/* */

PDA

View Full Version : TV airing for Islam's story of Christ

Uthman
08-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Riazat Butt
Saturday August 18, 2007
Guardian

There was no manger, Christ is not the Messiah, and the crucifixion never happened. A forthcoming ITV documentary will portray Jesus as Muslims see him.With the Koran as a main source and drawing on interviews with scholars and historians, the Muslim Jesus explores how Islam honours Christ as a prophet but not as the son of God. According to the Koran the crucifixion was a divine illusion. Instead of dying on the cross, Jesus was rescued by angels and raised to heaven.

The one-hour special, commissioned and narrated by Melvyn Bragg, is thought to be the first time the subject has been dealt with on British television. Lord Bragg said: "I was fascinated by the idea ... Jesus was such a prominent figure in Islam but most people don't know that."

He denies the programme will divide communities. Raised as an Anglican, he describes the documentary as thoughtful and well researched. "I hope it will provoke among Muslims the feeling they are included in television."

The director and producer, Irshad Ashraf, said the film was an attempt to shift the focus away from extremism to the spiritual side of Islam. "Jesus is loved and respected by Muslims and he's one of the most important prophets in our religion." Representatives from mainstream Anglican and Catholic organisations were invited to take part in the film, to be broadcast on Sunday, but nobody was available, Mr Ashraf said.

Philip Lewis, the Bishop of Bradford's aide on inter-faith matters, urged believers on both sides to take advantage of a "worthwhile contribution to understanding a complex issue".

However, Patrick Sookhdeo, an Anglican canon and spokesman for the Barnabas Fund, which works with persecuted Christians, accused broadcasters of double standards. Mr
Sookhdeo, who was born a Muslim and converted to Christianity in 1969, said: "How would the Muslim community respond if ITV made a programme challenging Muhammad as the last prophet?"

The Koran's denial of Jesus's divinity was "unacceptable". "On the last day the Koran says Jesus will destroy all the crosses. How can we praise that?"

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
08-19-2007, 01:47 AM
:sl:

Sounds great! A very smart idea, I reckon.

Amadeus85
08-20-2007, 12:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah

Sounds great! A very smart idea, I reckon.
How would muslims feel if in a muslim country TV showed a document showing how christians see Muhammad? :rollseyes

islamirama
08-20-2007, 12:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
How would muslims feel if in a muslim country TV showed a document showing how christians see Muhammad? :rollseyes
You don't believe in Muhammad .s.a.w. so it's pointless for you to make any documentary showing how you see him. We on the other hand not only believe in Jesus but have more right to him then you do. He was a Muslim (submitting to the will of God) as were all other prophets before him. This documentary is showing how Muslims see and what Islam says about Jesus. Why does that bother you?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zarhad
08-20-2007, 12:29 AM
wow i cant wait to see the islamic stroy of jesus...they have potraid him in the christian light everytime this is quite intresting...

a little off topic but does anyone know the story of yaqub? (jacob) .. my husband asked me the other day but im not quite sure

جوري
08-20-2007, 12:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zarhad
wow i cant wait to see the islamic stroy of jesus...they have potraid him in the christian light everytime this is quite intresting...

a little off topic but does anyone know the story of yaqub? (jacob) .. my husband asked me the other day but im not quite sure
http://www.islamicboard.com/prophets-islam/

zarhad
08-20-2007, 12:55 AM
thanks

NoName55
08-20-2007, 12:59 AM
There was no manger, Christ is not the Messiah, and the crucifixion never happened. A forthcoming ITV documentary will portray Jesus as Muslims see him. With the Koran as a main source and drawing on interviews with scholars and historians
how is that possible?

which Muslim says "Christ is not the Messiah"?

these scholars of ITV can't possibly know what Quraan says!

Intisar
08-20-2007, 02:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
You don't believe in Muhammad .s.a.w. so it's pointless for you to make any documentary showing how you see him. We on the other hand not only believe in Jesus but have more right to him then you do. He was a Muslim (submitting to the will of God) as were all other prophets before him. This documentary is showing how Muslims see and what Islam says about Jesus. Why does that bother you?

:sl: Exactly akhee, there is no comparison between the two. Christians don't acknowledge Muhammad (SAW), so it's pointless. I think he's just trying to put a point across, but it fell flat.

