/* */

PDA

View Full Version : More Than One Piercing On The Ear...

asiya45
08-18-2007, 02:31 AM
Assalamualikum brothers and sisters,
I am curious to know if there are any restriction upon havin more than one piercing on the ear. I have about 10 piercing 4 on the left ear and 6 on the right ear. My greatgrand ma and my grandmas both of them have more than one piercing i wanted to get one more in the right ear but for some odd reason i felt like i needed answers. If you could please help me.
May ALLAH guides us all to the right path inshallah. Ameen
Jazakallah
Assalamualikum,
Asiya

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khaldun
08-18-2007, 03:02 AM
Question:
Is it haram in islam for a girl to pierce her ears more than once, as some people say it is imitating non muslims?.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

It is permissible for a woman to pierce her ears in order to wear earrings, according to the majority of fuqaha’.

In al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah (11/272) it says: The majority of fuqaha’ are of the view that piercing a girl’s ears so that she may wear earrings is permissible. The people used to do that at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and he did not denounce it. It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed two rak’ahs on the day of Eid, and he did not offer any other prayer before or after them, then he went to the women – accompanied by Bilaal – and told them to give charity, and the women started giving their earrings. End quote.

See also: Tabyeen al-Haqaa’iq (6.227), al-Insaaf (1/125) and al-Adaab al-Shar’iyyah (3/341).

The scholars of the Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas were asked: Is it permissible to pierce a girl’s ears so that she can wear earrings?

They replied: That is permissible, because it is for adornment, not for harming or changing the creation of Allaah, and because that was the custom during the Jaahiliyyah and at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and he did not forbid it, rather he approved of it as did his companions (may Allaah be pleased with them). End quote.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (17/139).

But one should adhere to that which is customary. If the custom is to have only one hole, then you should not do more than that, because that is sufficient for adornment, and doing more than that may be causing pain for no benefit, as well as being odd or trying to show off.

It is haraam to pierce the ears more than once and wear more than one earring if that is done in imitation of kaafir women.

What is meant by imitation is if there is a specific way of wearing earrings that is done only by some kaafir women. In that case it is haraam for Muslim women to imitate them.

Source

Yanal
08-18-2007, 03:16 AM
No offense but it is like those non muslims like Br khaldun said and most girls that have more than one piercing on the ear are like drug addicts(no offense) and i searched up and i found the same answer As Br Khaldun and now after reading that article are you going to take off those extra piercing (no need to answer)

sevgi
08-18-2007, 04:51 AM
salams..

i am a lover of pericings...i dnt have any..but i really like em.especially odd facial ones...i am allowed to get them..theyres noone stopping me...but...

i think our religion is about moderation...and believe me..once u get an extra peircing...u wana get another one etc...and as i said..moderation is key to being beautiful and on the right path. it wud be really good if u cud be content with just one..its not haram to keep going...but islam says no to things before they go outta control...like alcohol...is a little drop in a lolly harmful?no...then why is is haram? coz we will turn around one day and say..i had a drop here..nothing happened...ill have a sip here...then, ill have a shot here, then ill get drunk once...then....

ye...hope u get my picture....

as i said.moderation.u dnt need more than one...but it wud look cool:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
08-18-2007, 06:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
No offense but it is like those non muslims like Br khaldun said and most girls that have more than one piercing on the ear are like drug addicts(no offense) and i searched up and i found the same answer As Br Khaldun and now after reading that article are you going to take off those extra piercing (no need to answer)
Lol das so cute, but no...nah only have two piercing, iz under ma hijaab so erm...yeah no showing off or imitation of nobody! :D

:D

Peace bruv :coolious:

Malaikah
08-18-2007, 09:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
:sl:

That isn't really true. I know for example in Indian culture there is nothing unusual about multiple piercings or any association with drug addicts, so based on that fatwa posted earlier, it would be permissible as it is customary.

*KB*
08-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Assalamualaykum
Talking of ear pierces i had mine done in the first week of the official holidays! I am so happy! Thank Allah Almighty!
May Allah Keep You All In The Best Of Health. Insha'Allah.
Assalamualaykum
**$$~~*KB*~~$$**

unknown_JJ
08-18-2007, 12:27 PM
1 random silly question
r guyz allowd 2 pierce der ears or n e thin :S lol (dnt ask)

Pk_#2
08-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) prohibited from Muslah (disfiguring).

Piercing the ears is disfiguring the natural state of the ears. Therefore, it is prohibited. However, females piercing their ears are exempted from the prohibition - Unknown Mufti!

Abu Hurayrah said: “The Messenger of Allaah (subhana Wa Ta'ala) cursed men who wear women’s clothes and women who wear men’s clothes.” (Reported by Abu Dawood in al-Sunan, Kitaab al-Libaas, Baab fi libaas al-nisaa’). On this basis, it is not permitted for men to wear earrings or nose-rings.

On the basis that...

