/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu ME

Abdul Fattah
08-18-2007, 11:19 PM
Selam aleykum
Ubuntu now also has ME
No, not millenium edition, but muslim edition!
Although teh name suggests it's a distribution, it is just a package that installs qur'an recitor and azaanp rogram and some other stuff on the standard ubuntu OS
Have a look: http://www.ubuntume.com/screenshots

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul Fattah
08-25-2007, 09:47 PM
So anyone bumbed ... ehr... I mean ... tried it outs so far?

The Ruler
08-30-2007, 08:30 PM
:sl:

What is Ubuntu? Forgive my silly lack of knowledge.

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnRuwahah
lol...I want to try out Ubuntu 7.4, though I'm still awaiting some miracle that will somehow remove Vista from my machine, and kill Bill Gates :smile:
Oh no. Don't you dare. I am just enjoying the awesomity that Vista is.

:w:

jzcasejz
08-30-2007, 09:08 PM
As-Salaamu'alaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by Amatul Malik

What is Ubuntu? Forgive my silly lack of knowledge.
It's an operating system, just like you have Windowx XP, Vista and so on. Just that Ubuntu is based on Linux. Am I right Bro Abdul Fattah?

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnRuwahah
I'm still awaiting some miracle that will somehow remove Vista from my machine, and kill Bill Gates :smile:
Sorry I've no idea on how to delete Vista, but PM me if you need any help with the Bill Gates bit. :raging:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Fattah
09-15-2007, 09:55 PM
selam aleykum
yes, jzcasejz ubuntu is a linux based operating system.

And, I don't know about the killing part but format C should do the trick of getting rid of vista :D
Better make backup first though ;)

By the way, you don't have to get rid of vista to try it out. All you have to do is download ubuntu and write that to a cd. You now have a live-cd if you start your pc you can boot from that cd as if it were hard disk without changing anything to your settings. This way you can test how an ubuntu-enviroment would work for you. (For example you could test if your wireless and printer and graphic card is recognised, cause if you gonna have to install all of those it'll be tricky. Then if you decide Ubuntu is your cup of thea, you can create a partition and install ubuntu on it from that live-cd. Then you'll have a dual boot, where you can choose on startup whether you want to run vista or ubuntu today.

mosheen
10-05-2007, 10:45 AM
This ubuntu has very beautiful wallpapers. Jazakallah kair for the information. I made a bookmark of it. Will try it out insha allah when they release a stable version.

Abdul Fattah
10-10-2007, 12:36 AM
7.4 is the latest stable, the betatesting is for the upcoming 7.10
(which is scheduled for release in 9 days)
See, Ubuntu upgrades every 6 months. There's plenty of stable versions.

Edit: oh I just realised, you meant stable ME package :)
sorry for teh misunderstanding, well they said they planned final release for this ramadaan inshaAllah, so there deadline must be close :p

Skillganon
11-16-2007, 04:28 AM
I was thinking of trying out Ubuntu.

Their is another version apparently you can install from windows on a partition without reformating it. Its and installation. Might check it out.

Only if I can remember the proer name

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.