in mashaAllah there are alot of Muslims :)

He used to work in Rome and he said the only Muslim he knew there was a collegue from work :o|

You won't be alone inshaAllah, all the best! Have fun :D

wilberhum
08-18-2007, 07:06 AM
I lived/worked in Milan for a year. I found that many Italians don't like non-Italians but I never seen anything but a little rudeness.
It is an interesting place though. I hope you enjoy it.

deen_2007
08-18-2007, 09:03 AM
omg! im nervous/worried already......so will they pick on my headscarf blatenly?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
back_to_faith
08-18-2007, 09:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by deen_2007
salam all....

next week i will be going to Italy with my Sister, I'll be staying in Milan for a week. Im just a little worried about racism in Italy. Just wondered does anyone know how Italy or Milan is in regards to racism?

I obviously will be wearing a scarf,so i was just wondering does anyone know what kind of reaction i may recieve? i may be using the transports there. :-\
I dont know much about Italy, so i wondered if anyone can help as i googled but couldnt find any specific articles...

anyway thanks all

:w: :thankyou:

Salam, sister

Don't worry at all,wear your scarf,use transport and enjoy your stay there...

I'm living there ,and never met a racist who revealed his racism...

just be careful with your bags ,stuff ... as a big amount of thieves exist there.

Have a nice stay there
and any question or help I'm at your service
:w:

deen_2007
08-18-2007, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by back_to_faith
Salam, sister

Don't worry at all,wear your scarf,use transport and enjoy your stay there...

I'm living there ,and never met a racist who revealed his racism...

just be careful with your bags ,stuff ... as a big amount of thieves exist there.

Have a nice stay there
and any question or help I'm at your service
:sl:

thank you.....i feel much more confident...:)

any questions ill ask as i get closer to the date thanks

-S-
08-18-2007, 11:15 PM
salam

whats the best area to go to?

i may be going to milan on monday too ia

bit cautious aswell cos the mrs wears niqaab so kinda bit :S about it??

back_to_faith
08-18-2007, 11:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -S-
salam

:sl:
the best areas for relaxing would be some few kilometers north of Milan where the nice lakes....

and don't worry about the niqaab issue...as long as you are legal ..never worry.

and I'm at your service ..you are welcome anytime

wilberhum
08-19-2007, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -S-
salam

If you don't have a problem with it. Go see the Domo. (Main Catholic Church)
It is an amazing sight. If you have time go to Lake Como. If you have never been to Italy before, just get some tourist info and go for it. There is tons of stuff to see.
I hope you enjoy. Please report back, both of you.

Wilber

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.