Anyway, this seems interesting.

Isambard
08-20-2007, 05:20 AM
I wonder if they'll ever show the story of Jesus that has been dug up and read by secular sources. Seeing as it would most likely make people angry, and documentaries are about either money or crazy theories, I doubt it.

Still Islamic portrayal of Jesus is a good first step as it would help bring a little diversity of opinion instead of the same tired documentaries you see implying the Bible is completely correct.

YusufNoor
08-20-2007, 05:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
Riazat Butt
Saturday August 18, 2007
Guardian

There was no manger, Christ is not the Messiah, and the crucifixion never happened. A forthcoming ITV documentary will portray Jesus as Muslims see him.With the Koran as a main source and drawing on interviews with scholars and historians, the Muslim Jesus explores how Islam honours Christ as a prophet but not as the son of God. According to the Koran the crucifixion was a divine illusion. Instead of dying on the cross, Jesus was rescued by angels and raised to heaven.

The one-hour special, commissioned and narrated by Melvyn Bragg, is thought to be the first time the subject has been dealt with on British television. Lord Bragg said: "I was fascinated by the idea ... Jesus was such a prominent figure in Islam but most people don't know that."

He denies the programme will divide communities. Raised as an Anglican, he describes the documentary as thoughtful and well researched. "I hope it will provoke among Muslims the feeling they are included in television."

The director and producer, Irshad Ashraf, said the film was an attempt to shift the focus away from extremism to the spiritual side of Islam. "Jesus is loved and respected by Muslims and he's one of the most important prophets in our religion." Representatives from mainstream Anglican and Catholic organisations were invited to take part in the film, to be broadcast on Sunday, but nobody was available, Mr Ashraf said.

Philip Lewis, the Bishop of Bradford's aide on inter-faith matters, urged believers on both sides to take advantage of a "worthwhile contribution to understanding a complex issue".

However, Patrick Sookhdeo, an Anglican canon and spokesman for the Barnabas Fund, which works with persecuted Christians, accused broadcasters of double standards. Mr
Sookhdeo, who was born a Muslim and converted to Christianity in 1969, said: "How would the Muslim community respond if ITV made a programme challenging Muhammad as the last prophet?"

The Koran's denial of Jesus's divinity was "unacceptable". "On the last day the Koran says Jesus will destroy all the crosses. How can we praise that?"

Source

hmmm, that wouldn't be the Islamic version! :-\

:w:

Malaikah
08-20-2007, 06:45 AM
Well, that is the beauty of separation of state and church isn't it? :D The UK isn't run by Christian law, rather by secular law, so you can't make the comparison with a Muslim country.

By the way, the part saying "Christ is not the Messiah" might just be a mistake made by the journalist.

Skywalker
08-20-2007, 07:08 AM
I'm quite intrigued, but then that apostate dude does make a valid point, "how would Muslims feel if someone made something that challenges Mohammed (pbuh) as the last prophet?" Although the situation would be different -- for example Christianity does not say that Mohammed (pbuh) was not the last prophet, in fact is says nothing at all about that, whereas Jesus' (pbuh) prophethood is part of our beliefs -- I imagine it would spark a lot of outrage from Muslims around the world.

Maybe a documentary like this would be more suitable in a Muslim country, but then again, this is a non-Muslim production. I'm quite intrigued. Anybody know when it's coming out?

north_malaysian
08-20-2007, 07:46 AM
I wish I could watch it here....

Trumble
08-20-2007, 08:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
Anybody know when it's coming out?
It was aired on the BBC last night. Annoyed I missed it; I was assuming it would be up on their seven-day download service today and, for some reason, it isn't.

It will no doubt crop up on YouTube at some point.

syilla
08-20-2007, 08:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
It was aired on the BBC last night. Annoyed I missed it; I was assuming it would be up on their seven-day download service today and, for some reason, it isn't.

It will no doubt crop up on YouTube at some point.
and don't forget to post it here :D

Pygoscelis
08-20-2007, 08:45 AM
Sounds interesting. I'll view it when it comes up on youtube.

