/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Materazzi reveals exact words to Zidane

mohammed farah
08-18-2007, 06:22 PM
(Please note strong language in paragraph 2)

MILAN, Aug 18 (Reuters) - Italy defender Marco Materazzi has finally revealed the exact words he used to provoke Zinedine Zidane into headbutting him in last year's World Cup final.

"I prefer the ***** that is your sister," he said in a interview with the TV Sorrisi e Canzoni magazine which comes out on Monday, Italian media reported on Saturday.

Materazzi had previously said that he had mentioned the France midfielder's sister in the verbal jousting between the two in the Berlin final, but had never given the exact words.

Zidane, who retired after the final, was sent off for the headbutt and Italy subsequently won on penalties

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Chechen
08-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Zidane was right in doing what he did. He's a real man, I respect him.

sudais1
08-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Man Zidane was amazing, football without zidane is cookie without milk :D

Zidane should have kicked him aswell

Amadeus85
08-18-2007, 08:59 PM
I supported Italians. In French team there were too few Frenchmen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The_Prince
08-18-2007, 09:01 PM
good move zidane! still the best player in the world

Kittygyal
08-18-2007, 09:03 PM
I Hate Em

SirDemonic
08-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Zidane is a legend :zip:

fatima_01
08-18-2007, 10:17 PM
i also read sumwere dnt exactly member wer but the french coach said earlier this month tht meterazzi did the right thing by getting zidane sent off!!!! wat an ungrateful ****

miqu
08-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Ow i see....

if someone said that to me, i doubt i will use my head to headbutt him.

I'll use my leg or fist. Bravo Zidane.

Intisar
08-18-2007, 11:09 PM
:sl: I don't respect Zidane for doing that, it would have been salt to Materazzi's wounds had he kept his cool and the French won the World Cup. But, Allah knows best.

جوري
08-19-2007, 12:29 AM
I never watch soccer but that one match I watched was highly disappointed that zidane had come so far and let his ambitions and talents be thwarted by a mafioso.. I think it would have been great had he channeled his anger toward a win.... the other louse just knew how to push his buttons.. would have rather he won the match and took him to a back alley later for a good pummel ...

:w:

Chechen
08-19-2007, 04:50 AM
Well he might have lost the cup but he definitely didn't lose his honor which is important. And it is very hard to control your emotions when someone says something like that to you.

جوري
08-19-2007, 05:07 AM
The Prophet said: 'If one of you happens to be standing when he becomes angry, then he should take a seat. If this helps his anger to subside, then good and well. Otherwise, he should go and lie down.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd, Sahîh Ibn Hibbân)
The Prophet said: 'The strong man is not the one who knocks others down, but the one who controls himself when angry.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
It would have killed that mafioso if zidane just smiled, won and pummled him later while calm and composed... I find things work better when you are calculating rather than impulsive... of course I should probably take that advise myself as I erupt in anger almost daily when on 'world affairs', hence I try to avoid it all together... just sucks the time and frequented only by three regulars day in and day out.. sort of like red blood cells around day 125-126.. they have been beaten around by the spleen so much, it practically calls them by name --(hi stan, hi George) ;D-- you know the minute they pass in there, they are done for :lol: one day I ought to write a story on day in and day out of the human body.. btw I have gotten 3 hours of sleep in 48 hours so if I am confabulating, pls forgive me ;D
:w:

abu abdurrahman
08-19-2007, 05:37 AM
:sl:

Excellent point sis ambrosia,

its so easy to lose your cool when provoked, but so difficult to have sabr!

Allah is with those who are patient...

Just one observation about this Italian fella...
Its seems quite silly to give away the one thing that made him famous BEFORE the release of his book!

Not putting the guy down or anything, but its not like he's a Maldini or a Totti...

AmarFaisal
08-19-2007, 06:53 AM
Hadn't he played enough to have heard so much more from the players of the other side, to know what tactics they can use to get you angry, to violate your honor??

The same thing I have seen happening in cricket. The ballers and batsmen remark violently at each other to provoke a mistake, which when done, goes in favor of the other team.

Evil Tactics!

smile
08-19-2007, 11:14 AM
lol..I luv watching the world cup soccer..its so entertaining

guyabano
08-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Zidane finished his career shamefully, and when you ask kids today what they know about Zidane, the say 'Headbutt'. That is what the upcoming generation will remember of him, and this scene will be shown for the next few decades, everytime there will be a worldcup tournament

Intisar
08-19-2007, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
Zidane finished his career shamefully, and when you ask kids today what they know about Zidane, the say 'Headbutt'. That is what the upcoming generation will remember of him, and this scene will be shown for the next few decades, everytime there will be a worldcup tournament
Exactly, and it sucks because he could have won and been remembered for something good and not shameful.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.