The Prophet (sallahu alayhi wassalam) (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Reported by Abu Dawood, al-Sunan, Kitaab al-libaas, Bab libaas al-shuhrah).

Sheikh Muhammad Saliih!

fatima_01
08-18-2007, 10:26 PM
o man 10 peircings id love to hav tht many but my mum wud like slaugther me anyways does any1 hav eyebrow or lip piercings.nd btw r we allwed to get belly button pierced im so gna do tht if we r allowed:p

Umu 'Isa
08-19-2007, 03:04 AM
Earrings for Men

Question:
IN THE BASIS OF OUR RELIGION IS IT OKAY FOR MEN TO WEAR EARRINGS (WHETHER THAT BEING ONE OR SEVERAL) IN ISLAM AND IS IT OKAY FOR MEN TO WEAR JEWELREY WHICH IS SILVER AND NOT GOLD. I HOPE THAT THIS IS NOT A SILLY QUESTION BECAUSE A LOT OF THE MUSLIM MEN THAT I ASSOCIATE WITH WEAR EARRINGS. SOME PEOPLE SAY THAT THE MEMBERS OF THE PROPHET'S (P.B.U.H) TRIBE - THE QURAYSH USED TO WEAR EARRINGS IN THE OLDEN DAYS AND THAT IS WHY IT IS OKAY FOR US. COULD YOU PLEASE FIND OUT IF THIS IS TRUE AND GIVE ME A DEFINITE ANSWER. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Earrings and bracelets are forms of adornment for women, and Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed men who make themselves look like women and women who make themselves look like men.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5435).

Abu Hurayrah said: “The Messenger of Allaah cursed men who wear women’s clothes and women who wear men’s clothes.” (Reported by Abu Dawood in al-Sunan, Kitaab al-Libaas, Baab fi libaas al-nisaa’). On this basis, it is not permitted for men to wear earrings or nose-rings.

The claim that this is permissible because the people of Quraysh used to do that needs to be proven, in the first place, and where is the proof?

Secondly, even if they used to do this in the Jaahiliyaah (Time of Ignorance before Islam), Islam came and forbade men to wear the adornment of women or to make themselves look like them, as is clear from the ahadeeth quoted above. What matters is the ruling of Islam, not what Quraysh or other tribes may have done.

Thirdly, the kinds of female adornment known among Quraysh and others includes earrings, bracelets, anklets and bangles worn on the upper arm. The point is that these are known as forms of women’s adornment since ancient times.

Fourthly, Islam has given men sufficient scope to adorn themselves by allowing them to wear silver rings, as Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wore a ring made of silver, and the people did likewise. (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5417). Islam also allows men to wear gold and silver when necessary to replace a lost tooth or nose, and so on.

Finally, we would say that any Muslim man who wears jewellery is making himself look like the kuffaar, because this is known to be their style of adornment; the latest fashion among them is to wear earrings and the like in their ears, noses, lips, cheeks and other parts of the body (so-called “body-piercing”). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Reported by Abu Dawood, al-Sunan, Kitaab al-libaas, Bab libaas al-shuhrah).

Whoever does this should repent to Allaah and not engage in the futile defence of falsehood. He should be distinct in both his personality and his dress from the kuffaar, as Islam has commanded us to be. Allaah is the One Who guides to the Straight Path.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Umu 'Isa
08-19-2007, 03:08 AM
Piercing the ears more than once

It is haraam to pierce the ears more than once and wear more than one earring if that is done in imitation of kaafir women.
Body piercing

Question:
What is the ruling on piercing the skin around the navel (belly-button) and inserting a metal ring?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

We put this question to Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Jibreen (may Allaah preserve him), who answered as follows:

This is self-inflicted torture. This is not a place where adornments are usually worn, and there is no benefit in this practice. It comes under the heading of changing the creation of Allaah. And Allaah knows best.

Shaykh ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Jibreen

AmarFaisal
08-19-2007, 06:59 AM
What abt piercing one's nose? It's cultural in the sub continent.
I had to close my pierced nose becoz the place I worked at (which was extremely Islamic) told me it was non-islamic and worn by bad women!!!

asiya45
08-19-2007, 07:35 PM

hmmm... well jus to clear things out lol NO i am not a drug addict!!
I have 10 piercings but i wear tiny studs... and my great grandmothers used to have them as well (May Allah Bless them) my dad's mom used to have them as well (May Allah Bless her) and my mom's mom has them as well... I guess its the culture as we are Indian...and Sunni Practicing muslims. I had not pierced my ears to immitate the Kuffar...yet i jus wanted to keep the Traditions alive...Is it still a sin upon me...because i have tried to close the piercings...the new skin doesnt build up its been almost 7years now :(
May Allah forgive me if this wrong...
:(
:w:

------
12-11-2007, 07:51 PM
:salamext:

*bump

Lol I don't think there is anything wrong with women piercing their ears more than once... *rollseyes*

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.