DAWUD_adnan
08-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Funny how most christians see Islam as the enemy even though we have the ONLY other religion which makes it a MUST to believe in Jesus.
*some people man,*

ashara
08-20-2007, 09:46 AM
Salam

[QUOTE]On the last day the Koran says Jesus will destroy all the crosses[QUOTE/]

Just curious....where did he get it from? I don't remember seeing anything like this in the Quran.

Thanks.

Trumble
08-20-2007, 11:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Actually, I think it was on ITV...
That would certainly explain why it wasn't on the BBC download site! :statisfie

I saw it was on flicking through the satellite menu and just assumed it was BBC (not really an ITV sort of 'thing', usually)

Amadeus85
08-20-2007, 11:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DAWUD_adnan
Funny how most christians see Islam as the enemy even though we have the ONLY other religion which makes it a MUST to believe in Jesus.
*some people man,*
Its maybe because Jesus Christ and muslim Isa are two completely different persons. At least i dont recoginze Christ The Saviour in muslim Isa.

Amadeus85
08-20-2007, 11:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
You are wrong. Christians believe that Muhammad was a historical person. Of course for us he wasnt a prophet of God, but he existed, so we could also make a documentary about him.
It bothers me because muslims dont show programms in muslim countries neglecting the prophethood of Muhammad. Only we politicly correct loosers undermine our culture and religion :offended:

Trumble
08-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Only we politicly correct loosers undermine our culture and religion :offended:
No. John Stuart Mill argued (and I happen to agree with him) that unless even almost universal - which is hardly the case here - views are challenged and discussed they just become "dead dogma".. people still believe them, but have no real idea why. If they have no idea why, sooner or later their views become unimportant and cease to motivate human behaviour.

islamirama
08-20-2007, 03:58 PM
You are wrong. Christians believe that Muhammad was a historical person. Of course for us he wasnt a prophet of God, but he existed, so we could also make a documentary about him.
It bothers me because muslims dont show programms in muslim countries neglecting the prophethood of Muhammad. Only we politicly correct loosers undermine our culture and religion :offended:
There are many historical figures one can make documentary of. Remember the movie Kingdom of Heaven ( I think), that shows salahudin and how merciful he was to the crusaders despite having the upper hand.

Anyways, I don't think you will ever show Jesus as NOT son of God in your country, so what makes you think we would show anything neglecting the Prophethood of Muhammad s.a.w. And besides, why would we even go there in the first place when it is a Muslim country where majority believe otherwise. America is not a christian country, it is a secular country that separates state and church.

Its maybe because Jesus Christ and muslim Isa are two completely different persons. At least i dont recognize Christ The Saviour in muslim Isa.
You're right. Jesus and Isa don't seem like the same person and most definitely are not the same. The Isa we believe in and love is the son of Maryam and prophet of God. The Jesus you believe in is son of God based on the pagan religion of Sun god worship that the religion of Paul taught you, a false religion that incorporated many pagan rituals and believes (like Dec 25 as xmas) to win converts.

Amadeus85
08-20-2007, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=islamirama;813151]
There are many historical figures one can make documentary of. Remember the movie Kingdom of Heaven ( I think), that shows salahudin and how merciful he was to the crusaders despite having the upper hand.
Actually this film was a political correct propaganda. It showed crusades as the bad guys and muslims only as good guys.

Anyways, I don't think you will ever show Jesus as NOT son of God in your country, so what makes you think we would show anything neglecting the Prophethood of Muhammad s.a.w. And besides, why would we even go there in the first place when it is a Muslim country where majority believe otherwise. America is not a christian country, it is a secular country that separates state and church.
Its about England , not America. Yes it is secular country but was built on christian culture, just check the english churches or other remains.

You're right. Jesus and Isa don't seem like the same person and most definitely are not the same. The Isa we believe in and love is the son of Maryam and prophet of God. The Jesus you believe in is son of God based on the pagan religion of Sun god worship that the religion of Paul taught you, a false religion that incorporated many pagan rituals and believes (like Dec 25 as xmas) to win converts.
The difference between Christ and muslim Isa is that Christ was a historical person, while there was no single historical refference about the muslim Isa as muslims see him.

islamirama
08-20-2007, 06:39 PM

Actually this film was a political correct propaganda. It showed crusades as the bad guys and muslims only as good guys.
Firstly we are talking about Isa not the crusades, so don't know where political propaganda came in. 2ndly, every hollywood movie is a political propaganda. The Muslim is always portrayed as the evil man, terrorists, and what not. So why are you crying ?

