/* */

PDA

View Full Version : why do some women wear a bead in the middle of their forehead?

abby
08-19-2007, 05:03 AM
I work at JCPenney's, and occasionally I see middle eastern women coming in wearing long robes and have their heads covered, and have a bead in the middle of their forehead. Does the bead have any particular meaning, or is it just a decoration?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
08-19-2007, 09:12 PM
I see that sometimes here in Texas. I believe the women are from India. I could be wrong but I think it has something to do with Hinduism.

Kittygyal
08-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Indian dudette do that

S_87
08-19-2007, 09:19 PM
Peace
thats a hindu custom not a muslim one.
its generally called a 'bindi'. it is traditionally a spot put for marriage though now many people including muslims wear stuff similiar stuff like that for fashion

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
08-19-2007, 09:20 PM
why don't they get a drop of paint and do that LOOOL

zarhad
08-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Its a symbol of hinduism they are hindu not muslim. they have there own special beliefs that go with it

Pk_#2
08-19-2007, 10:58 PM
Yeah used to be a sign to show they are married, now alot of younger unmarried girls wear it as a fashion accessory?!

Looks...... 8-)

Kittygyal
08-20-2007, 01:16 PM
^ Yesh part of there culture and fashion

Tania
08-22-2007, 02:30 PM
In the movie Salman put the bead to his bride forehead in the night of wedding - it was like a ring which will show to everyone she is married. It was a very touchy moment. I think its red henna :-[

Kittygyal
08-22-2007, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
In the movie Salman put the bead to his bride forehead in the night of wedding - it was like a ring which will show to everyone she is married. It was a very touchy moment. I think its red henna :-[

Hi,

who is salman:?

Ya it's more like a sign of there religion and there beliefs

Haidar_Abbas
08-22-2007, 05:01 PM
:sl: :hiding: cant tell hindu from a muslimah this calls for a good laff :giggling: :okay:

Kittygyal
08-22-2007, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Haidar_Abbas
:sl: :hiding: cant tell hindu from a muslimah this calls for a good laff :giggling: :okay:
:sl:
I beg yo pardon?

Ofcourse you can, Hindu's are way different than a normal muslimah.

Humm :mmokay:

Tania
08-22-2007, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Hi,

who is salman:?

Ya it's more like a sign of there religion and there beliefs
Its an actor which has several movies with love topic. His name is Salman Khan :)

Kittygyal
08-22-2007, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
Its an actor which has several movies with love topic. His name is Salman Khan :)
OKAY THANX

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.