/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan Goals

*!~Faith~!*
09-04-2005, 12:10 AM
sl:

Anyone have goals for ramadan they would like to share? :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khattab
09-04-2005, 02:18 AM
:sl:

This has nothing to do with the topic, but sister I am extremely sorry and sad to here about your little sister. In such times may Allah (SWT) give you and your family the strength, and may Allah (SWT) grant your sister Al Jannah Al Firduas inshallah, the promise of Allah is true, the hereafter is nothing but a twinkling of the eye and there is no doubt you will meet with your sister again inshallah in the Jannah.

"Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere" (Al Baqarah:155)

"So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief: Verily, with every difficulty there is relief." (AL-INSHIRAH: 5-6)

The home of the akhira is the real home, the glitter of the dunya is worthless, Allahamdulillah, all praise be to Allah who has allowed your sister to be taken as a muslim me he grant us all the same ameen.

:w:

*!~Faith~!*
09-04-2005, 02:31 AM

Ameen.

Jazakallah Khair brother for the comment. I'm assuming you are referring to Asma Haq in my signature. She isn't my sister but she is my sister in islam. If you want you can foward your message to the brother of the sister on the blog Insha'Allah

:)

------
08-31-2008, 09:47 AM
:salamext:

Learn some Qur'aan by heart InshaaAllaah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
08-31-2008, 02:51 PM
i'd like to stop my bad habits inshaAllaah

Güven
08-31-2008, 02:57 PM

Finish to read/recite The Qu'ran Arabic Plus Translation,
Making me stronger In my Salah/Prayer and in Knowledge ,
having Control over my Nafs ,
Helping People To Understand Their Deen
and more.
INSHALLAH

------
08-31-2008, 03:44 PM
^ MashaaAllaah kool goals!

qassy!
08-31-2008, 05:46 PM
Start 2 pray 5 times a day :)

IbnAbdulHakim
08-31-2008, 05:48 PM
^ nice one :O

Pk_#2
08-31-2008, 05:55 PM
imsad

Uthman
08-31-2008, 06:02 PM
Finish the whole Qur'an at least once.
Perfect my Khushoo' in Salah.
Improve my Adab and perfect my character.

Inshaa'Allah! :)

Ali.
08-31-2008, 06:03 PM
Really cool goals here, insha'Allah they will all be completed!

Na7lah
08-31-2008, 06:06 PM
start praying tahajjud

aamirsaab
08-31-2008, 06:24 PM
Perfect my character really (by emulating the Prophet [saw]). I recently read this book about the Prophet [saw] and when it came to his character (which there were many, many examples of throughout)...and I was in complete awe: one time he was poisoned and forgave [read: let the person go...unharmed and unpunished!] the person [who was a female, actually] who attempted to kill him ----- I don't know about you, but I say that's worthy of calling someone Merciful!

Hopefully, my character will become strong enough (within this month) that people will actually notice it and think: Dang, muslims ARE awesome, I'll be one too!

So it's definately a big target and inshallah, I will fulfill it.

Uthman
08-31-2008, 06:33 PM
^^ Inshaa'Allah. And let's not forget how the prophet behaved towards that woman who used to throw garbage on him! :)

Ali.
08-31-2008, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
one time he was poisoned and forgave [read: let the person go...unharmed and unpunished!] the person [who was a female, actually] who attempted to kill him ----- I don't know about you, but I say that's worthy of calling someone Merciful!

So it's definately a big target and inshallah, I will fulfill it.
Wow, I never knew about that.

format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
^^ Inshaa'Allah. And let's not forget how the prophet behaved towards that woman who used to throw garbage on him! :)
Let me guess - nothing but respond with peace?

Oh the Prophet pbuh... What a man.

Uthman
08-31-2008, 07:27 PM
^^ Yup! And oops...I nearly forgot about how he responded to the way the people of Ta'if treated him! You know...the whole pelting him with stones until his feet were bleeding thing....