Its about England , not America. Yes it is secular country but was built on christian culture, just check the english churches or other remains.
yes, it is built on christian values but it boasts about being a secular and religion free state. So they religion isn't much of a concern for them except maybe on sundays. For Muslims, religion is a way of life. Muslim countries are religion part of them in every aspect. You truly don't have a christian nation, you have nations full of christians but no christian nation governed by christanity. That is the point i was trying to make.

The difference between Christ and muslim Isa is that Christ was a historical person, while there was no single historical refference about the muslim Isa as muslims see him.
The difference is that you chose to worship a man and we chose to see him for what he is, a Messenger and nothing more. Stop following Paul's religion of trinity and you'll find the religion of Jesus.

- Qatada -
08-20-2007, 07:42 PM
:salamext:

I don't know about it's permissibility.. so Allaah knows best, since i'm not sure whether it's permissible to depict Prophets since their so highly honored in the sight of Allaah. If someone can provide a fatwa that it's permissible, insha Allaah i can post the links.

syilla
08-21-2007, 12:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
:salamext:

I don't know about it's permissibility.. so Allaah knows best, since i'm not sure whether it's permissible to depict Prophets since their so highly honored in the sight of Allaah. If someone can provide a fatwa that it's permissible, insha Allaah i can post the links.
oh...the tv shows depict prophets? Then inshaAllah i will not be interested.

north_malaysian
08-21-2007, 01:35 AM
*some people man,*
erm... how about Baha'i Faith? They believe in Jesus too right?

Uthman
08-21-2007, 12:09 PM

I have a link but I don't know whether I am allowed to post it.

:w:

NoName55
08-21-2007, 12:50 PM

I saw it too (on video), was not very impressed with it though (since it included parts from an Iranian film called "saint Marry")

however I did appreciate the intentions of ITV

DAWUD_adnan
08-21-2007, 01:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
erm... how about Baha'i Faith? They believe in Jesus too right?
Well, no actually they don't, as they believe that ALL religions are ONE, this would be a clear contradiction, because hindus or jewish people for instance do not believe in Jesus.:)
They also believe that messengers are half divine, then why would the messengers say they are not , does this make them liars?

islamirama
08-21-2007, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
I saw it too (on video), was not very impressed with it though (since it included parts from an Iranian film called "saint Marry")

however I did appreciate the intentions of ITV

Here's the clip on the Saint Mary part, i heard it was good inclusion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U47MmpULJ7Y

Makky
08-21-2007, 05:39 PM
A perfect idea ma sha Allah

Roasted Cashew
08-22-2007, 09:30 AM
Ya, that would allow you to make a documentry on him but not something against him. You don't believe in him at all. How will you refute his prophethood? We Muslims believe in Jesus Christ(pbuh) as a messenger of GOD. Jesus's name is mentioned more than Muhammad's(pbuh) own in the Qur'an. The documentry depicts what the Qur'an says, that's all. And the Qur'an denies Jesus's divinity. Does the bible reject Muhammad's(pbuh) prophethood. Wait, in your version, he's not even mentioned. Hope everything is clear.

By the way, there was a documentry on Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) by a non-Muslim source, National Geographic. It was called "Muhammad, The legacy of a Prophet"

Peace!

Amadeus85
08-22-2007, 10:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hmmm5
Ya, that would allow you to make a documentry on him but not something against him. You don't believe in him at all. How will you refute his prophethood? We Muslims believe in Jesus Christ(pbuh) as a messenger of GOD. Jesus's name is mentioned more than Muhammad's(pbuh) own in the Qur'an. The documentry depicts what the Qur'an says, that's all. And the Qur'an denies Jesus's divinity. Does the bible reject Muhammad's(pbuh) prophethood. Wait, in your version, he's not even mentioned. Hope everything is clear.

By the way, there was a documentry on Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) by a non-Muslim source, National Geographic. It was called "Muhammad, The legacy of a Prophet"

Peace!
Yes you are quite right. For christians muslim prophet Muhammed is not more important than other historical persons like Napoleon or Julius Caeser. But all i wanted to say is that its so stupid to show a documentary neglecting divinity of Christ in a country where majority of people are (still ) christians, and that used to call itself a christian nation. :offended:

Uthman
08-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Edit.

