/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arabic a divine language?

glo
08-18-2007, 07:17 PM
The thread about God's/Allah's names made me wonder ...

As far as I understand Arabic is believed by Muslims to be a divine language. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
Either the language Allah speaks, or at least the language he chose to converse to humans with.

But when God spoke to the old prophets (prior to Muhammed) he did not speak in Arabic (at least not according to the records predating the Qu'ran) - he spoke in Hebrew.

How is this explained Islamically? And what makes Arabic so special?

Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
islamirama
08-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Allah spoke to the Prophets in the language they spoke at that time. For Musa a.s. he spoke Hebrew, for other prophets He spoke their native tongue. Even for Adam a.s. He spoke the language Adam a.s knew, which is the father language of all the different ones we know today.

Arabic is special becuase it was language the last Prophet (saws) spoke and becuase it is the language the Quran (speech of Allah) came down to us. The Arabic Quran is in is called Fusa arabic, it is the pure arabic from which we have so many different dialects.

As for which is the divine language. I don't know about that. Some Muslims will say that Arabic is the language of Jannah(heaven) but i have not come across anything that supports that statement. The fact is we humans speak any many languages and Prophets came to us speaking the language of that time, and Allah spoke to them in their native tongue. As for what is in heaven, only Allah knows in what language He will address us all. It could be any language from earth or a whole new language for people of the Hereafter only.

Allahu alim (Allah know best)...

Woodrow
08-19-2007, 12:32 AM
From what I can find I am in agreement with Islamirama on this. Although I have heard many people say that Arabic is the language we will speak in Jannah, so far I have found no verification of this. But, I still have much to read and learn.

NoName55
08-19-2007, 12:47 AM
I see just one problem with this thread; it already exists in another thread!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
back_to_faith
08-19-2007, 08:45 AM
Greetings,

:sl:
According to the Quran ,ALL human languages are of a divine origin ,not only Arabic..

The Holy Quran30:22 And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the variations in your languages and your colours: verily in that are Signs for those who know.

in light of the verse,one shoudn't offend a language due to it's so called difficulty,or praise another language....

according to the verse,one shoudn't offend a human color too.
nor believe in the myth of that the black race in human is due to a divine curse as in [Gen. 9:21]

Thank you very much glo

und Guten Tag (smiling)

glo
08-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Guten Abend, back_to_faith and everybody else

Thank you for your helpful responses. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.