His character was so perfect, it's almost embarassing :-[

transition?
08-31-2008, 07:41 PM

I want to get my five prayers down really well. I want to pray Taraveeh, well learn how to pray Taraveeh first. Read lots and lots of Qur'an. I wanted to memorize some New Surah's to use my prayers. I wanted to create a club for Islam Awareness at school. Start praying Witr. Quit some bad habits and pick up some good ones. Meet new Muslims that can help me with my new found life. Start changing my outfits, and eventually wear hijab before I go to a University.
I almost forgot: I especially want to increase my du'as. Take some time out to write new ones for next year and the years to come after that

Uthman
08-31-2008, 07:42 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by transition?
I want to get my five prayers down really well. I want to pray Taraveeh, well learn how to pray Taraveeh first. Read lots and lots of Qur'an. I wanted to memorize some New Surah's to use my prayers. I wanted to create a club for Islam Awareness at school. Start praying Witr. Quit some bad habits and pick up some good ones. Meet new Muslims that can help me with my new found life. Start changing my outfits, and eventually wear hijab before I go to a University.
May Allah reward you and help you along your way, sister.

transition?
08-31-2008, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

May Allah reward you and help you along your way, sister.

:D JazakAllah Khair! Same with you brother. May Allah (swt) Guide you, especially with finishing the Quran (a daunting task for many!)

manaal
08-31-2008, 08:39 PM
I managed to pray 8 Rakaat of Tarawih at home tonight, because my baby decided to sleep a little earlier that usual! My aim is to pray Tarawih prayer on every night of Ramadan this year and also to recite as much of the Quran as possible.

ayan333
08-31-2008, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by manaal
I managed to pray 8 Rakaat of Tarawih at home tonight, because my baby decided to sleep a little earlier that usual! My aim is to pray Tarawih prayer on every night of Ramadan this year and also to recite as much of the Quran as possible.
me too..although i dnt have a child..i have school which is so disturbing and annoting

i really whish i could live in a islamic country so i could consatrate on Ramadan and Prayer and everything else that comes with this blessed month

hopefully trying my best will increase my Iman and my reward InshALLAH

but yes my goals are to repect my parents way more(not like im disrespectfull but u no sometimes...i say thingsmor think things..)

go to Tarweeh every single day that ALLAH (SWA) leve s my soul on this earth,although i no my parents will be kind of wery when it comes to this,b/c i go to school at 5 and blah blah..InshALLAH it wnt be a problem though

meet knew Muslims since i only know a odzen or so personly

finsh the 4 an f5 juz(hafid)

memeorize as many hadeeth as possible

feed the needy

all while continuing to Worship ALLAH (SWA) to the fulliest

May ALLAH (SWA) grant us the maximum reward on this blessed month.Ameen

never been so excited about Ramadan..subhanALLAH..i can hardly wait *smiles*

islamirama
09-01-2008, 03:54 PM
10 great goals to set for this Ramadan –

1. Eat, drink and be moderate

Almost all of us do it - once Iftar time hits, we just keep plowing food and drink into our mouths till it's hard to move afterwards. And those of us who do it know this is totally contrary to the spirit of Ramadan, through which we're supposed to learn self-control not self-indulgence. Let's try to stick to the Prophetic rule on eating: fill our stomachs with one-third food, one-third water and one-third breathing space, even in Ramadan.

2. Give a dollar a day in charity...or five or ten

The Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, was always generous but even more so in Ramadan. Let's open our hearts and dig a little deeper in our wallets this year. Even less than a dollar a day adds up. Whatever you can give, it's the intention that counts.

3. Memorize 4 new Surahs

Memorizing the Quran often seems like a daunting task. But the key is doing it in small bites. Since there are four weeks in Ramadan, try to memorize one new Surah a week. Start off with a short, easy one. Once you've started, you'll build momentum and may even want to memorize a longer one the following week.

4. Go to Tarawih prayers

Post-Iftar, the first urge is to sleep after an exhausting day. But try your best to head out to the mosque for Tarawih prayers. Praying alone is wonderful, but doing it in congregation is fantastic. The community spirit is part of Ramadan's blessings. Don't miss it this year. If going every day is not possible, try going at least one week.

5. Attend the Tarawih prayer in which the recitation of the Quran will be finished

Call the local mosque and find out which day the Imam will be finishing the recitation of the Quran in prayer. Attend to not only hear part of the Quran's recitation in prayer, but also participate in the heart-rending Duas that follow it.

6. Stop swearing and/or backbiting – with a special box

It's hard not to shoot our mouths off when someone's upset us. Whether we utter those four-letter words or backbite about someone to our family and friends, we know this isn't the God-approved way of letting off steam. In Ramadan, when we want to build our spirituality, we've got to wage Jihad against our bad habits.

