PDA

View Full Version : A question to a non-Muslim answered by a non muslim



Yanal
08-18-2007, 01:36 AM
Asalam alakum and hi to thee non muslims i have the following questions which are

1. If you were to convert how would you tell your parents


2. What name would you chose?

I may have other questions later thank you and JazakAllah Khar in advance:thumbs_up
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tomtomsmom
08-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by Yanal
Asalam alakum and hi to thee non muslims i have the following questions which are

1. If you were to convert how would you tell your parents


2. What name would you chose?

I may have other questions later thank you and JazakAllah Khar in advance:thumbs_up
I just would. If they had a problem they would get over it.
I wouldn't change my name. No need to.
Reply

Keltoi
08-18-2007, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't convert, but theoretically I suppose I would just tell them. If I was convinced enough to convert I can't see any opinion altering that decision.
Reply

Yanal
08-18-2007, 11:44 PM
Then why don't you to i will convince you i mean Li will thats why it is made for i will show you some threads on my other reply and then i think you might be getting a little thing to be convince that islam so should i try to make you convince that islam is the right religon:? ?
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
snakelegs
08-18-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Yanal
Asalam alakum and hi to thee non muslims i have the following questions which are

1. If you were to convert how would you tell your parents


2. What name would you chose?

I may have other questions later thank you and JazakAllah Khar in advance:thumbs_up
as for telling parents, i don't see how there could be a straight answer. it would depend on your age - and on your parents. if a child and his parents have a good relationship and open communication, then of course. but this is often not the case. so the answer would strictly depend on the circumstances. some parents are open minded and tolerant and some clearly are not.
Reply

Yanal
08-18-2007, 11:55 PM
But are you planning to convert or still not convinced yet:?
Reply

snakelegs
08-19-2007, 12:54 AM
yanal, i am not looking for a religion or to be convinced of anything.
even though i believe in god, i don't like religion. so no, i don't plan to convert.
Reply

Strzelecki
08-19-2007, 02:46 AM
I reverted recently. But, I'll answer anyhow.
Originally Posted by Yanal
1. If you were to convert how would you tell your parents?
It's been a month and they still don't know.
I really don't know what to say to them..
InshaAllah they'll take it the right way, but my family aren't gonna know until I've left home.
Originally Posted by Yanal
2. What name would you chose?
Keeping my name! :D
Reply

Gator
08-19-2007, 03:13 AM
Hello,
1) I would say I have converted or chosen such and such religion if she asked. And

2) wouldn't change my name.

Thanks.
Reply

syilla
08-19-2007, 03:22 AM
1.How much do you know about Islam?

2.If you heard something about islam, do you quickly judge islam or you will ask a knowledgeable muslim.

3.What in islam that you don't agree. (Please there will be no debate or refutation, InshaAllah a muslim will make a thread on it).

4. Have anyone of you befriended to a pious muslim? How do you know he is a pious muslim?

5. Have you truly read and understand the whole quran? (you don't need to answer this if you don't want to)

6. What do you think of praying five times aday?

7. What do you think of 5 pillars in Islam.

8. Are there any changes in yourself (behaviour, practises, dressing) since you're in islamicboard or since you have learn more about Islam.

Thats all for now.

Massallama
Reply

Isambard
08-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by syilla
1.How much do you know about Islam?

Quite a bit

2.If you heard something about islam, do you quickly judge islam or you will ask a knowledgeable muslim.
Either ask a muslim(s) and/or do my own independant research

3.What in islam that you don't agree. (Please there will be no debate or refutation, InshaAllah a muslim will make a thread on it).
Almost the entire thing, but my main problems is with the line of succession, that is I call the entire thing into question, lack of evidence of God, authenticity of the Qur'an, and the reasoning behind alot of rules

4. Have anyone of you befriended to a pious muslim? How do you know he is a pious muslim?
Quite a few. Followed many of the rules and despite being well off and having a good life, is modest and open to discussion.

5. Have you truly read and understand the whole quran? (you don't need to answer this if you don't want to)
Yep

6. What do you think of praying five times aday?
Seems tedious

7. What do you think of 5 pillars in Islam.
If its what you believe then its all well and good

8. Are there any changes in yourself (behaviour, practises, dressing) since you're in islamicboard or since you have learn more about Islam.
No really, but I learned some muslims really dont like jews or christians, but I am pretty certain thats because on that board it was because of the leadership and thus a minority
There yaa go.
Reply

Kittygyal
08-19-2007, 03:38 PM
right i know this is for non-muslims

but i was a christain naw alhmduliah a muslim

1) i struggled to tell ma bruva i don't have a mom or a pa. but im still struggling for me bruva's to allow me be a muslim bt i aint guna give up NO WAY!