Never mind.

UmmSqueakster
08-22-2007, 01:50 PM
While it doesn't contain much new information for those who are already familiar with Islam's view of Jesus (as), I thought it was a decent piece.

As for it being shown in a "christian" country, well, perhaps that "christian" country should have thought long and hard before colonizing largely muslim lands, making them part of her empire, and as such, dilouting the "christian" nature of the realm. Can't blame muslims for the fact that they're subjects of the queen.

NoName55
08-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Yes you are quite right. For christians muslim prophet Muhammed is not more important than other historical persons like Napoleon or Julius Caeser. But all i wanted to say is that its so stupid to show a documentary neglecting divinity of Christ in a country where majority of people are (still ) Christians, and that used to call itself a christian nation. :offended:
only a person, so blinded with hatred of Islam will see things the way you do, otherwise any sane person would have seen the balance shown in the program.

for every Muslim claim that was made about Christ, there was a counter claim shown by Christian speakers.

Program was also polluted by Sufi and Shiite speakers as well as a excerpts from a Shiite film depicting the life of Hzrat Mariam Alaisalaam.

Amadeus85
08-22-2007, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
only a person, so blinded with hatred of Islam will see things the way you do, otherwise any sane person would have seen the balance shown in the program.

for every Muslim claim that was made about Christ, there was a counter claim shown by Christian speakers.

Program was also polluted by Sufi and Shiite speakers as well as a excerpts from a Shiite film depicting the life of Hzrat Mariam Alaisalaam.
Well ok i agree with you, maybe i overreacred a bit. I didnt know that there were counter arguments by christian scholars. I simply didnt watch that programme, because i dont live in GB. But i hope that you understand me, you would feel the same if in a muslim country was shown a programme with negative view about Muhammed right?

snakelegs
08-23-2007, 05:24 AM
Yes you are quite right. For christians muslim prophet Muhammed is not more important than other historical persons like Napoleon or Julius Caeser. But all i wanted to say is that its so stupid to show a documentary neglecting divinity of Christ in a country where majority of people are (still ) christians, and that used to call itself a christian nation. :offended:
isn't it possible that some christians would really like to know how their muslim fellow citizens understand jesus?

north_malaysian
08-23-2007, 05:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
isn't it possible that some christians would really like to know how their muslim fellow citizens understand jesus?
I would love to see how the Jews' views about Jesus too....

DAWUD_adnan
08-23-2007, 06:02 AM
Well ok i agree with you, maybe i overreacred a bit. I didnt know that there were counter arguments by christian scholars. I simply didnt watch that programme, because i dont live in GB. But i hope that you understand me, you would feel the same if in a muslim country was shown a programme with negative view about Muhammed right?
Hold up, a program showing negative views about Jesus would never be shown in a Muslim country.This would be seen as blasphemy ( while in places as denmark negative views can be printed about Muhammad(saw) for some reason).
Realise, we are the only non Christians who believe and love Christ.
Evenmore than Christians themselves, why? because:

We don't ask him to be sacrificed for our foolish sins as a scape goat.

snakelegs
08-23-2007, 06:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I would love to see how the Jews' views about Jesus too....
as far as i know, they don't have a view because he is considered irrelevant. he is neither regarded as a prophet, messiah nor as god.

Roasted Cashew
08-23-2007, 06:43 AM
as far as i know, they don't have a view because he is considered irrelevant. he is neither regarded as a prophet, messiah nor as god.
Ya, you are right too! Anyways, I heard that the Talmud is full of hatred towards Jesus though. But, it's not the Torah, no!

snakelegs
08-23-2007, 07:13 AM
i don't know if that is true or not.
i do know many jews find it hard to be objective, because of being the victims for so many centuries, of christian terrorism.

Roasted Cashew
08-23-2007, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE=snakelegs;815049]i don't know if that is true or not.QUOTE]

I hope someone can shed some light on this topic.

zarhad
08-23-2007, 09:28 AM
This topic has been here a couple days not to draw away from it but did the article say when what time a channel this may be airing?

snakelegs
08-23-2007, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE=hmmm5;815093]
i don't know if that is true or not.QUOTE]

I hope someone can shed some light on this topic.
this would best be done here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...wered-jew.html
we have our very own in-house rabbi!
this thread is about the tv program on the islamic view of jesus.