Try this: get a box and every time you catch yourself swearing or backbiting put some money in it. It could be a buck or less. The point is to choose an amount that makes it feel like punishment.

At the end of the month send the money to a charity or buy a gift for the person whom you've backbitten the most against.

7. Call/email your relatives

You'd think that given the easy access to email, competitive long-distance calling rates, phone cards, etc. these days, we'd keep in touch with family and friends more often. But the opposite seems to be the case, as we get caught up in life's "busyness."

Strengthening ties with family members and keeping in touch with friends is part of our way of life and an act Allah is very pleased with. This Ramadan, call family and friends or at least email them a Ramadan card and ask them how their fasting is going.

8. Go on a technology diet

Even if you work in the IT industry, you can do this. Avoid checking personal email and surfing the web during your fast. After Iftar, instead of plopping yourself in front of the screen, go to Tarawih. The same goes for the television. The point is to try to give our full attention to spiritual elevation this month.

9. Read 5 minutes of Quran a day...just five, not more, not less

Even if you feel you've got absolutely no time, set a timer or the alarm on your cell phone and find a relatively quiet place. You can read the first page of the Quran you open or follow a sequence. The choice is yours. The point is simply to connect with God through His revelation in the month of the Quran.

10. Forgive everyone who has hurt you

Still got a festering wound from the fight with your friend last year? Still upset about something your spouse said during a heated argument? Or are you still bitter about the way your parents sometimes treated you as a kid? Let go of the anger and pain this Ramadan and forgive those who have hurt you. Forgiving someone is not only good for the body, but it's also great for the soul. And in Ramadan, ten days of which are devoted to Allah's forgiveness, shouldn't we lesser beings forgive too?

If you find it very difficult to forgive everyone, forgive at least three people.

islamirama
09-01-2008, 04:28 PM
hmmm well, inshallah....

Try to read as many islamic books as i can
Read the whole Quran (see below)
Memorize some surahs
Memorize some duas
Give charity more
contribute to community iftar at the masjid

-------------

Want to finish Qurʼan in 30 days during Ramadan?

Here is a simple formula !!!

please download PowerPoint presentation from here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/amfokj

~*Fatima*~
09-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Aslamu Alikum Everyone!
Well I think ... Inshalllah I'll be Completing Quran as I never did before. (It Is My Biggest Wish Please Pray That I Do it~!)
Also I will stop myself from Music~!!! and Move to Nasheeds. (Please Can somebody help me to find Lovely Nasheeds) Looking After my Sister and Family & Learning Small Duas. May Allah Tallah Give Help In my Goal.

Germanrose20
09-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Asalaamu Aleikum,

I would like to improve my behaviour. Mostly thereof my thoghts, it will be hard, but Insha'Allah I am catching myself more and more when I think something that is not nice. (I start reciting Al-Fatiha over and over)

I also want to grow stronger in my Deen and gain the forgiveness of Allah (swt)

Re.TiReD
09-02-2008, 12:46 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

I have a fair few goals this Ramadaan and I ask Allah (swt) to give me the tawfeeq to complete and attain them. Ameen.

May you have a fruiful Ramadaan. Ameen.

WassalamuAlaykum

aminahjaan
09-07-2008, 01:10 AM
Hmm..

1. Pray Five times a day.
2. Stop using bad language. (Even if it's occasionally)
3. Read Qur'an more often.
4. Help my parents out more.
5. Never Backbite. (Even if that's occasionally, or subconsciously)
There's probably more, but I'm fasting. I can't think straight haha.

Re.TiReD
09-07-2008, 05:37 PM
AssalamuAlaykum

Masha'Allah some great goals...please do post in the thread entitled, 'what did I do today'...to see if your goals were achieved...May Allah (swt) bless you all. Ameen

WassalamuAlaykum

truthforpeace
09-07-2008, 06:03 PM
I want to become more disciplined in my faith and life.:D

roohani.doctor
09-07-2008, 07:01 PM
start to pray five times a day and not! stop after Ramadan is over ...stop listening to music .....recite entire Quran once.....become a better muslim........not backbite or gossip i.e. unnecessary talk....INSHALLAH

------
09-13-2008, 11:56 AM
:salamext:

Try to commit less sins...

layla is here
09-20-2008, 07:08 PM
assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu
I would like to finish my studies of Islam from the book "complete idiots guide to understanding islam" by yahiya emerick. It is just a fascinating book. I would like to start my arabic course I got from the library.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.