2) me friend choose Alisha for me, but all me non-muslim homiez call me JODIE dats me christain name.
Reply

Gator
08-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by syilla
1.How much do you know about Islam? I've learned a fair amount, though very far from comprehensive.

2.If you heard something about islam, do you quickly judge islam or you will ask a knowledgeable muslim. If I think its important I'd do research.

3.What in islam that you don't agree. (Please there will be no debate or refutation, InshaAllah a muslim will make a thread on it). The main thing is probably the existence of a god.

4. Have anyone of you befriended to a pious muslim? How do you know he is a pious muslim? If you mean a devout muslim, I would say no.

5. Have you truly read and understand the whole quran? (you don't need to answer this if you don't want to) No.

6. What do you think of praying five times aday? It's a lot.

7. What do you think of 5 pillars in Islam. I like the poor tax idea. They seem to be rituals to spur faith.

8. Are there any changes in yourself (behaviour, practises, dressing) since you're in islamicboard or since you have learn more about Islam. No.

Thats all for now.

Massallama
Thanks.
Reply

zarhad
08-19-2007, 11:53 PM
I would be thrilled when some i knew or helped convirted to islam and would enjoy helping them down there path, however its alot of responsiblity if you convirt someone and they because a bad muslim (not juudging but in theory) then it would be bad on you...so you have to make sure people are really committed...
most people may not think they want to convirt but when you want to im sure you will feel it islam is such a beautiful religion with not only wonderful beliefs but a wonderful culture...not just a religion but a way of life :)
Reply

zarhad
08-19-2007, 11:56 PM
i know its for non muslims but my parents were not religious muslims and i found that made me more intrested in my faith...and its an intresting topic and im bored :(
Reply

Yanal
08-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by buriedaway_4536
I reverted recently. But, I'll answer anyhow.

It's been a month and they still don't know.
I really don't know what to say to them..
InshaAllah they'll take it the right way, but my family aren't gonna know until I've left home.

Keeping my name! :D
Do you pray and did you get a prayer mat or do you pray on a sheet of clean sheets? if to personal no need to answer
Reply

ranma1/2
08-20-2007, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by Yanal
Asalam alakum and hi to thee non muslims i have the following questions which are

1. If you were to convert how would you tell your parents


2. What name would you chose?

I may have other questions later thank you and JazakAllah Khar in advance:thumbs_up
i wouldnt unless we had to rewrite science and reality.
however if i did i would just tell them.

as for name? why choose a new one?
Reply

zarhad
08-20-2007, 01:29 AM
ranma1/2 science and islam go hand in hand
Reply

Yanal
08-20-2007, 01:33 AM
What do you mean
Reply

zarhad
08-20-2007, 01:36 AM
what do i mean? or the guy before me
Reply

Yanal
08-20-2007, 01:38 AM
*i think that is like increasing post count check the rules*(not to be rude) i ment you!
Reply

zarhad
08-20-2007, 01:44 AM
increasing post count...sorry you will have to explain. and i ment that alot of things that were wrote in the qu'ran scientists are finding out today. just one example is science stated the the sun will one say explode outward making it level with the planets and ingluping them before turning into a supernove now if you look in the quran i dont know word for word but i believe its discribes part of judgement day very similar if not the same, i actually have a book at home that lists all the scientific findings that were in the quran
Reply

zarhad
08-20-2007, 01:47 AM
the reason i thold the other person science and islam go hand in had because he said "i wouldnt unless we had to rewrite science and reality." where by meaning that science and islam are diffrent and islam is not reality which infact is in correct
Reply

ranma1/2
08-20-2007, 01:52 AM
Originally Posted by zarhad
the reason i thold the other person science and islam go hand in had because he said "i wouldnt unless we had to rewrite science and reality." where by meaning that science and islam are diffrent and islam is not reality which infact is in correct
were getting off topic. but in my opinon the religion of islam makes many unscientific claims and if you hold the quran to be 100% true then you ahve to rewrite science and our knowledge. "ex. we are not made from clay. we are a product of evo. of course many muslims choose to throw that particular science out the window."
Reply

zarhad
08-20-2007, 01:57 AM
how can you prove we are not at all made from clay in less you know the humand body inside out or the possibilty that we have evolved as humands, but yah your right a little off topic
Reply

Yanal
08-20-2007, 01:58 AM
But if you say this ranama you will repent in the hereafter then you might rememebr me Yanal who is trying to save you from hell fire even you snakelegs you are old and must think about Islam but do not think i am forcing you to the choice is yours and if you go on the right choice heaven but what i am seeing you ar egoing on the path of hell
Reply

zarhad
08-20-2007, 02:01 AM
yanal the best we can do is try like i posted earlier that if we push someone to hard and they become muslim and intern become a bad muslim it will be bad on us, but i hope people find their way islam is such a beautiful way of life
Reply