Amadeus85
08-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Realise, we are the only non Christians who believe and love Christ.
Evenmore than Christians themselves, why? because:

We don't ask him to be sacrificed for our foolish sins as a scape goat.
Yes , thats why Saudi Arabia banned wearing crossed by stewardess who work in their planes, thats why in Saudi Arabia it is banned to wear crosses, thats why head of islamic organization in Italy, Adel Smith throw out the a cross from the hospital room where his daughter was laying.

NoName55
08-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Yes , thats why Saudi Arabia banned wearing crossed by stewardess who work in their planes, thats why in Saudi Arabia it is banned to wear crosses, thats why head of islamic organization in Italy, Adel Smith throw out the a cross from the hospital room where his daughter was laying.
I ask you to cease and desist from posting nonsense, stop comparing everything with the UK colony of Saudia or I (and mine) will make you our special project thus necessitating the intercession of certain staff on your behalf and charge us with stalking (as is their habit after seeing 2 or 3 consecutive posts to the same troll)

S_87
08-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Peace

i think its more showing that Muslims believe in Jesus peace be upon him to be a great Prophet of Allah, and that we dont reject him, he shows great importance, we await his arrival back on earth and his name is mentioned in the Quran many times with honour.

what you have said though is like Jews showing a documentary about Jesus peace be upon him since jews dont believe in Jesus peace be upon him as a Prophet, but also many hate him and are 'proud' their ancestors 'killed' him....

DAWUD_adnan
08-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Now i don't know about this Adel dude,and dont care about his actions,

How does this in anyway harm the status of Jesus? if anything it shows how we love Jesus evermore, because we hate that which was used to ''Crucify'' him. And we don't 'worship' it like the Christians, there is nothing holy about the cross rather shouldn't YOU love the man on the cross and abhor the cross, instead of taking and hanging, loving it everywhere?

Rather, the religion of Allah does not have any symbols, it is universal for all and does not burden any soul with that which it cannot bear. And it doesn't punish any soul for the sins of another.

O, Allah of Ibrahim(as) Muhammad(saw) and ALL of creation forgive us.imsad

Aamiin.

Amadeus85
08-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Now i don't know about this Adel dude,and dont care about his actions,

How does this in anyway harm the status of Jesus? if anything it shows how we love Jesus evermore, because we hate that which was used to ''Crucify'' him. And we don't 'worship' it like the Christians, there is nothing holy about the cross rather shouldn't YOU love the man on the cross and abhor the cross, instead of taking and hanging, loving it everywhere?

Rather, the religion of Allah does not have any symbols, it is universal for all and does not burden any soul with that which it cannot bear. And it doesn't punish any soul for the sins of another.

O, Allah of Ibrahim(as) Muhammad(saw) and ALL of creation forgive us.imsad

Aamiin.
Yes, you understand this on your way, but you should understand that christians have 2 thousands year tradition, more than 500 years older than islam. And at least in Europe non christians should show respoect to this tradition and cultrure. You dont have to understand it, but respect it.

DAWUD_adnan
08-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Yes, you understand this on your way, but you should understand that christians have 2 thousands year tradition, more than 500 years older than islam. And at least in Europe non christians should show respect to this tradition and cultrure. You dont have to understand it, but respect it.

So, do you agree with me that the cross is to be abhorred and only Jesus to be honoured? That the cross shouldn't be loved as it only brough suffering to jesus according to the bible:
45 Now from the sixth hour until the ninth hour there was darkness over all the land. 46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”[

Yes, Muslims respect it, they have too, but Muslims in their own 'world' don't have to honour the tool of torture supposedly used on Jesus (as).

Sami Zaatari
08-23-2007, 08:36 PM
good job saudia, and VERY good job adel, i wouldnt want a pagan symbol near my sick daughter as if it was going to heal her when infact its from satan. :)

Amadeus85
08-23-2007, 08:39 PM
So, do you agree with me that the cross is to be abhorred and only Jesus to be honoured? That the cross shouldn't be loved as it only brough suffering to jesus according to the bible:
45 Now from the sixth hour until the ninth hour there was darkness over all the land. 46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”[

Yes, Muslims respect it, they have too, but Muslims in their own 'world' don't have to honour the tool of torture supposedly used on Jesus (as).
Ok i agree with you that muslims in muslim world dont have to honour the cross, but those muslims who are already in Europe (or other christian majority countries) should understand that for some people this is part of their fait. They may disagree with this, they may laugh at this, but they should show repsect. Just like i think that making fun of muslim prophet Muhammad is bad, the same i want my religious feelings to be respected by non christians.

Sami Zaatari
08-23-2007, 08:39 PM
and if anyone is interested, here is the Jesus in Islam:

http://muslim-responses.com/jesus_in...esus_in_islam_

http://muslim-responses.com/Jesus_in..._in_the_Quran_

DAWUD_adnan
08-23-2007, 08:42 PM
Ok i agree with you that muslims in muslim world dont have to honour the cross, but those muslims who are already in Europe (or other christian majority countries) should understand that for some people this is part of their fait. They may disagree with this, they may laugh at this, but they should show repsect. Just like i think that making fun of muslim prophet Muhammad is bad, the same i want my religious feelings to be respected by non christians.
You have every right to say that, and expect that kind of respect from Muslims.

Amadeus85
08-23-2007, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sami Zaatari
good job saudia, and VERY good job adel, i wouldnt want a pagan symbol near my sick daughter as if it was going to heal her when infact its from satan. :)
You see and this is what im talking about. You answered like rude and small person, who doesnt care about others religious feelings. But dude, now i wont answer on your pity level, and i wont insult your muslim prophet Muhammad, because i think that only small and unhappy people insult other's religious feelings.

Amadeus85
08-23-2007, 08:46 PM
You have every right to say that, and expect that kind of respect from Muslims.
Uff good that we agree at last :thankyou:

Sami Zaatari
08-23-2007, 08:46 PM
You see and this is what im talking about. You answered like rude and small person, who doesnt care about others religious feelings. But dude, now i wont answer on your pity level, and i wont insult your muslim prophet Muhammad, because i think that only small and unhappy people insult other's religious feelings.
correct mr Aaron, you are a smart boy, I really dont care if i hurt your religous feelings, or any other person like you, i have seen your posts on this forum ;) i know how you are buddy.

:coolalien

Amadeus85
08-23-2007, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sami Zaatari
correct mr Aaron, you are a smart boy, I really dont care if i hurt your religous feelings, or any other person like you, i have seen your posts on this forum ;) i know how you are buddy.

:coolalien
You saw my posts and what? In this forum i saw posts that praised Osama ben Laden , posts that advised Talibans to kill Korean hostages. But somehow this doesnt bother you. Anyway i will ignore everyone who makes any personal insults to me.

Sami Zaatari
08-23-2007, 08:54 PM
lol i like offending your religious feelings, yours and people of your kind, when i say people of your kind i dont mean Christians in general, i mean western christians like you who insult and act all smart with Muslims then cry foul when a Muslim like me takes no **** from your kind, here is what the missionary leader of the answering-Islam (which im sure u visit) said about me:

This is an insult to all Christians, particularly all Christian missionaries, against whom this Muslim missionary has declared war. It is extremely offensive, and clearly intended to offend.This is not an isolated personal insult against one particular Christian, it is a deliberate insult and offense to all Christians, trying to stab the center of our faith and religious feelings.

(http://********************/Response...atari_61_6.htm)

lol i love that!

Sami Zaatari
08-23-2007, 08:59 PM
You saw my posts and what? In this forum i saw posts that praised Osama ben Laden , posts that advised Talibans to kill Korean hostages. But somehow this doesnt bother you. Anyway i will ignore everyone who makes any personal insults to me.
nop i am not bothered one iota by it, i dont really care if they praise the taliban, or osama bin laden, its your fault i cant blame them for hating your kind so much, especially when you justify israels violence and actions against palestinians, and general crimes commited by your kind against Muslims.

so get over it buddy, and if u cant lol then go get a tissue and fill it with your tears until you can squeeze the tissue that it can fill a glass cup for u in which it will become water and then you can drink it :D

Woodrow
08-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Just a reminder to every body. Personal insults will not be tolerated.

:threadclo

at least until we figure out if it can be salvaged and returned to the original topic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.