Yanal
08-20-2007, 02:09 AM
True
Reply

Isambard
08-20-2007, 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by Yanal
But if you say this ranama you will repent in the hereafter then you might rememebr me Yanal who is trying to save you from hell fire even you snakelegs you are old and must think about Islam but do not think i am forcing you to the choice is yours and if you go on the right choice heaven but what i am seeing you ar egoing on the path of hell
I dont think you understand how alien Islamic beliefs are to a non-muslim. What you propose to be true and convince other's of is like me warning you that not believing in Santa will mean no presents. Perhaps now you can appretiate our view point a little better :p

As to not de-rail the thread, if you interested in reasons why myself or others hold it to be as such, feel free to open a new thread and I would be happy to answer you. :)
Reply

zarhad
08-20-2007, 02:26 AM
I know islam is so diffrent from what you guys are use to from far it may seem strange and somethings almost impossible , when you look at islam you have to do it with an open heart and an open mind, anything is possible in this world and some stories i could tell you of things which people of afghanistan have seen not even in an islamic way just things that have been seen that a human could not or may not believe untill they see it. when you look at islam or read about it dont judge and say its strage or alien as you say because keep in mind religion started at a diffrent time this was practilly a diffrent world. you just need to read and open you mind and heart and you will know what the truth is, you will just feel it
Reply

ranma1/2
08-20-2007, 02:43 AM
Originally Posted by zarhad
.... you just need to read and open you mind and heart and you will know what the truth is, you will just feel it
this is the same line you get from pretty much any religion. You just have to feel it. You must want to believe. You need to open up etc...
Oh you still dont believe then you didnt truly open your mind/heart...etc...

So why not become a Jew, or a christian or a odinists etc... that way.
Perhaps you truly havent open your mind enough to odin.


The truth is that all this is is an emotional appeal and nothing more.
Reply

zarhad
08-20-2007, 02:46 AM
Dont get me wrong i mean i had very liberal parents i read books from every religion all through out high school in truth my father was muslim but my mother wasnt so i studied and islam just gave me that peaceful feeling it gave me goose bumps there was sumthing about it and i was proud of it...i mean yes its diffrent i was always muslim but my parents were open minded but islam just felt like the right way
Reply

Scruffy
08-20-2007, 04:21 AM
salaams all,

responses to Syilla's queries:

Originally Posted by syilla
1.How much do you know about Islam? A bit

2.If you heard something about islam, do you quickly judge islam or you will ask a knowledgeable muslim.use common sense, research online, ask someone who knows - then judge!

3.What in islam that you don't agree. (Please there will be no debate or refutation, InshaAllah a muslim will make a thread on it).many illogical attributes, if there was a god, it would seem very doubtful he'd be illogical

4. Have anyone of you befriended to a pious muslim? How do you know he is a pious muslim? several Muslim acquaintences, is devout the same as pious?

5. Have you truly read and understand the whole quran? (you don't need to answer this if you don't want to) truly read quite a bit, with an open heart & mind (the offer of immortality got my attention) however, when reading I had not a single tingle or glimmer of anything, can't imagine a god who'd not give a hint to a sincere seeker then send to eternal torture, very cruel

6. What do you think of praying five times aday? if I started a religion I'd seriously consider implementing something like this, I think it is a very good idea, it's how I'd go about brainwashing/programming my flock:playing:

7. What do you think of 5 pillars in Islam.the charity thing is, IMHO, the best part of Islam - very admirable indeed. In my religion I'd have the chant: there's no god but Scruffy, and Scruffy is the greatest! And, you have to say it 20 times a day, and, once backward on Tuesdays. For the same reason as 6 above:p

8. Are there any changes in yourself (behaviour, practises, dressing) since you're in islamicboard or since you have learn more about Islam.Since I learned more about Islam, I try to be polite, gentle, respectful and attempt to persuade using sound logic, reason & evidence

Thats all for now.

Massallama

Oh yeah, Yanal's original questions:

As for telling my parents, I'd tell them to accept Scruffy as the one true god - or die!

I'd have to choose the name Scruffy:D

Those wearing neat & tidy clothing will go straight to hell, will not pass go, will not collect 200 dollars! And we have a very special torment for those who forget Tuesdays...

:peace:
Reply

syilla
08-20-2007, 04:54 AM
Thank you all for answering my questions :D
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-27-2013, 05:50 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-19-2012, 10:46 PM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 12:18 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2006, 10:59 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-19-2005, 04:02 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!